Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh March 10th, 2019 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cebadec (Post 276542)
So here is what I assume is an extremely basic question (if I'm in the wrong area please correct me), I've gotten permission to make an Aegis from my GM and since Powerstones are like Scrolls he has given me permission to have some embedded in the astral suit as well as being able to have more "on hand" in a bag, provided I pay the equivalent gold costs. I can't seem to find any Items for the "Powerstones" anywhere outside of the "Astral Suit" tab once I enable the "Powerstone Repository" customization. However it gives me the red error if I select more than I am supposed to (in terms of being able to embed in the suit). Is there items (similar to scrolls) already made and I just don't know how to find them? or is this something that I will have to attempt to "code" myself?

Thanks in advance.

This is still on my to-do list to add. I added the logic for the Astral Suit but I will need to create new gizmos similar but different than the Dorje.

The little free-time I have has actually been focused on Path of War improvements that are way overdue. So it could be a good while before I get to add in Powerstones. Sorry... :(

cebadec March 10th, 2019 04:12 PM

@ShadowChemos awesome! Thanks for the reply. I appreciate all the work you do with it. I’ll use dorjes as a work around for it if nothing else to Put the list of “Powerstones” in the bag.

Thanks again!

Matt Droz March 12th, 2019 05:05 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm noticing that the Artificer spells from the Eberron Campaign pack are coming up when not using the pack. They appear when creating scrolls and such, causing spells to appear twice. Can you source the spells so they don't show up unless you have the pack checked off?

The first pic is showing the duplicate identify spells, the second shows the list of spells that come up as Artificer when Eberron is not checked off.

ShadowChemosh March 13th, 2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Droz (Post 276618)
I'm noticing that the Artificer spells from the Eberron Campaign pack are coming up when not using the pack. They appear when creating scrolls and such, causing spells to appear twice. Can you source the spells so they don't show up unless you have the pack checked off?

The first pic is showing the duplicate identify spells, the second shows the list of spells that come up as Artificer when Eberron is not checked off.

I should be able to get that done for the next release.... Never noticed that issue before. Thanks!

pathfinder_nerd March 17th, 2019 03:36 PM

Hey ShadowChemosh,

Any chance that Path of War archetypes and Advanced Psionic Guide will make it into a release? :)

Also is there anywhere I can donate to your cause such as Patreon? I am a new Hero Lab user but I love your content.

Minous March 18th, 2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathfinder_nerd (Post 276782)
Hey ShadowChemosh,

Any chance that Path of War archetypes and Advanced Psionic Guide will make it into a release? :)

Also is there anywhere I can donate to your cause such as Patreon? I am a new Hero Lab user but I love your content.

Shadow has explicitly refused compensation, as he wants to maintain this as a hobby, not a job :)

ionstorm20 March 19th, 2019 03:41 PM

Just out of curiosity, will other DSP products be put into this? For instance, will the Malefex make an appearance?

Virtue April 18th, 2019 07:19 AM

Shadow are you doing requests or would you mind working with someone? Im trying to do the Simple templates for all classes from Rogue Genius and its way harder coding than i know how to do.

ShadowChemosh April 20th, 2019 11:41 AM

The release of the new "Pathfinder Pack" version 1.20 is out!

