Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Other uses for Realm Works (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=37035)

Mad Hamish February 4th, 2013 04:59 AM

Other uses for Realm Works

So apart from organizing RPG campaign worlds does anybody have any other ideas for things to do with Realm Works?

I'm considering using it as a way to actually organize ideas I have for writing, anybody got more off the wall ideas than that?

morkalg February 4th, 2013 01:43 PM

I actually used some writing tools to organize campaign ideas before RW came along and so I think I "naturally" use RW like that. Once it's all official and more stable I thought about using it for exactly that.

RW's development team, this program has a HUGE amount of potential in that arena so once you get it released for gaming maybe you should market it to authors as well. Realm Works has so much potential and the cloud services could be great for automatic backups for our stories and give us the ability to access our writing anywhere we happen to be.

Just a thought. Good question Mad Hamish!!!

kristof65 February 5th, 2013 03:00 PM

Well, besides having three different RPG campaign worlds I'm wanting to be managed with RW, I'm counting on it being able to help with the world building aspects of a couple of other projects, like the setting for a series of novellas/short stories, and the setting for a miniatures wargame. If it can handle my RPG campaigns to the level I'm hoping, doing those two things will be cakewalk.

If I'm really lucky, the timeline feature might be a good way to clean up some of the gaping plotholes I put into my last NaNoWriMo novel by allowing me to actually track who knew what when.

Fox Lee February 15th, 2013 04:53 PM

I'm testing out RealmWorks for planning a video game. It's a Fire-Emblem style tactical RPG, which means the content is divided into very discreet blocks, and it struck me that RW was rather well-suited to such an object-oriented structure.

As it stands it's kind of a waste of RW's features - a lot of the setup involved deleting things that are established in the default :p - but it certainly has some benefits you can't get with a word processor or a simple database or even novel-planning software.

Precisi February 17th, 2013 06:25 PM

I'm using it for a very writing-heavy online text-based/story-driven RP game I play. (and a couple tabletop games) It's proving to be extremely flexible for my needs since the online game is not a conventional campaign-style setup at all.

poizen37 February 19th, 2013 11:43 AM

There's a game store I go to that wants to use it to keep track of their in-house [insert well-known miniatures game] campaigns