Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Exalted 3rd Ed? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56867)

Seeker1728 October 28th, 2016 02:37 PM

Exalted 3rd Ed?

Was curious if there is any near future likelihood of HL having Exalted 3E data pack? Was debating picking up the WoD core, but I have zero interest in their IP tragic modern monster line, but have become a huge fan of Exalted and their upcoming release of Scion, all of which follow the Storypath core ruleset. Anyone with any insight care to comment on the state of affairs between Onyx and LW?

RavenX June 23rd, 2017 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seeker1728 (Post 236904)
Was curious if there is any near future likelihood of HL having Exalted 3E data pack? Was debating picking up the WoD core, but I have zero interest in their IP tragic modern monster line, but have become a huge fan of Exalted and their upcoming release of Scion, all of which follow the Storypath core ruleset. Anyone with any insight care to comment on the state of affairs between Onyx and LW?

Paradox Interactive currently owns White Wolf and all its IPs. Onyx Path Publishing is just the old writing crew that CCP Games fired after buying out the company from them. They still write new content, but now Paradox Interactive has to sign off on it. The World of Darkness files have had no support since the CCP buyout occurred, so unless Paradox decides to renew licensing you probably won't see support for Exalted outside of fan made projects.

I have a 2nd edition data file in the works and am still hammering out much of the necessary functionality in it. It is an unofficial data file, however. I still have a lot of work to do on it before it is finished.

RavenX July 7th, 2017 04:34 AM

I now have a functional Exalted 2e datafile. Advancements were hammered out last night and are now finished. I just have to get data entry done on the files.

Mumblewump August 29th, 2017 06:22 AM

RavenX, this is great news. Is there an easy way to be notified when it's all ready?

RavenX August 30th, 2017 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumblewump (Post 254927)
RavenX, this is great news. Is there an easy way to be notified when it's all ready?

I will be posting on the forums here. I'm currently on Wicked Graceful Masques.
In addition to the Core Rulebook, I have the Manuals of Exalted Power done for Lunars, Abyssals, Dragon Blooded, Infernals, and Sidereals. Though I expect the Alchemicals will take at least a week or so on its own due to the additional mechanics I have to rig up for it. Graceful Wicked Masques has been quite a lot of work on its own. The Alchemicals is the last of the Manuals of Exalted Power I have to do. The majority of the data for the Books of Sorcery are done as well, though not the stock portfolios. Those will take awhile. I also have to go through everything and make sure its consistent with the Scroll of Errata as well.