Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   What changes/enhancements would you like to see? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13330)

Gumbytie June 18th, 2014 05:09 PM

Well I'll be d*mned it certainly is.

We might want to update the Common Code examples to mention that. It isn't very clear upon re-reading. If we are used to making Gear separators (which are not dynamic) there would be no reason to suspect that Vehicles are not quite the same :)

I have been away for quite awhile after a dead computer mishap and finally getting back to coding and updating my user files, hence all the new activity from me...

zarlor June 18th, 2014 06:20 PM

It's not clear in that thread because I didn't know! I also just assumed it was like gear (I've just learned this stuff from playing around, too, I'm not LWD staff let alone an HL coding guru like Mathias.) I'll update it to mention that, though.

Gumbytie June 18th, 2014 06:27 PM

No worries Zarlor. It was a learning night for both of us mate :)

I will say that while I can 'add' any additional vehicle type (cool), only Aircraft seems to inherit the 'Climb' tag. I have a mention about Acc/Top Speed/Climb in the Bugs thread.

Since I made up a Spacecraft type, it doesn't reflect 'Climb' field value. Seems to me, all three should be made available to all vehicle types, and if they are not necessary, leaving them blank would keep them hidden, or something to that affect.

If I was doing an underwater type campaign, I might want 'Climb' to be tracked for fast moving submersibles.

thequestingvole August 7th, 2014 12:29 PM

I'm a relatively new Herolab user. I picked up the Savage World build and thought it was excellent, really top notch. Frankly I'm not entirely sure how I ever got by without it. These may be stupid questions - or things that are already built into the program, but if they aren't, they are things I would like to see.

Would it be possible to add a unit builder for Savage Worlds Showdown?
Would it be possible to rig the monsters so that they can be printed as a small tight stat block? Rather than something that is the size of a regular character sheet? I used to hand write my monsters onto business cards for ease of reference. I found trying to flip through sheets of A4 a bit difficult.

With my hand written monsters I generally put them in card sleeves - the ability to print a bunch of them quickly would be very useful.

ledeir August 7th, 2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thequestingvole (Post 189697)
Would it be possible to rig the monsters so that they can be printed as a small tight stat block? Rather than something that is the size of a regular character sheet?

I second this request! I printed up my "bosses" but all the grunts were copied by hand to notecards.

zarlor August 7th, 2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thequestingvole (Post 189697)
Would it be possible to rig the monsters so that they can be printed as a small tight stat block? Rather than something that is the size of a regular character sheet? I used to hand write my monsters onto business cards for ease of reference.

There are some alternate output formats. What about File -> Output Hero Statblock?

Or File -> Save Custom Output... and maybe selecting Simple Statblock?

Any of those work for what you're looking for?

Myridden August 10th, 2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zarlor (Post 151306)
Per Mathias' suggestion I'd like to request fixed-race minions, which he says "What that will allow is that you can add a bootstrap of the race to the <minion> entry - currently, you can add that bootstrap, but it will generate lots of errors, and it'll still offer you a choice of races along the top (which allows you to get to the unexpected state of having two races on the same character, which could have all sorts of unforeseen consequences)"

Also I'd like to request that an "Ally Helper" tab (compset="Ally") be added to the editor, so that we have a place to create new items like mscFamiliar.

+1 :) In my case I'm looking to set a specific creature type with a bootstrapped ally from an edge.

EricaOdd August 12th, 2014 02:31 PM

In the SPC, I'd like to see a generic +/- modifier to power costs, at least up to +/-4.

Some GMs and settings add homebrewed or otherwise new modifiers not in the books, and I'd like to see a way to reflect those modifiers in the point costs.

zarlor August 12th, 2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricaOdd (Post 190149)
In the SPC, I'd like to see a generic +/- modifier to power costs, at least up to +/-4.

Some GMs and settings add homebrewed or otherwise new modifiers not in the books, and I'd like to see a way to reflect those modifiers in the point costs.

+1 there, too. I've also just run into this and doing it in the Editor can be pretty hefty to work on because of having to go to each power to allow that modifier on it.

CapedCrusader August 13th, 2014 06:20 PM

z, I would think that most Mower Modifiers added would only apply to a Power or two. It's only an issue if you want to add it all Powers. And there are ways around that ::grin::.
That's what the Editor is for, after all. Adding homebrew stuff.
As far as a Generic Modifier, I'll see what I can do.