Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

JHale1966 September 6th, 2016 04:19 PM

Thank you! :)

Sendric September 9th, 2016 05:18 AM

Looks like the "Superstition" class ability from the "COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Classes" file has an error in how it determines the bonus to saves.

The core files version uses the following script:

Code:

field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + 2
The community version uses:

Code:

field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + #value[cBbnSupers]
This just about doubles the benefit. For example, I have a Level 16 Dwarf Barbarian who should be getting a +6 bonus (2 + levels/4), but with the community version is receiving +10 (2 + levels/4 from core + levels/4 from community).

ShadowChemosh September 9th, 2016 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 234385)
Looks like the "Superstition" class ability from the "COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Classes" file has an error in how it determines the bonus to saves.

The core files version uses the following script:

Code:

field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + 2
The community version uses:

Code:

field[abValue].value += round(field[xTotalLev].value / 4, 0, -1) + #value[cBbnSupers]
This just about doubles the benefit. For example, I have a Level 16 Dwarf Barbarian who should be getting a +6 bonus (2 + levels/4), but with the community version is receiving +10 (2 + levels/4 from core + levels/4 from community).

That means the core version changed again. So originally I was looking at just getting any "bonuses" from the CORE ability. As I had found some "Things" can add to your superstition value. Now it sets its value into abValue instead that or the Timing of the script changed in the CORE ability.

Will have to adjust the script know just take and use the abValue from cBbnSupers instead.

The whole idea was that I wanted to allow for the ability to turn ON/OFF but I wanted any scripts adjusting the value of Superstition in HL to still work. Without needing to use Replace Thing ID. :)

Tizzar September 18th, 2016 08:48 AM

Is there a way to increase a rangers favorite enemy/upgrade picks? I have look in the adjustment from ShadowChemosh and the community pack but I have had no luck.

Jason

ShadowChemosh September 18th, 2016 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tizzar (Post 234711)
Is there a way to increase a rangers favorite enemy/upgrade picks? I have look in the adjustment from ShadowChemosh and the community pack but I have had no luck.

Jason

Nope no such adjustment currently exists. I can add it to the to-do list but it could be awhile.

The script is pretty simple though. Here is an example script adding 1 upgrade for terrain/enemy. Run it at Post-Level/10000
Code:

hero.child[resEnemUpg].field[resMax].value += 1
hero.child[resTerrUpg].field[resMax].value += 1

Rednal September 18th, 2016 12:21 PM

Speaking of a "to do" list, how practical do you think it would be to have a 'Blank' class you could take levels in, with drop-down menus to select things like hit dice size, saving throw speeds, and BAB speed? It's no substitute for fully programming a class, but if you're using that and the 'Customize' options (for NPCs... wish that was enabled for normal PCs, too), you could effectively kludge together a class that's not actually in the system...

Dwayne September 18th, 2016 04:58 PM

Would it be possible to add the ability to add evolutions?

ShadowChemosh September 19th, 2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednal (Post 234716)
Speaking of a "to do" list, how practical do you think it would be to have a 'Blank' class you could take levels in, with drop-down menus to select things like hit dice size, saving throw speeds, and BAB speed? It's no substitute for fully programming a class, but if you're using that and the 'Customize' options (for NPCs... wish that was enabled for normal PCs, too), you could effectively kludge together a class that's not actually in the system...

Hmmm... Thinking about this a little I don't see it being that useful. Even if I "could" get it to work. Classes are very unique in what they do especially with how each special ability works. I am not seeing a "generic" class with no specials being that helpful for anyone.... :confused:

ShadowChemosh September 19th, 2016 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwayne (Post 234721)
Would it be possible to add the ability to add evolutions?

Can you give more details about this? Are you asking to add brand new evoltuions? If that is the case you have to use the editor.

If you mean the "number" of evolutions a Eidolon gets then I think that is already in HL. Hmmm actually after looking it is not. I am really sort of surprised at this point that it has not been added. :)

I can add that to the adjustments to-do list.

blzbob September 19th, 2016 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 234766)
Hmmm... Thinking about this a little I don't see it being that useful. Even if I "could" get it to work. Classes are very unique in what they do especially with how each special ability works. I am not seeing a "generic" class with no specials being that helpful for anyone.... :confused:

This could be very useful for the Talented classes from Rogue Genius Games.

