Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Augment Critical (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53235)

Zorikune June 23rd, 2015 03:58 AM

Augment Critical

Hello everyone, new to the forums here, but not to the program or its editor. :)

I have a question about implementing this into hero lab. I have been putting in druid animal companions like dinosaurs, dire animals, and other companions, and the one I'm currently having a bit of trouble is the dire animal, rhinocerous from Fiend Folio as I cannot figure out how to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon. Is there a way to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon, or a script that can be put into the Augment Critical that would do so. I have already made the Augment Critical into the special to show what it does now I just have to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Sendric June 23rd, 2015 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorikune (Post 211352)
Hello everyone, new to the forums here, but not to the program or its editor. :)

I have a question about implementing this into hero lab. I have been putting in druid animal companions like dinosaurs, dire animals, and other companions, and the one I'm currently having a bit of trouble is the dire animal, rhinocerous from Fiend Folio as I cannot figure out how to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon. Is there a way to change the crit range and multiplier on the natural weapon, or a script that can be put into the Augment Critical that would do so. I have already made the Augment Critical into the special to show what it does now I just have to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

The Critical hit range is handled by a tag. If you add Keen or Imp Crit to a weapon is automatically doubles the range, but obviously don't both work at the same time. So, for this, I would recommend something like this:

Code:

perform hero.childfound[wGore].delete[wCritMin.20]
perform hero.childfound[wGore].assign[wCritMin.19]

This should force the critical range to 19-20, which would then be doubled by the Imp Crit feat to 17-20. You may have to play around with the timing.

Incidentally, I am currently in the process of adding monster races to the community set. If you have anything you'd like to add, it would be greatly appreciated.

Zorikune June 23rd, 2015 09:42 AM

Thank you Sendric! Yea I've been adding all the companions for druid and finished with the ones from Stormwrack, Sandstorm, and Fiend Folio. Now adding the ones from MM2 and will go from there. After its done I can send it to you. :)

Sendric June 23rd, 2015 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorikune (Post 211367)
Thank you Sendric! Yea I've been adding all the companions for druid and finished with the ones from Stormwrack, Sandstorm, and Fiend Folio. Now adding the ones from MM2 and will go from there. After its done I can send it to you. :)

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Zorikune June 23rd, 2015 02:42 PM

I don't know what to say about Monster Manual 2 or its Accessory Update, but when it comes to the skill points for it, alot of it just doesn't match what either say when it shows on hero lab. I still have all the monsters from MM2 on here after using the accessory 3.5 update, just when it comes to skill points, don't expect it to match to what the book and 3.5 accessory update says. Anyways, on to MM3 lol. :)

ShadowChemosh June 23rd, 2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorikune (Post 211388)
I don't know what to say about Monster Manual 2 or its Accessory Update, but when it comes to the skill points for it, alot of it just doesn't match what either say when it shows on hero lab. I still have all the monsters from MM2 on here after using the accessory 3.5 update, just when it comes to skill points, don't expect it to match what to what the book and 3.5 accessory update says. Anyways, on to MM3 lol. :)

This is pretty true for many games not just 3.5. Shadowrun and Pathfinder have this issue where statblocks are oven WAY wrong. Too many feats, too much attack bonus, wrong damage, too many or two few skill points...

Its not surprising at all actually. :)

Zorikune June 23rd, 2015 02:53 PM

Quote:

This is pretty true for many games not just 3.5. Shadowrun and Pathfinder have this issue where statblocks are oven WAY wrong. Too many feats, too much attack bonus, wrong damage, too many or two few skill points...

Its not surprising at all actually. :)
True on that.

Zorikune June 24th, 2015 03:14 PM

Finished. I'm going to enjoy all the druid animal companions I can pick from. Hope you got my message with the attachment Sendric. :)

Sendric June 25th, 2015 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorikune (Post 211487)
Finished. I'm going to enjoy all the druid animal companions I can pick from. Hope you got my message with the attachment Sendric. :)

I got your message, but the attachment didn't work. Feel free to email me at sendric [at] gmail [dot] com.

Zorikune June 25th, 2015 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 211517)
I got your message, but the attachment didn't work. Feel free to email me at sendric [at] gmail [dot] com.

Alright I've sent it to your email. Tell me what you think and if you have questions, feel free to ask me. :)