Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   (Drop Dead Studios) Spheres of Power: Official Support Thread (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55344)

Rokku February 7th, 2019 04:04 PM

I have installed all the Handbook files and am now getting multiple errors. This appears to have also broken all third party Pathfinder files I was using, as the Community Pack no longer appears available.

Here's a screencap of the error messages: https://i.imgur.com/eGpK6jd.jpg

I've also noticed that HeroLab doesn't seem to recognize a lot of sources of "free talents" when I was using just the core Spheres book and Expanded Options - it didn't want to give me the two for making a spherecaster or the extra talents from the human favored class bonus.

WhiteUnggoy February 7th, 2019 04:35 PM

I'm not sure how up to date the OBS/Paizo .hl files are, given that LWD puts out updates fairly often. I had some similar errors after doing a fresh install, but when I went through adding all the dropbox links for updates, and then updated each file individually, that solved it. So I'd give that a try, if you haven't already. (And based on the errors you posted, I'd start with the Diviner's Handbook specifically.)

TheIronGolem February 7th, 2019 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteUnggoy (Post 275622)
I'm not sure how up to date the OBS/Paizo .hl files are, given that LWD puts out updates fairly often. I had some similar errors after doing a fresh install, but when I went through adding all the dropbox links for updates, and then updated each file individually, that solved it. So I'd give that a try, if you haven't already. (And based on the errors you posted, I'd start with the Diviner's Handbook specifically.)

This is pretty much the same advice I was about to give. Those errors are from an older version of the Diviner's Handbook that expects certain content from the Destroyer's Handbook to be present and breaks if it isn't. Updating to the latest version fixes that dependency.

If you don't know how to set up a package to receive updates, there's a readme included in each .zip file you downloaded that gives step-by-step directions. That will ensure you stay current with any new bug fixes or feature updates I put out. Feel free to DM me if you need any help with the setup!

I realize this process is cumbersome when you have a lot of handbooks, and it's only going to get more so when SoM comes out and I resume work on more sphere handbooks. I'm trying to come up with a more streamlined process to take some of the pain out of that process in the future.

TheIronGolem February 11th, 2019 05:42 PM

I wanted to stop by and give an update to everyone wondering how Spheres of Might is coming.

The biggest parts of SoM are done. I've finished the mechanics governing combat spheres, the actual spheres and talents, the base classes (plus their archetypes), and the archetypes for non-SoM classes. I've also got all of the new weapons and equipment items that are referenced by the Equipment Sphere.

I'm about to start on feats and traits. After that I still need to do alternate race and favored class options, magic items and item powers, and monster talents/traditions (I would have done those before but I hadn't noticed them until recently). Plus there are some bugs that need squashing, and probably more that haven't turned up yet. I estimate this to be about another month of work. That is NOT a promise that SoM will be finished, let alone available, a month from now. But it's my current best estimate.

Also, there is a bit of bad news I'm going to be up-front about: Technician Inventions are not going to be implemented in the initial release. It's a huge subsystem that will take weeks of work to implement properly, a lot like Shapeshift effects were in SoP. I was hoping to launch with that system because it's exactly the kind of fiddly, paperwork-heavy thing you want Hero Lab to track for you. But the time it will take would just add more delays to a project I'm already aggravated with myself for taking so long to finish, and so I'm going to have to save that feature for a post-release enhancement.

Thanks for your patience, everyone. And Technician players - I promise you're going to get your toys eventually.

Lord Magus February 16th, 2019 05:35 AM

Thanks for the update!

catman123456 February 21st, 2019 08:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg Me right now.

Ualaa February 22nd, 2019 04:46 AM

Awesome news.

One of my players is asking about the Sage, which I assume will be later than Might, as it is in Champion of the Spheres, as opposed to the main book. Another player wants to be a Conscript and another a Sentinel.

Atlanticgamer March 14th, 2019 10:17 AM

*Cheers for TheIronGolem with paper fans and confetti* You can do it :3

TheIronGolem March 17th, 2019 11:50 AM

1.33 update for SoP is out now. This is mainly a compatibility update to make Spheres of Power play nice with Spheres of Might. The two packages are going to share some files designed to enable the two packages to work independently or together.

As for Might, I'm handing it off to DDS today. I will update the thread when download links are available.

Ualaa March 17th, 2019 04:44 PM

Awesome!