Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Skavenbrew (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12636)

Grey Seer March 16th, 2011 07:03 AM

Skavenbrew

The description for Skavenbrew is incorrect. It does not affect characters (but does affect champions). As well, the effect needs to be updated: 1 D6 str. 3 hits, no armour save, 2-3 Hatred, 4-5 Frenzy, 6 Rabid.

I know there is a reported bug with the Rat Ogre units. I note that a unit of Rat Orgres should not be able to have both a Masterbred and a Master Moulder.

Yobtar March 16th, 2011 05:53 PM

I will fix the Skavenbrew error but could you please direct me to where it states that you cannot have a Master Bred and a Master Moulder in the same unit?

Time of Madness March 16th, 2011 08:49 PM

You are allowed to have both in the same unit (believe it states that in the skaven FAQ).

The only 2 units in the game with more then 1 champion type model are Rat Ogres and Slayers.
Time of Madness

Grey Seer March 17th, 2011 07:27 AM

oops

When I print a hard copy, the Skavenbrew description is accurate. Sorry.

In terms of the second issue, the Skaven FAQ states:

Q. A Master Moulder counts as a champion in all respects, so it has
to be placed in its unit's front rank, right? (p104)
A. Yes.
Q. Is a Master-bred Rat Ogre a unit champion ? (p104)
A. Yes.

The main rules state that units can only have one champion. I could not find a FAQ that states Rat Orges are an exception.

UltraPrime March 17th, 2011 08:42 AM

I thought I'd see if I could bring some light to this. Grey Seer is correct, there is no FAQ entry that specifically states you can have both. So I delved further. There is no rule (that I can find, at least) that states you can only have one champion. The army lists themselves state you may include one champion for xxpts, however the Rat Ogre entry does this for both a Master-bred Rat Ogre AND a Master-Moulder. Therefore, I see no reason why you cannot have both.

Yobtar March 17th, 2011 06:13 PM

I still changed the description of Skavenbrew to match the wording in the book more accurately (namely character usage). I will be sending it off to Ultra soon for inclusion in next update.

Time of Madness March 18th, 2011 11:31 AM

You can have both. Check out the dwarf faq under slayers. Only rat ogres and slayers can have more then one champion.
Time of Madness

Grey Seer March 19th, 2011 12:44 PM

I could not find the reference in the Dwarf FAQ. However, I accept I was wrong as I could not find anything in the main rules. Sorry.

Yobtar March 19th, 2011 04:35 PM

Hey no problem. Better to report a suspected bug than to ignore it and let it go.
Knowledge is power.
Nuff said. Thanks for the report!