Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   End Times Rules to be Added? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50447)

EdSteiner September 2nd, 2014 07:35 PM

Well got my mitts on the book too and have read it, it adds allot of new stuff all of which can be coded to enforce the rules option the user will select. However, the issue of is this the new norm or just a fad... Well enough on that rant from the other websites, you know whom and where they are, not really germane to this forum thank goodness. So I think the route I will go is create a new ruleset one that allow the Undead Legion to be selected at the new army comp values. and also at the same time allow any other army to be selected using the same updated comp values.

However now to the point the book does list several unique special characters, for other armies besides Undead Legions,
Valten, Crom and their language says can be included in a WoC army (or Empire for Valten) should I limit them to only be allowed if you are using the new ruleset or should be available to their respective armies in say a normal game of Warhammer?

Yobtar September 3rd, 2014 06:17 PM

think they should be included for the new ruleset only

Ehsteve September 4th, 2014 04:14 AM

End Times should be added as a separate rules type (adding 50% Lords/Heroes allowance).

Undead Legions is entirely different from the End Times in the book and should be added a new army for general play (not opt-in like Chaos Dwarfs in WoC). I don't know how the Tomb King and Vampire Counts units are going to be coded (whether just copy paste from both data files or from scratch) but their Undead rules must be consistent with each other, which could present some problems with the Lore of Nehekara and Lore of Vampires with all of their references.

EdSteiner September 4th, 2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ehsteve (Post 192160)
End Times should be added as a separate rules type (adding 50% Lords/Heroes allowance).

Undead Legions is entirely different from the End Times in the book and should be added a new army for general play (not opt-in like Chaos Dwarfs in WoC). I don't know how the Tomb King and Vampire Counts units are going to be coded (whether just copy paste from both data files or from scratch) but their Undead rules must be consistent with each other, which could present some problems with the Lore of Nehekara and Lore of Vampires with all of their references.

DL 2.80 to see how the rule will change the comp values. Undead Legions are not in to allow for the 30 day embargo but it will allow others to start to build thier non-undead legion rosters using the new matrix.

squalie September 28th, 2014 07:41 PM

I noticed that Morghasts are in the VC file. Could they/should they be added into the Tomb King file?