v1.20 April 20, 2019

Bug Fixes
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Fixed #149 - Corrected Eldritch Energy Hammer to final book text, corrected short desc to remove leftover mention of 10d6 damage.
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Fixed #150 - Updated the Mystic Class to use the correct Stance progression from the final book text.
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Fixed #152 - Grim Guard's Laughter was still on the playtest text with an AoE rather than a single attack.
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Corrected Eldritch Energy Hammer to final book text, corrected short desc to remove leftover mention of 10d6 damage.
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Updated the Mystic Class to use the correct Stance progression from the final book text.
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Correct Grim Guard Laughter from Playtest text.
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Grim Guard's Laughter was still on the playtest text with an AoE rather than a single attack.
  • Path of War (phlidwsn) - Corrected text and prereq checks for Elemental Flux Shift and Elemental Flux Explosion feats.
  • Seven Swords of Sin (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed the costs of the Bodice of Resistance items.
  • Eberron (ShadowChemosh) - Fixed #157 - Source marked all the spells used in the Eberron campaign setting so they do not get displayed when crafting wands/scrolls.
New Features
  • Path of War (Nightmare) - Added the Knight Disciple Archetype from the PoW Expanded.
  • Path of War (Nightmare) - Added Primal Disciple from the PoW:Ex.
  • Path of War (Nightmare) - Added Monk of the Silver Fist Archetype.
  • Path of War (Nightmare) - Added the Brutal Slayer Stalker Archetype.
  • Path of War (Nightmare) - Added Ambush Hunter Archetype.
  • (ShadowChemosh) Torch equipment - Added logic for the Firebrand feat to the community Torch weapon.
Data File Authoring
  • 3PP Tome of Secrets (ShadowChemosh) - Enhanced the priest channel energy ability based on LW's latest channel energy standards.

catman123456 April 20th, 2019 06:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The elocater is not increasing the land speed.

Ualaa April 21st, 2019 08:07 PM

Juicy archetypes, awesome!

ThornCastle April 23rd, 2019 08:37 AM

I'm Getting the following error upon loading up Pathfinder
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SoMFtTdTI' on line 28
-> Tag 'source.pSoMFtTrPr' not defined

ShadowChemosh April 23rd, 2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThornCastle (Post 278347)
I'm Getting the following error upon loading up Pathfinder
Syntax error in script for Procedure 'SoMFtTdTI' on line 28
-> Tag 'source.pSoMFtTrPr' not defined

That is from Sphere's of Power project nothing to do with the community Pack. You need to contact TheIronGolem or see THIS thread.

ShadowChemosh April 23rd, 2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catman123456 (Post 278283)
The elocater is not increasing the land speed.

Thanks for the bug report...

ThornCastle April 23rd, 2019 10:05 AM

Ok, wasn't sure as the error popped up after I updated both Spheres and the PfCP soooo...

ShadowChemosh April 23rd, 2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThornCastle (Post 278352)
Ok, wasn't sure as the error popped up after I updated both Spheres and the PfCP soooo...

No issues... It can be hard to know who to contact when you have multiple addons. :)

Golkiwu April 24th, 2019 03:56 AM

Zealot Arcehtype Request
 
Would love to see the Zealot Archetypes make it in to the Community Pack.

Akashic Mysteries Classes would be cool as well but I know you are working through the Psionics and PoW ATM.:)

lordarcheron May 1st, 2019 12:34 PM

I would like to see Akashic Mysteries Classes too.
But mostly the Rajah. :)

Sarelth May 2nd, 2019 01:15 AM

Noticed the Gown of Resistance (+1 to +4) from "Tomb of the Iron Medusa" has the same price for all versions. It is listed as 16,000gp for all of them. Probably a place holder that was just forgotten about.

EDIT: Adding to the issues tracker instead of here.

Anidarc May 9th, 2019 07:59 PM

After the last Herolab update none of the community pack, nor any other secondary source, files are showing up on the list of rule configurations. I have reinstalled Herolab and the files. Herolab shows them under third party updates. I'm completely at a loss at how to get this working again.

ShadowChemosh May 10th, 2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anidarc (Post 278808)
After the last Herolab update none of the community pack, nor any other secondary source, files are showing up on the list of rule configurations. I have reinstalled Herolab and the files. Herolab shows them under third party updates. I'm completely at a loss at how to get this working again.

I am going to assume that when you start Pathfinder you are getting an error window. Once HL finds an error in one of the addons you have installed it goes into safe mode and will not load any addon. :(

I need to see that list of errors when Pathfinder first loads to try and help. When you see the error window you can RIGHT mouse click and say "Copy" to get the whole list of errors. Then paste them into this thread.

If you get no error window on Pathfinder load let me know that also. :)

Anidarc May 10th, 2019 12:04 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply! This is the only error I have been receiving.