ShadowChemosh September 19th, 2016 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blzbob (Post 234779)

When I was working on the Talented Monk version I had to re-create all the specials as "Custom Specials". The problem being Class Abilities expect to be "Bootstrapped" to the class. Logic is hard-coded into the components to go look for the Pick they are bootstrapped to.

This would be the big hurdle as somehow I would have to get around that logic.... :(

direinsomniac September 20th, 2016 12:52 PM

So I am trying to modify a character's available maneuvers, by using the "Add Martial Discipline to class" and "Remove Martial Discipline to Class" adjustments.

I am doing this to make work a published regional trait called Unorthodox Maneuver, (from PoW:Expanded) which swaps out one discipline for another --- as far as I can tell, this trait isn't scripted yet.

For some reason even though I have added the Primal Fury discipline via the adjustment, none of them are showing up in my available maneuvers list.

ShadowChemosh September 20th, 2016 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by direinsomniac (Post 234815)
So I am trying to modify a character's available maneuvers, by using the "Add Martial Discipline to class" and "Remove Martial Discipline to Class" adjustments.

I am doing this to make work a published regional trait called Unorthodox Maneuver, (from PoW:Expanded) which swaps out one discipline for another --- as far as I can tell, this trait isn't scripted yet.

For some reason even though I have added the Primal Fury discipline via the adjustment, none of them are showing up in my available maneuvers list.

Sounds like the same big reported HERE. I have not had anytime to look at the issue yet.

P.S. - Putting this here "one" time is enough I don't really need PMs and posts about the same issue. Really I get enough already. :)

direinsomniac September 20th, 2016 05:32 PM

Sorry for the double posting to you.

Mithosaurion September 23rd, 2016 07:19 PM

I've been getting this error every time I try to make a Rogue Hidden Blade.

Cannot set dynamic linkage 'powClass' to a non-existent pick
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#1') near line 14

Also, when are we getting the rest of Path of War Expanded?

ShadowChemosh September 24th, 2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithosaurion (Post 234950)
I've been getting this error every time I try to make a Rogue Hidden Blade.

Cannot set dynamic linkage 'powClass' to a non-existent pick
Location: 'eval' script for Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#1') near line 14

Thanks for the bug report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mithosaurion (Post 234950)
Also, when are we getting the rest of Path of War Expanded?

Most likely once I get more help. With the shear size of the community Pack its not a "one" person job anymore. :(

chaoscowboy September 26th, 2016 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 234972)

Most likely once I get more help. With the shear size of the community Pack its not a "one" person job anymore. :(

I may be able to help, though I'm still learning and I'll need some help figuring out how to create things for path of war.

ShadowChemosh September 26th, 2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaoscowboy (Post 235120)
I may be able to help, though I'm still learning and I'll need some help figuring out how to create things for path of war.

This is where I sound like a jerk but I don't really have the time to "teach" either. :(

I am really sorry but that would eat up the little time I have currently. Allot of that spare time is spent making sure the Pack continues to load with each new Pathfinder release.

My idea is to start "small" Things like with feats or maneuvers first. As you get more comfortable with the editor work on reading through the code for PoW classes. All the source is available and can be seen so its not like the stuff LW does that is hidden in the background. :)

I have tried to make PoW easier to understand with new Editor Tabs changes I did a few versions back. But I admit it still requires a good working knowledge of HL. :(

mastratton September 26th, 2016 07:29 PM

Getting a bunch of errors on loading characters, all related to Shadow Chemosh adjustments. I have everything updated, but when I go into the character option to select sources, the User Content box is grayed out, and I can't select it (tells me I need a licnese.)? In the list of updates, I have Pathfinder Pack v1.4, but none of that stuff shows up in my options to enable.

ShadowChemosh September 26th, 2016 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastratton (Post 235137)
Getting a bunch of errors on loading characters, all related to Shadow Chemosh adjustments. I have everything updated, but when I go into the character option to select sources, the User Content box is grayed out, and I can't select it (tells me I need a licnese.)? In the list of updates, I have Pathfinder Pack v1.4, but none of that stuff shows up in my options to enable.

