Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Mac Version of Hero Lab Keeps Crashing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63308)

Hendel October 8th, 2019 05:33 AM

Mac Version of Hero Lab Keeps Crashing

Has anyone else had an issue with the Mac version of Hero Lab crashing frequently?

I have a Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hero Lab is running version 8.9

I am going along and all of a sudden it closes and the error prompt for it to reopen shows up and of course any non-saved work is lost.

I hope this is just a glitch as it just started happening over the last week or so, but it has almost always happened on my iPad. I really hope it is not a result of Lone Wolf focusing on Hero Lab Online versus the classic version.

Thanks!

Tekwych October 8th, 2019 08:18 AM

I have no issues but I am in Shadowrun not Pathfinder. I do have have the base PF system but very few add ons. I have all of Shadowrun loaded.

DaveM October 8th, 2019 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendel (Post 283012)
Has anyone else had an issue with the Mac version of Hero Lab crashing frequently?

I have a Macbook Pro running macOS Mojave 10.14.6

Hero Lab is running version 8.9

I am going along and all of a sudden it closes and the error prompt for it to reopen shows up and of course any non-saved work is lost.

I hope this is just a glitch as it just started happening over the last week or so, but it has almost always happened on my iPad. I really hope it is not a result of Lone Wolf focusing on Hero Lab Online versus the classic version.

Thanks!

Hi Hendel,

I am currently working on some known issues with the new version of the Mac build and hope to have some fixes out soon. Your description may match some existing reports we have gotten - are the crashes typically on a specific screen? Notably the "Personal" tab in Pathfinder is known to have some issues. If not, I'd definitely like to know more details!

Ryan F October 8th, 2019 09:20 AM

Hey all,

As Dave noted, if you can get any and all information collected in regard to these problems and send us an email to <support@wolflair.com> that would help us out immensely as it affords us a much better and consolidated space to review the information on the bug in question over reports made on the forums.

Thanks!

Hendel October 8th, 2019 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveM (Post 283016)
Hi Hendel,

I am currently working on some known issues with the new version of the Mac build and hope to have some fixes out soon. Your description may match some existing reports we have gotten - are the crashes typically on a specific screen? Notably the "Personal" tab in Pathfinder is known to have some issues. If not, I'd definitely like to know more details!

I will send an email to support, but it usually seems to be when I am accessing one of the various drop down or selection menus, such as for an archetype, deity, weapon, armor, etc.

Thank you!

The GIT! October 14th, 2019 11:17 AM

I am having the same problem with HeroLab. It has no bearing what system I am using because it crashes as soon as I acknowledge the first splash screen.

How about offering a rollback to the previous version while the problem is being investigated?

Azhrei October 16th, 2019 11:18 AM

+1

This is the last app that's holding me back from upgrading to Catalina. I've got a couple other 32-bit apps that I'm going to leave behind (and not look back), but I can't move forward without HLC. (The iPad app is good, but it's missing things, like a summary of prices for gear and the ability to create/use equipment sets. It's fine for in-game use, but...)

NeoEvaX October 16th, 2019 02:14 PM

I too am having this issue. Though not with the 64 bit beta version.

It crashes on the first screen as soon as I click "OK".

I sent in an email along with a crash report. Happy to do whatever testing needed. Just wanted to post here as well.

mototom October 21st, 2019 02:06 PM

I'm also seeing crashing. I can't get past the splash screen at startup. New install of Hero Lab, running 10.14.6.

Is the non-64-bit build still available for download as a temporary fix for those of us using a machine that's not updated to Catalina?

mototom October 21st, 2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mototom (Post 283273)
Is the non-64-bit build still available for download as a temporary fix for those of us using a machine that's not updated to Catalina?

Never mind. I need to move a license to this computer, and apparently I can't do that without using the latest version. Ugh. No Hero Lab for tonight's game, I guess.