Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh September 11th, 2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 270399)
I'm getting the following error when I check for Community updates:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uGe...ew?usp=sharing

I can't see whatever your sharing... :(

I did test download using HL for the community pack and it worked for me. You can also try opening the updates URL in a browser (click HERE). To see if your browser displays the raw XML data. If a browser can and HL can't then that sometimes points to a firewall or antivirus blocking access.

Krothos September 11th, 2018 11:53 AM

I was successful downloading the update on my desktop and iPad. This is on my laptop. I was hoping you might be familiar with the error....

(try the link again, forgot it add sharing properties, derp!)

Minous September 11th, 2018 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 270401)
I was successful downloading the update on my desktop and iPad. This is on my laptop. I was hoping you might be familiar with the error....

Would much rather you uploaded it as an attachment, not everyone has access to google drive.

ShadowChemosh September 11th, 2018 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 270401)

Ok yeah I can see the image now....

I am sorry that specific error is not one I have seen before. :(

Can only say if only one computer has the issue its usually in Windows Firewall or Defender software. Something is causing the data to be corrupted or changed from my server to HL.

On that laptop you tried to open the URL link in a web browser? That sometimes shows more info or causes the effecting software to pop a message.

Krothos September 11th, 2018 01:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good point, though thought anyone with the direct link would be able to view it even without Google. Added as attachment.

Zaknaefin September 11th, 2018 05:53 PM

Shadow, can we get a version of the "Natural Weapon STR Multiplier Override" standard adjustment that can be applied to non-natural weapons?

In this case, the reason would be so that the damage is correct (only 100% Str mod) when a monk or brawler flurries with a quarterstaff.

Minous September 11th, 2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 270412)
Good point, though thought anyone with the direct link would be able to view it even without Google. Added as attachment.

Actually anyone who may have a filtered connection (School, work) may have google apps blocked for security reasons.

It looks like it might be a proxy/internet cache issue.

Azhrei September 12th, 2018 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 270433)
It looks like it might be a proxy/internet cache issue.

I agree. It appears that the proxy isn't allowing the connection and is sending back an HTML error page.

If he attempts to open the URL on the laptop in question (as Shadow suggested), he'll see the error instead of the XML, and that will tell him the problem. Now it's up to him to report what the results of that are...

Krothos September 12th, 2018 09:25 PM

Sorry didn't rely sooner. This was happening on my laptop and I usually don't take it home to try on my home network, until tonight. You were all correct that is must have been a proxy-blocking issue. The updated downloaded and completed successfully on my home network. Thanks everyone for adding their thoughts on this issue. :)

ShadowChemosh September 13th, 2018 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaknaefin (Post 270432)
Shadow, can we get a version of the "Natural Weapon STR Multiplier Override" standard adjustment that can be applied to non-natural weapons?

In this case, the reason would be so that the damage is correct (only 100% Str mod) when a monk or brawler flurries with a quarterstaff.

I can add a note to try and add one. Its not as easy as normal weapons don't have easy tags to apply (like natural attacks) to prevent the 1.5x Str damage. :(

billy.hewlett September 22nd, 2018 03:20 PM

I have some requests/bug reports for the Art of War package, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum.

1) The Stalker archetype "Soul Hunter", the feature Soulburning says "Stalker arts that utilize deadly strikes use soulburning instead". However if you take Soul Hunter it won't let you take Stalker talents that use deadly strikes

2) The feat Advanced Study has the requirement: "4th level or higher in a martial disciple class (a class that has the maneuvers readied class feature)", however a Rogue with the Hidden Blade archetype cannot take this feat despite the fact that she has maneuvers readied class features.

3) There's no way to switch to getting the Steel Serpent discipline, either through a faction or the Unorthodox Method trait.

Thank you very much, this package is amazing.

Krothos September 25th, 2018 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Mythic template adding 8 hit points instead of 10. Created a Half-Orc Bloodrager, which has d10 for hit points. Added a Mythic template and it's only adding 8 hit points.

I've attached the .por file to review.

cebadec October 3rd, 2018 10:19 AM

Question about requests

There are 160+ pages spanning years, I apologize if this has been put here before, but I was curious if requests are allowed for the community packs to include sources. I don't have the skill for programming otherwise I'd do it myself.

If requests are allowed, is there any chance to get the Purple Duck Games materials added in (specifically Kineticists of Porphyra and Legendary Kineticist content)?