Check FAQ#8 see if it helps.

mastratton September 26th, 2016 07:55 PM

Edit:

Downloaded and installed again, and it worked. For some reason, it wasn't highlighted as an update.

Thanks!!!

cybersavant September 26th, 2016 08:13 PM

re: classes

Quote:

Originally Posted by blzbob (Post 234779)

Hi. I like the option for creating your own races, but don't know how to add in custom classes. I've looked at some of the faqs and stuff, but even trying to solve simple error codes has me stumped.

Is there a manual somewhere that actually provides code walk-throughs?

thanks

ShadowChemosh September 26th, 2016 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersavant (Post 235144)
Hi. I like the option for creating your own races, but don't know how to add in custom classes. I've looked at some of the faqs and stuff, but even trying to solve simple error codes has me stumped.

Is there a manual somewhere that actually provides code walk-throughs?

thanks

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab. :)

ShadowChemosh September 26th, 2016 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastratton (Post 235143)
Edit:

Downloaded and installed again, and it worked. For some reason, it wasn't highlighted as an update.

Thanks!!!

Sweet! :D

Dami September 27th, 2016 03:32 AM

Two languages in the Community Files haven't been sourced tagged.
They are:
lMHNepali - from COM_PackModern - Path Heroes.user
luIobarian - from COM_GMPack_AP_Bestiary - AP12 Reign of Winter

ShadowChemosh September 27th, 2016 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 235158)
Two languages in the Community Files haven't been sourced tagged.
They are:
lMHNepali - from COM_PackModern - Path Heroes.user
luIobarian - from COM_GMPack_AP_Bestiary - AP12 Reign of Winter

koesherbacon October 3rd, 2016 11:29 AM

Hello, I hope everyone is doing alright today. I was wondering if there's a way for me to make a Half-X-Half-Y race by combining two races. Is this possible? If not, how difficult would it be to include something like that whenever the Community Pack is next updated? If it would be difficult, then don't waste your time, but if it's something pretty simple, I think that could be a feature that people other than myself would probably find useful. Why should Humans be the only race that can procreate and make Half-Elves and Half-Orcs. We should be able to make Half-Elf-Half-Sylph, Half-Dwarf-Half-Kasatha, Half-Gnome-Half-um-Half-Elf (quarter-elf?), and so on.

Thanks!

(PS, in case you might be wondering, in my situation, I really would like to make a Half-Stryx-Half-Sylph since I think that would be a really interesting combination thematically)

Aaron October 3rd, 2016 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koesherbacon (Post 235542)
Hello, I hope everyone is doing alright today. I was wondering if there's a way for me to make a Half-X-Half-Y race by combining two races. Is this possible? If not, how difficult would it be to include something like that whenever the Community Pack is next updated? If it would be difficult, then don't waste your time, but if it's something pretty simple, I think that could be a feature that people other than myself would probably find useful. Why should Humans be the only race that can procreate and make Half-Elves and Half-Orcs. We should be able to make Half-Elf-Half-Sylph, Half-Dwarf-Half-Kasatha, Half-Gnome-Half-um-Half-Elf (quarter-elf?), and so on.

Thanks!

I think your best bet for stuff like that would be the ARG Race Creation system or the Custom Monster builder for the Bestiary.

koesherbacon October 3rd, 2016 02:25 PM

You're probably correct, and I have used both those in the past. I was unsure if there could be an easier way, sort of like a Gestalt for races instead of classes. Oh well, thanks for getting back to me

gmerrick October 4th, 2016 12:07 PM

I am getting an error message in HeroLab when loading Pathfinder:

syntax error in 'eval' script for Thing 'IFRSoutMag' (eval script '#1') on line 2 tag classes.inquisitor not defined

Can anyone tell me which module this might be or how to fix the error

So poking around a bit, it seems that the issue is the RavenX files somewhere. Removing them fixed the issue for me, but there is still a bug somewhere in that repo.

