Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Will there be a Pathfinder Unchained update? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=52732)

ronaldsf April 15th, 2015 09:52 AM

Will there be a Pathfinder Unchained update?

First of all, thanks for the ongoing support you provide to this excellent tool. :)

I got my PDF yesterday of Pathfinder Unchained, and a lot of the options in there, including the alternate versions of rogue and monk, are pretty nifty. When might HL support this, and how?

Thanks in advance!

Aaron April 15th, 2015 10:40 AM

The PDF is on sale to the general public on April 29th according to what I see on their website. We'll do our monthly release around then, and it will include Pathfinder Unchained material. I've already got monk and rogue working (currently futzing with implementing the new Eidolon rework), but I am not sure about the progress on other sections of the book. I am optimistic we'll be able to get things like the alternate class advancement and so on done in time, but as always can't promise everything will be complete if some unforseen speedbump should strike.

Like alternate rules from Ultimate Combat (wounds and vigor, piecemeal armor, etc), the optional stuff will be toggled on or off as a source which is part of PU.

ShadowChemosh April 15th, 2015 04:26 PM

@Aaron I am excited to see how you implement some of these Varient rules as I am hopeful that I can repurpose some of them. I mean why start from scratch when I can copy something. :)

AndrewD2 April 15th, 2015 05:38 PM

Yeah and some are going to be doozies.

charlieluce April 15th, 2015 05:39 PM

Judging by the online discussion I've read so far, getting everything from Unchained into Hero Lab is going to be quite a project! There seems to be something for almost everyone's tastes in the book, and I expect our local DMs to be interested in the Hero Lab support.

Villadelfia April 15th, 2015 11:15 PM

How will the new classes be referenced? Will they be replacing the standard ones or will they be added as "Unchained Monk" or something like that?

Aaron April 16th, 2015 04:27 AM

Separate classes, so you'll still be able to use the older ones if you prefer.

Villadelfia April 16th, 2015 06:35 AM

I assumed as much, but thanks for the confirmation.

ShadowChemosh April 16th, 2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 207423)
Separate classes, so you'll still be able to use the older ones if you prefer.

How are you doing the Variant Multiclassing? Is that just going to use an Archetype or something new?

AndrewD2 April 16th, 2015 11:24 AM

I'd archetypes would work, but a new component with fields and scripts to automatically adjust the levels of the abilities (for example when it's character level - 4) and having a field you can just put the -4 on the ability and it would figure that would be nice.

Although now that I think about that the field and the scripting would best be done on class abilities instead of the new component.