If this has been addressed previously (both the aspect of requesting sources and the actual source I requested) then I apologize. Thank you for your time.

-Cebadec

Dwayne October 6th, 2018 01:52 PM

Would it be possible to add the ability to add the archetype for the unchained classes for printing? This broke a few years ago. Frustrating that the archetype will not appear on print copies.

Aldaron October 6th, 2018 05:12 PM

Eeek! Editor just failed a save vs death...

1 Attachment(s)
Never mind...after I restarted and reloaded the Encounter Builder library, the problem seems to have disappeared...

ShadowChemosh October 8th, 2018 03:12 PM

Sorry all I just noticed these posts. For some reason the forum never marked this thread as having new posts in it. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy.hewlett (Post 270776)
I have some requests/bug reports for the Art of War package, I apologize if this is not the appropriate forum.

1) The Stalker archetype "Soul Hunter", the feature Soulburning says "Stalker arts that utilize deadly strikes use soulburning instead". However if you take Soul Hunter it won't let you take Stalker talents that use deadly strikes

2) The feat Advanced Study has the requirement: "4th level or higher in a martial disciple class (a class that has the maneuvers readied class feature)", however a Rogue with the Hidden Blade archetype cannot take this feat despite the fact that she has maneuvers readied class features.

3) There's no way to switch to getting the Steel Serpent discipline, either through a faction or the Unorthodox Method trait.

Thank you very much, this package is amazing.

Thank you for the bug reports. Yeah Path of War has fallen behind but I hope to start looking at some of the bugs soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 270865)
Mythic template adding 8 hit points instead of 10. Created a Half-Orc Bloodrager, which has d10 for hit points. Added a Mythic template and it's only adding 8 hit points.

I've attached the .por file to review.

Thank you for the bug report. I will look into this soon I hope.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cebadec (Post 271222)
There are 160+ pages spanning years, I apologize if this has been put here before, but I was curious if requests are allowed for the community packs to include sources. I don't have the skill for programming otherwise I'd do it myself.

If requests are allowed, is there any chance to get the Purple Duck Games materials added in (specifically Kineticists of Porphyra and Legendary Kineticist content)?

If this has been addressed previously (both the aspect of requesting sources and the actual source I requested) then I apologize. Thank you for your time.

-Cebadec

Well as its just myself now working on PF1 stuff I have to say no. I still have to much to finish with the existing books and really don't have time to add new books at this point sorry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwayne (Post 271333)
Would it be possible to add the ability to add the archetype for the unchained classes for printing? This broke a few years ago. Frustrating that the archetype will not appear on print copies.

I am sorry I am not following what you mean here. Can you provide some examples or steps to duplicate the issue please.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aldaron (Post 271339)
Never mind...after I restarted and reloaded the Encounter Builder library, the problem seems to have disappeared...

This is a base bug in HL itself (specifically in the Binary part). Its been getting worse over the years and I hope any day now for a fix. :)

Dwayne October 8th, 2018 03:58 PM

Hope this helps. If you have an unchained Monk, Rogue or Barbarian and you also have an archetype the archetype will not appear on the print out like it does for the regular Monk, Rogue, or Barbarian. A regular Barbarian who has the archetype of Invulnerable Rager will have the archetype appear at the top with his class but the exact same character who is an unchained Barbarian will not have the archetype appear.
An easy way to see this is to make a character who is an unchained class with an archetype and then just change it to the regular class with an archetype.

marikunin October 9th, 2018 02:19 PM

Um I have a single request if possible...the Joy Mystery from Jon Blazer Enterprises for Oracle...I keep trying to add it using the editor but it doesn't work...if you can't add it in I understand.

Minous October 27th, 2018 07:48 AM

Shadow, looks like the pS2fPowerA isn't working on basic stat-block outputs

Meatpuppet November 8th, 2018 05:30 AM

Hey there ShadowChemosh,

Just installed the Pathfinder Community Pack.

Looks cool.

Could you (or someone who knows) tell me what exactly is in "ShadowChemosh’s Gaming Addon" (Adjustments, Archetypes & Classes, Equipment, Feats) ?

What happens when I enable them? Are they collected houserules?

Thanks

ShadowChemosh November 8th, 2018 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 272108)
Shadow, looks like the pS2fPowerA isn't working on basic stat-block outputs

I will take a look but most likely can't fix this. The adjustment was made for regular player character sheets and the statblocks work on their own logic. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meatpuppet (Post 272438)
Could you (or someone who knows) tell me what exactly is in "ShadowChemosh’s Gaming Addon" (Adjustments, Archetypes & Classes, Equipment, Feats) ?