Silveras October 4th, 2016 04:35 PM

TobyFox took over the RavenX Forgotten Realms files some time ago. This sounds like one of the first bugs he fixed. You would need to update your file locations to use his hosted files instead of RavenX's files.

TobyFox2002 October 8th, 2016 11:03 PM

I've noticed a small issue with one of the Path of War adjustments.

the Initiator Adjustment doesn't seem to be altering the number of stances and maneuvers known. While I can get away with altering those manually it would be nice if this was handled by the adjustment internally.

Also, the description text for the adjustment seems to be the same as the description text for adding to the list of disciplines available to the class.

Ualaa October 13th, 2016 06:02 PM

Two requests for Ultimate Psionics.

Battle Transformation should be level 3, not level 4, for the Tactician.
Fear Cascade, the Telepath only power, should be on the Telepath list; it is somewhere within Hero Lab, since I can add it to the Psion's Class List via an adjustment.

I love the work you're putting into the Community Package.
Thank you for your efforts.

Amatyr October 16th, 2016 06:53 AM

Two small questions:

Any idea why on the iPad a Generic Tracker is shown as greyed out on the in play tab?

As well/alternately, any suggestions for better way to combine two custom Racial Sp abilities into a single 0/2 use tracker instead of two 0/1 use items?

Thanks

blzbob October 16th, 2016 07:20 AM

I don't think I ever sent you files for the Genius Guide to Domain Channeling. I completed it a long time ago. If you are interested in it, I can send it to you.

ShadowChemosh October 16th, 2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blzbob (Post 236266)
I don't think I ever sent you files for the Genius Guide to Domain Channeling. I completed it a long time ago. If you are interested in it, I can send it to you.

Sure that sounds great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatyr (Post 236264)
Any idea why on the iPad a Generic Tracker is shown as greyed out on the in play tab?

Not off the top of my head. If you email the .por file I can take a look. But there is very little difference on the iPad vs Desktop. You sure you didn't add the generic tracker adjustment?

Email is my forum user id (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatyr (Post 236264)
As well/alternately, any suggestions for better way to combine two custom Racial Sp abilities into a single 0/2 use tracker instead of two 0/1 use items?

Is this question for using the editor or trying to use adjustments? Using the editor it would be make a new Thing. For adjustments the best you could do is hide one of the Sp and then increase the number of uses on the other Sp.

ShadowChemosh October 16th, 2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TobyFox2002 (Post 235908)
I've noticed a small issue with one of the Path of War adjustments.

the Initiator Adjustment doesn't seem to be altering the number of stances and maneuvers known. While I can get away with altering those manually it would be nice if this was handled by the adjustment internally.

Also, the description text for the adjustment seems to be the same as the description text for adding to the list of disciplines available to the class.

Fixed the text thanks. Why would increasing IL give you maneuvers or stances? If you increase a magic users caster level they do not gain additional spells known. Unless there is a reference in the book I missed this is working as designed.

ShadowChemosh October 16th, 2016 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 236153)
Two requests for Ultimate Psionics.

Battle Transformation should be level 3, not level 4, for the Tactician.
Fear Cascade, the Telepath only power, should be on the Telepath list; it is somewhere within Hero Lab, since I can add it to the Psion's Class List via an adjustment.

I love the work you're putting into the Community Package.
Thank you for your efforts.

Thanks for the bug reports.

Amatyr October 16th, 2016 12:31 PM

Firstly, I was wrong and it's greyed out on iPad and desktop so that wasn't a difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 236268)
You sure you didn't add the generic tracker adjustment?

I've made it work by adding the Generic Tracker adjustment with 0 uses and a name to add the object, then using Ability: Uses/Period modification to add 2 uses to the Tracker. That stops it being grey.

Quote:

For adjustments the best you could do is hide one of the Sp and then increase the number of uses on the other Sp.
That's what I thought to do initially, but I can't see a way to modify # uses for a Racial Ability?

ShadowChemosh October 16th, 2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amatyr (Post 236277)
That's what I thought to do initially, but I can't see a way to modify # uses for a Racial Ability?

There is not a specific "Race vs Class" ability adjustment. Instead HL sees Race and Class special Abilities as just "Ability: Uses/Period". Give that try.