Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Android apps that can open portfolios? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61888)

mattig89ch December 29th, 2018 03:48 AM

Android apps that can open portfolios?

Hello all,

First and foremost, I'm well aware that Hero Labs only supports IOS devices.

Getting that out of the way, I wanted to ask if anyone knew of any android apps capable of opening D&D character portfolios? I've seen a few apps that can open pathfinder characters, just not D&D 5E characters.

Or do I need to resort to a PDF for my tablet/phone?

Duggan December 29th, 2018 09:59 AM

Are you talking about Hero Lab Classic portfolios, or Hero Lab Online?

If the former, there was a utility available at one point, but because so much of the display is dependent on the system, it had to be built for individual systems (and, in my experience, tended to be very unstable). There's also the XML inside of the portfolio that you could export and display, or the HTML version of the sheet. Actually creating something you could manipulate is a possible goal. Creating something that follows the rules of the system would require you to rewrite the system.

mattig89ch December 29th, 2018 10:11 AM

Yea, but creating something like that is very beyond me. I really hated programming when I was in college, and I'd rather not go back to it if I could help it.

I could also print my character sheet to a PDF, and take that with me. But I was hoping for something a little more high tech (if that makes any sense).

Also, I'm using the desktop app, so I'm guessing that's the classing portfolio?

Duggan December 29th, 2018 11:16 AM

That is the classic version. What functionality are you looking for? Just read-only access?

mattig89ch December 29th, 2018 11:19 AM

Yep, though a dice roller, and able to temporarily change stats would be nice. All I actually need, is it to display my character sheet with their abilities.

Philderbeast December 30th, 2018 06:34 AM

I have an free app on the play store that can show you the stat block for any system

I have recently started on an updated version with more features by I have no eta on it at this stage

A search for hero lab should bring it up

mattig89ch December 30th, 2018 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philderbeast (Post 274489)
I have an free app on the play store that can show you the stat block for any system

I have recently started on an updated version with more features by I have no eta on it at this stage

A search for hero lab should bring it up

I found an app that opens pathfinder portfolios, that costs 2 bucks. But when you first open it, it says that its known that 5e portfolios have issues.

Is that your app?

Dami December 30th, 2018 06:37 PM

His app is "Hero Lab Character Sheet" - it has 'The Philderbeast' as author. It gives you a copy of the Stat block, but not an actual character sheet.

tkarn December 31st, 2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philderbeast (Post 274489)

Oh, good news to hear you are working for more features. I love your app, i use a system i programmed my own and so i can read the stats. I will wait for the update.
What features do you want to release?

Philderbeast January 2nd, 2019 08:40 PM

the plan is for DND5e and pathfinder character sheets, from there I'm not sure what will come next, probably resource and hp tracking, we will see how i go with it