Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Bulk tag editing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59004)

frumple August 19th, 2017 08:59 AM

Bulk tag editing

Is there an easy way to select a whole section of articles and edit their tags all at once? Right now it seems I have to edit each one individually, which is s...l...o...w...

I imported a bunch of spells using Farling's CSV import tool. Now I want to select all the spells and tag them with common tags and remove extraneous tags added by the import process.

Come to think of it, along those lines is there a way to edit my RW realm outside of the RW? (Like how you can edit your own data files for HL in a text editor when working with the raw XML).

Farling August 19th, 2017 10:37 AM

You could do a search using the "import tag" that was produced during the import. I think there is an option to then apply a tag to all topics in the current view.

kbs666 August 19th, 2017 10:39 AM

Adding/removing tags is easy.

Create a view, add the spells to it, press F6 or select the hammer and wrench icon for View options, bulk tagging.

frumple August 19th, 2017 11:39 AM

Ah thanks. One small thing though. When I try to bulk remove the Import tag does not show up on the list of tags I can remove even though it is on each article. :/

kbs666 August 19th, 2017 12:24 PM

import tags cannot be removed at this time.

goldscarab June 24th, 2019 07:45 PM

is there a way to filter so that I can bulk tags all items of a particular category
for example: i have a category of Tavern/Inn and I would like to set the goods and services for all of these category items at once - when I used the existing feature, I get a combination of taverns with "tavern" in the name field, and any other category with "tavern" in any field in the record - not exactly what I want for bulk tagging...

kbs666 June 25th, 2019 05:23 AM

At present no.

Lj Stephens June 28th, 2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goldscarab (Post 279910)
is there a way to filter so that I can bulk tags all items of a particular category
for example: i have a category of Tavern/Inn and I would like to set the goods and services for all of these category items at once - when I used the existing feature, I get a combination of taverns with "tavern" in the name field, and any other category with "tavern" in any field in the record - not exactly what I want for bulk tagging...

Goldscarab - This is not currently possible using the options and settings available in Realm Works. Please send an email to <support@wolflair.com> so we can get the idea documented for consideration as a feature request.

goldscarab August 22nd, 2019 04:16 PM

wilco - I will do that next week