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rcSoPAberr' - Bootstrap thing 'xAmorphous' does not exist"

ShadowChemosh May 10th, 2019 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anidarc (Post 278815)
Thank you for your prompt reply! This is the only error I have been receiving.

"The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Thing 'rcSoPAberr' - Bootstrap thing 'xAmorphous' does not exist"

The issue is actually coming from Spheres of Power. I would start with making sure you have the latest Sphere addons fully updated. I would go into Updates and force update all the Sphere of Power addons you have. It won't hurt anything and it will guarantee you have the latest versions.

If that does not work I would recommend posting to THIS thread to get TheIronGolem's attention who is the author of Spheres of Power. Be sure to include the above error message to help him track down the issue. He can then give you more specific instructions on how to fix this issue. :)

Dahvood May 11th, 2019 07:25 PM

Quick bug report - the feat "Speed of Thought" (fPUSpdThgt) incorrectly gives an enhancement bonus to move speed, instead of an insight bonus as per the book. Thanks!

ShadowChemosh May 12th, 2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dahvood (Post 278836)
Quick bug report - the feat "Speed of Thought" (fPUSpdThgt) incorrectly gives an enhancement bonus to move speed, instead of an insight bonus as per the book. Thanks!

Thanks for the bug report...

Kalii Steele May 12th, 2019 09:05 PM

hows path of war: expanded's progress?
 
I love all the path of war content, and I saw there was an update on april 20th mentioning new archetypes. got me thinking, how are the harbinger ones comeing along? I know the crimson countess are ravenlord are done, but I would love to hear if the omen rider and edgelord ones are being worked on. also if the various other factions are getting some love, would make getting the other paths even easier. much love to everyone working on this btw, doing whatever god you follows work. :D

Kalii Steele May 12th, 2019 09:09 PM

and actually, hows the april augmented content overall going? if I manage to learn how to properly work HLs system, Id love to add that kind of content.

ShadowChemosh May 13th, 2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalii Steele (Post 278850)
I love all the path of war content, and I saw there was an update on april 20th mentioning new archetypes. got me thinking, how are the harbinger ones comeing along? I know the crimson countess are ravenlord are done, but I would love to hear if the omen rider and edgelord ones are being worked on. also if the various other factions are getting some love, would make getting the other paths even easier. much love to everyone working on this btw, doing whatever god you follows work. :D

Right now just have a few people with a little time helping out. I am sorry I have no specific timeline for when new archetypes will get added. :)

GrinningJest3r May 25th, 2019 09:08 PM

Shadow, I don't know how high this might rate on your current project or bugs/problems list, but I just wanted to let you know that the "RGG - Alchemical Bomb Discoveries" do not have sources linked to the abilities, so they'll show up as valid selections even if the "RGG - Alchemical Bomb Discoveries" is disabled in the hero configuration options.

I don't know what other sets this might apply to. I looked at a couple of others from the RGG Bullet Points series and the ones I checked all had sources linked.

Sturmrider May 26th, 2019 06:31 AM

Errors on the Shadow packs showing in the editor
 
Hi Shadow,

I am trying to make a new class, but when I run the Test on it I am getting a number of errors.

Here is a copy of them, most are in the Shadow community packs. I am wondering if there is an update or if I should just remove them temporarily.

I have done all updates that have been shown and not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thank you for your help.

