Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Journal question (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10968)

Lord August 7th, 2010 10:46 PM

Journal question

Hi all,
I have the Hero Lab installed, and I manage all my player's characters.
after a session, I want to write the journal enrty about that session and apply the same journal enrty to all characters (or, preffered, using a check box, only to the participating characters).
is there an option to do so or should I write the same enrty again and again ?
thanks

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer August 8th, 2010 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord (Post 42347)
Hi all,
I have the Hero Lab installed, and I manage all my player's characters.
after a session, I want to write the journal enrty about that session and apply the same journal enrty to all characters (or, preffered, using a check box, only to the participating characters).
is there an option to do so or should I write the same enrty again and again ?
thanks

Oooh, that sounds a bit like our old "make a template" request that Colen has on his list. :p

I don't know about a "one-click" method and I find your idea of selective distribution interesting. Hopefully Colen could implement such a thing.

In the meanwhile, I suggest you do what I've done in the past. Write the journal entry, then use your mouse to highlight (left-click/drag) it (or the portions you want) and right-click, select copy. Then go to the new hero's journal section and right-click, select paste to put that entry into his/her journal. Not automatic but it is somewhat elegant, saves you from typing over & over and gets the job done. :)

If anyone has a better idea please sound-off because I like learning new things. :)

Hope that helps,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Lord August 9th, 2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 42351)
Oooh, that sounds a bit like our old "make a template" request that Colen has on his list. :p

I don't know about a "one-click" method and I find your idea of selective distribution interesting. Hopefully Colen could implement such a thing.

In the meanwhile, I suggest you do what I've done in the past. Write the journal entry, then use your mouse to highlight (left-click/drag) it (or the portions you want) and right-click, select copy. Then go to the new hero's journal section and right-click, select paste to put that entry into his/her journal. Not automatic but it is somewhat elegant, saves you from typing over & over and gets the job done. :)

If anyone has a better idea please sound-off because I like learning new things. :)

Hope that helps,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

Thanks,
I will use the copy/paste option, though it is not the best solution.

Colen August 12th, 2010 11:45 AM

Interesting idea. For now, the copy/paste method is best, but I'll put this on our to-do list. Thanks!