Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   iPad User File Question (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=44551)

lortondm June 9th, 2013 09:23 AM

iPad User File Question

I've installed various third party data pages from the www.shadowsoftware.net etc link. (They're still given me problems in terms of some things and error messages that pop up occasionally in the iPad app that aren't fully worked out. But I'll keep experimenting and awaiting new iPad updates, etc.)

But I also have my own user file I've created. I know how to export and make that work in the iPad app. But I've noticed that after I add things to my user files, and I need to re-export that to the iPad to get the updates, I see in the desktop full version of the program -- Game Folder: Select Files button that a whole bunch of user files are there. Usually I've been hitting the Select None button that pops up after that. I then go and select my own user file and create only an export of that.

So my question is whether if I left the second export screen at the default of selecting everything and created an export (hl) file of everything and then brought that into the iPad that would obviate having to have separately installed various packages on the iPad separately like Community Bestiary. In other words, would a comprehensive hl export file just send me everything?

Curious, thanks, as it seems like fewer moving parts might avoid Murphy's Law better.

ShadowChemosh June 9th, 2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lortondm (Post 159279)
I've installed various third party data pages from the www.shadowsoftware.net etc link. (They're still given me problems in terms of some things and error messages that pop up occasionally in the iPad app that aren't fully worked out. But I'll keep experimenting and awaiting new iPad updates, etc.)

It was found that some of the Community Packages dont' play nice on the iPad even though they will on the desktop version. This is mostly my bad as when I was discussing the iPad stuff with Colen from LW I didn't make it clear how I was using the .1st files in the community stuff. I know bad Shadow! Feel free to join the club and send me a nasty gram about it. :(

Anyways LW is working on a fix that is coming out sometime in the future that will solve this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lortondm (Post 159279)
So my question is whether if I left the second export screen at the default of selecting everything and created an export (hl) file of everything and then brought that into the iPad that would obviate having to have separately installed various packages on the iPad separately like Community Bestiary. In other words, would a comprehensive hl export file just send me everything?

This would be BAD! Do NOT do this!

What you can do instead is create a package with ALL the .user files to include your stuff and the community stuff but NOT including the stuff from LW. You do this by going to "Tools->Select Only .user files". Then you could package up all the Custom created stuff into a single package and put that on the iPad. Remove any community/custom packages first from the iPad so you end up with only a single package.

So yes that will also solve the issue of the .1st files not playing together nicely.

lortondm June 15th, 2013 11:21 AM

Thanks

Thanks, Shadow. No, I would never send you a nasty gram. All you've been is helpful. Things take a while for bugs to get worked out as to anything newly developed like the iPad app. So I'll be patient.