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 81) - Tag Group 'mDescript' - Referenced tag group 'sDescript' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 91) - Tag Group 'mLevel' - Referenced tag group 'sLevel' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 129) - Tag Group 'mSave' - Referenced tag group 'sSave' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 204) - Tag Group 'PWActNRG' - Referenced tag group 'PriElement' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 92) - Tag Group 'PathSkill' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 147) - Tag Group 'PsicrystID' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'DamAbil' - Referenced tag group 'AttrDamage' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 88) - Tag Group 'wBite' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 98) - Tag Group 'wClaw' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 104) - Tag Group 'wConstrict' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 110) - Tag Group 'wGore' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 116) - Tag Group 'wHooves' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 122) - Tag Group 'wRake' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 128) - Tag Group 'wRend' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 134) - Tag Group 'wSlam' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 140) - Tag Group 'wTailSlap' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 146) - Tag Group 'wTalon' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'wTentacle' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 158) - Tag Group 'wTrample' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 164) - Tag Group 'wWing' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 170) - Tag Group 'wManSpike' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 252) - Tag Group 'PolyImmune' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 257) - Tag Group 'PolyResist' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 262) - Tag Group 'PolyVulner' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 81) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Helper' not defined
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 82) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'ProductId' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 29) - Field 'mDC' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 42) - Field 'mIL' - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 53) - Field 'mIM' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 98) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Usage' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 99) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecType' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 104) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 114) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'PreLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 245) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Init Setup') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 276) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Calc IL') - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 306) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 365) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 407) - Component 'PWDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 18) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 19) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 20) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 21) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 23) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 32) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 51) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 91) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 139) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 140) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 141) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 142) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined

Regards,

Larry

Sarelth May 26th, 2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sturmrider (Post 279169)
Hi Shadow,

I am trying to make a new class, but when I run the Test on it I am getting a number of errors.

Here is a copy of them, most are in the Shadow community packs. I am wondering if there is an update or if I should just remove them temporarily.

I have done all updates that have been shown and not sure what I am doing wrong.

Thank you for your help.

That is a common and known issue while making new things with the editor, due to some yet unfixed memory leak. You just have to restart the program and it should go away. Frustrating for testing, but you get used to it after a while.

Silveras May 26th, 2019 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarelth (Post 279171)
That is a common and known issue while making new things with the editor, due to some yet unfixed memory leak. You just have to restart the program and it should go away. Frustrating for testing, but you get used to it after a while.

The 64-bit open beta version does not show this same problem... probably because it has more memory capacity to work with. So I make sure I use the 64-bit version for editing and the 32-bit for play (RealmWorks integration does not play well with the 64-bit HeroLab beta).

Sturmrider May 26th, 2019 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarelth (Post 279171)
That is a common and known issue while making new things with the editor, due to some yet unfixed memory leak. You just have to restart the program and it should go away. Frustrating for testing, but you get used to it after a while.

Thank you will tackle it now knowing of the issue.

Take care.

Regards,

Larry

Sarelth June 1st, 2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 279179)
The 64-bit open beta version does not show this same problem... probably because it has more memory capacity to work with. So I make sure I use the 64-bit version for editing and the 32-bit for play (RealmWorks integration does not play well with the 64-bit HeroLab beta).

That is good to know, I will have to hunt down the 64 bit beta version then myself. WOuld be very helpful.

Azhrei June 2nd, 2019 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 279179)
The 64-bit open beta version does not show this same problem... probably because it has more memory capacity to work with.

That's a shame. It puts a bandaid on it such that it will probably never get fixed (as a programmer, I can say, "been there, seen that, have the t-shirt"). Or maybe the process of porting it to 64-bit solved the issue somehow...?

Farling June 2nd, 2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhrei (Post 279312)
That's a shame. It puts a bandaid on it such that it will probably never get fixed (as a programmer, I can say, "been there, seen that, have the t-shirt"). Or maybe the process of porting it to 64-bit solved the issue somehow...?

The problem appears to be the 32-bit version running out of memory because the data set for Pathfinder is too big; thus the problem is fixed by using technology that allows more memory to be accessed.

willwrk4internet June 2nd, 2019 06:59 PM

Pathfinder Community Pack Documentation?
 
Hi all, I have been using Hero Lab for a few years now, but I just recently got into the community packs. First let me say wow. I am in awe of all the work that the community/forum members have put into this.
I have played around with the community packs and read the release notes, but I haven't found any "official" documentation. Is there a help or readme file for the content in the community pack?
A more basic question is how do I find new content that I import from the community pack? If I choose a source such as "ShadowChemosh's Adjustments" I have no idea where to find this content within Hero Lab. I am especially interested in getting the community bestiary for Paizo modules (e.g. "Dragon's Demand").
I suppose if I knew where to find the content I wouldn't need much documentation, because I could just play around with it. But help with either or both of my questions would be greatly appreciated!

