Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Hero Labs and RDP (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=64002)

asvaldson March 5th, 2020 05:40 PM

Hero Labs and RDP

Hello, I was trying to run Hero Labs through a remote desktop session. I wanted to use my chromebook instead of my laptop (I have a license on both laptop and my windows 10 pro desktop) It messed up the key files and I had to reactivate on my desktop. Is that supposed to happen, and if so, is there something similar I can use that won't cause that.

charlieluce March 5th, 2020 05:53 PM

The first thing would be to double-check that you activated the desktop and laptop with different license numbers, because that can cause the need to reactivate and it's an easy accident to happen.

Dami March 5th, 2020 10:55 PM

Chromebook, laptop AND desktop? That's three different computers, and you only have two licenses by the sound of it. You can transfer a license from one system to another.
Take a look at this thread
As charlieluce says, make sure you check which license you use for each system.

Farling March 6th, 2020 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 286712)
Chromebook, laptop AND desktop? That's three different computers, and you only have two licenses by the sound of it. You can transfer a license from one system to another.
Take a look at this thread
As charlieluce says, make sure you check which license you use for each system.

The Chromebook is merely being used as a remote desktop client, so displaying what is happening on the desktop machine. Thus HLC is still running on the desktop machine.

asvaldson March 8th, 2020 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 286714)
The Chromebook is merely being used as a remote desktop client, so displaying what is happening on the desktop machine. Thus HLC is still running on the desktop machine.

Exactly. I have it on the laptop and desktop, two different licenses. However I wanted to access my desktop from a chromebook through remote desktop client. No problem. But when I tried to open hero labs, it acted like I opened it on a new machine. not the existing deskto...... wait. I upgraded from Windows 10 Home TO professional right before that.... That's gonna screw with the license. I'm going to go check on that.

asvaldson March 8th, 2020 04:20 PM

I was right. Sorry for bothering everyone. I tried it again since I've reactivated my Desktop license for Windows 10 Pro, and I can now open HL from within the remote desktop.

Dami March 8th, 2020 08:35 PM

Sorry for the misunderstanding, and its great that you found the problem!

Phrll March 9th, 2020 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asvaldson (Post 286802)
I was right. Sorry for bothering everyone. I tried it again since I've reactivated my Desktop license for Windows 10 Pro, and I can now open HL from within the remote desktop.

Just a heads-up, some of the Windows 10 updates (not patches but the once or twice a year "feature" updates) may cause HLC to think it's on a new computer and has to be reactivated. It's happened to me twice.