Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works in Action (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Tags - Setting Scope & Mechanics (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59033)

Asandir August 23rd, 2017 06:04 PM

Tags - Setting Scope & Mechanics

As the title says, the questions pertain to tags. I've noticed for the free content that is available, Isle of Kandril, We Be Goblins, Streets of Zobeck, they use the Setting Scope tag and then list the title of the book that was built in RW.

Questions:
1) How many people are using tags and the Setting Scope tag?
2) If you are just creating mechanics content, are you using the Setting Scope for the mechanics as well, or are you using another tag or tag type or custom tag types?

I can see using the Setting Scope if you have mechanics that are part of the setting document.

Thanks.

Asandir

Parody August 23rd, 2017 07:30 PM

I haven't used the Setting or Story Scope tags at all; they came in with the Content Sharing Guidelines, and I have no content to share yet. :)

If I were to use them, however, I'd have the Setting Scope tag be the name of the campaign setting or the campaign setting product, falling back to the adventure setting/setting product if it has one. If it has no related setting then don't use the tag.

Looking at our four examples, I might have used these for the Setting Scopes:

Product - Setting Scope Tag
Isle of Kandril - Isle of Kandril (or None)
Pixies on Parade - None
Streets of Zobeck - Midgard Campaign Setting
We Be Goblins! - Pathfinder Campaign Setting

It's only important once you release a second import from the same setting, as it gives you and the Realm GM a way to tie them together.

Farling August 23rd, 2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 254651)
Looking at our four examples, I might have used these for the Setting Scopes:

Product - Setting Scope Tag
Isle of Kandril - Isle of Kandril (or None)
Pixies on Parade - None
Streets of Zobeck - Midgard Campaign Setting
We Be Goblins! - Pathfinder Campaign Setting

I would put the pathfinder campaign under a tag of Golarion, being the name of the setting rather than the game system :-)

Parody August 24th, 2017 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 254656)
I would put the pathfinder campaign under a tag of Golarion, being the name of the setting rather than the game system :-)

Golarion is the name of the main planet, but as officially as I can tell the name of the setting is Pathfinder Campaign Setting. That's the name of the product line that includes the original Pathfinder Chronicles Campaign Setting book as well as the current Inner Sea World Guide.

I agree that it's not the best name given that other settings use the same ruleset, but that's Paizo's prerogative.

Asandir September 15th, 2017 12:31 PM

Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.