Azhrei June 3rd, 2019 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 279314)
The problem appears to be the 32-bit version running out of memory because the data set for Pathfinder is too big; thus the problem is fixed by using technology that allows more memory to be accessed.

Huh? That doesn't make any sense, because a second attempt will work. How can that be if the problem is a lack of addressing space?

Without knowing the code, there could be an issue where memory is allocated and the return value isn't checked to ensure memory was actually allocated. There's a possibility that the memory is allocated, but a dangling pointer results in the allocation being "forgotten" such that the code can't find that element in the future. Or it could just be a bug in managing pointers and have nothing to do with memory allocation at all.

Since it's not an open source project, there's no way for experienced programmers in the community to do anything more than speculate. And while I've disassembled code in the past to fix bugs, those were back in the days when I had infinitely more time. ;)

ShadowChemosh June 3rd, 2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willwrk4internet (Post 279320)
Hi all, I have been using Hero Lab for a few years now, but I just recently got into the community packs. First let me say wow. I am in awe of all the work that the community/forum members have put into this.

Thanks! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by willwrk4internet (Post 279320)
I have played around with the community packs and read the release notes, but I haven't found any "official" documentation. Is there a help or readme file for the content in the community pack?

I tried to keep some documentation but the Community Pack grew faster than I could keep up with it. So unfortunately nothing like this exists. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by willwrk4internet (Post 279320)
A more basic question is how do I find new content that I import from the community pack? If I choose a source such as "ShadowChemosh's Adjustments" I have no idea where to find this content within Hero Lab.

This adds in new adjustments that can be found on the "Adjust" tab. If you turn on a specific source like Path of War then you will find new classes, feats, equipment from that book.

As everything is source marked this means you could search via the source name. In example if you go to the Adjust tab and and open a list of adjustments then type in "ShadowChemosh" at the top you will see all the adjustments that are attached to that source.

The one weird thing is my adjustments also add new skills that you can add on the Skills tab for concentration. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by willwrk4internet (Post 279320)
I am especially interested in getting the community bestiary for Paizo modules (e.g. "Dragon's Demand").

The pre-built encounters are actually downloaded separate over at d20pfsrd from the community repository. Also note that the old Community Bestiary has been rolled into the Community Pack (all in one now).

Last thing to know is that community created encounters are different from the ones purchased from LW. If an encounter pulls a monster from a standard Paizo source the community didn't re-create it meaning you will need some of the Bestiary books from LW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by willwrk4internet (Post 279320)
I suppose if I knew where to find the content I wouldn't need much documentation, because I could just play around with it. But help with either or both of my questions would be greatly appreciated!

Hopefully this helps some... :)

LoppnessMonsta June 6th, 2019 06:08 PM

Hello! I've been using Hero Lab for a while, and have been enjoying the Community Pack almost as long.

I've bumped into something I would imagine to be an easy fix... for someone who knows what they're doing, which I do not.

The Skald (Spell Warrior) archetype gives a class feature similar to Magus's Arcane Pool, and the Community Pack adjustment for that Magus ability works fantastic. However, the Skald version is not quite the same. The list of enchantments that can be applied to the weapons is slightly different:

Skald gets Dancing, Defending, Distance, Flaming, Frost, Ghost Touch, Keen, Mighty Cleaving, Returning, Shock, Seeking, or Speed.

Magus gets (and the adjustment has) Dancing, Flaming, Flaming Burst, Frost, Icy Burst, Keen, Shock, Shocking Burst, Speed, and Vorpal.

How do I go about creating an adjustment that functions like the Magus adjustment, but has a different Enchantment list? I've never created a custom adjustment before, and frankly it's quite daunting, even with the existing Adjustment to copy from.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.