Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Extended Character Sheets (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45759)

CapedCrusader March 26th, 2018 01:06 PM

All of the stuff I am familiar with wraps to the next page... The portal ID is oProperty, if that helps.

zarlor March 27th, 2018 05:08 AM

Well I had to change the id from "oProperty" (or "o"Anything) to "zProperty" because there was a conflict with the basic sheets on names. I did notice that on the sheet2 file that "zAbility" wasn't on the list of spillover to a 2nd page, if needed, although zProperty was, so maybe that's all that's needed to fix this? If so I've updated the file used in the first post above if you want to download and try and see if that fixes the issue.

ravengode March 27th, 2018 07:50 PM

Thank you so much for looking into this. However that did not fix the problem. I know the abilities are getting output to that section on the regular sheet. I get about the first three abilities on the extended sheet, out of the six or seven. The others just disappear instead of wrapping to the top of the second column, like Edges do on the regular sheet.

ravengode March 27th, 2018 08:30 PM

Ok I fixed it. Your sheet_extended2 file was missing the Abilities on lines 512 and 516,

<position><![CDATA[
~hide and show appropriate portals for creatures and non-creatures
if (hero.tagis[Hero.Creature] = 0) then
portal[zCreature].visible = 0
else
portal[zEdge].visible = 0
portal[zAbility].visible = 0
endif

~position the various tables in the desired sequence
perform portal[zProperty].autoplace
perform portal[zAbility].autoplace
perform portal[zEdge].autoplace
perform portal[zHindrance].autoplace
perform portal[zCreature].autoplace
perform portal[zDrawback].autoplace
perform portal[zSPAttack].autoplace
perform portal[zPersonal].autoplace
perform portal[zPower].autoplace
perform portal[zSPPower].autoplace
perform portal[zMagicArmr].autoplace
perform portal[oArmor].autoplace
perform portal[zMagicWeap].autoplace
perform portal[zWeapon].autoplace
perform portal[zMagicItem].autoplace
perform portal[zGear].autoplace

CapedCrusader March 27th, 2018 09:49 PM

Out of curiosity, why are you using Abilities instead of Properties? Abilities are really supposed to be for creatures.

zarlor March 28th, 2018 05:24 AM

Ok, thanks. I've updated the sheets with that. I also changed the line for:
Code:

else
endif

to include zAbility in the first part as well, since Creatures can have abilities too, after all, as CC pointed out (in fact it's the preferred method for Creatures whereas Properties should be used for Characters).

So that now looks like:
Code:

else
endif

ravengode March 28th, 2018 07:52 AM

Weirdly enough that change actually prevents the abilities from showing on the second page. I just deleted line 509 (portal[zAbility].visible = 0, before the else) and it worked again.

zarlor March 28th, 2018 08:28 AM

Oh, I think that's because I read it wrong. visible=0 would mean to hide it, not make it visible, so the first part says if the hero is NOT a creature (=0) then hide Creature attributes (and, accidentally in this case, Abilities) otherwise hide Edges and Abilities. So I should probably yank the line from both of those to make it work correctly. Duh. So I updated to do that.

marroon69 May 28th, 2018 11:01 AM

Did Something happen to this set of sheets? I swear it use to display all the text from the edges. It seems to only display one line? I pulled in the file from the dropbox again this morning just to verify

zarlor May 28th, 2018 01:43 PM

I'll try to look over them again tomorrow to test and see if I can figure it out.