What happens when I enable them? Are they collected houserules?

Once turned on you will have MORE options to add to your character. Nothing will be done automatically with out you adding it. The most useful part of this is the Adjustments as you will get dozens of new adjustments on the Adjust tab to let you change almost every part of your character. These are useful for groups with house rules or making your character easier to use. In example one adjustment forces everything to print to your character sheet which is nice for DM's to know all the traits, feats, items, FCB your character has and normally left off the sheet.

Other areas provides common feats/gear that groups have asked for over the years. In example with Equipment is some nice gold pieces that you can add that allows for easier transfer of gold/silver between .por files. Some of the common material components like diamond dust shows up.

For feats I have added ones like "Improved Weapon Finesse" that lets you get Dex to damage which is a common houserule.

The archetypes let you do strange things to classes like say your group allows Monks to use Cha instead of Wis. You can add the "ability score" Archetype for monks and select "Cha" and it changes everything from Wis to Cha.

Hope that helps...

Dwayne November 10th, 2018 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwayne (Post 271333)

This has been fixed with the latest update.

Silveras November 11th, 2018 08:21 AM

This is a weird one, and may be more of a bug in HeroLab itself.

I was using the Editor to create a monster race (Jigsaw Shark from PF58). All was well until I hit "Test Now", and a series of error messages appeared, all related to the Community Packs it appears (posted below).

If I exit HeroLab and re-start, it compiles just fine, and I can use the new race with no issues. But... "Test Now" seems to always break. As does "Switch Game System" on the main window's File menu.

This issue appeared as of today. The latest Pathfinder update is loaded, and it appears that the latest Pack is as well (v1.19)

Error Messages

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 81) - Tag Group 'mDescript' - Referenced tag group 'sDescript' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 91) - Tag Group 'mLevel' - Referenced tag group 'sLevel' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 129) - Tag Group 'mSave' - Referenced tag group 'sSave' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 204) - Tag Group 'PWActNRG' - Referenced tag group 'PriElement' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 92) - Tag Group 'PathSkill' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 147) - Tag Group 'PsicrystID' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'DamAbil' - Referenced tag group 'AttrDamage' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 88) - Tag Group 'wBite' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 98) - Tag Group 'wClaw' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 104) - Tag Group 'wConstrict' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 110) - Tag Group 'wGore' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 116) - Tag Group 'wHooves' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 122) - Tag Group 'wRake' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 128) - Tag Group 'wRend' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 134) - Tag Group 'wSlam' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 140) - Tag Group 'wTailSlap' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 146) - Tag Group 'wTalon' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'wTentacle' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 158) - Tag Group 'wTrample' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 164) - Tag Group 'wWing' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 170) - Tag Group 'wManSpike' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 252) - Tag Group 'PolyImmune' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 257) - Tag Group 'PolyResist' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 262) - Tag Group 'PolyVulner' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 81) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Helper' not defined
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 82) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'ProductId' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 29) - Field 'mDC' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 42) - Field 'mIL' - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 53) - Field 'mIM' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 98) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Usage' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 99) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecType' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 104) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 114) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'PreLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 245) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Init Setup') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 276) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Calc IL') - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 306) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 365) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 407) - Component 'PWDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 18) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 19) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 20) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 21) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 23) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 32) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 51) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 91) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 139) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 140) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 141) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 142) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined

ShadowChemosh November 11th, 2018 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 272547)

I was using the Editor to create a monster race (Jigsaw Shark from PF58). All was well until I hit "Test Now", and a series of error messages appeared, all related to the Community Packs it appears (posted below).

I get this reported here or in separate threads at least once a month. It has nothing to do with the community pack. It’s a memory bug in Test Now it appears. If you didn’t have the community pack installed it would still happen just with an error about the language.hlz file.

It’s a memory bug that has been around for years and its getting worse... Dave has tracked down where he thinks the issue is and hopefully in one of the next binary releases the issue will be fixed. :)

The ONLY way to get around this is to Exit HL and restart it. Then you can once again use Test Now! for X number of times until it appears again.

Meatpuppet November 12th, 2018 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 272445)

Hope that helps...

Yes tremendously thanks

One small question:

We don't use nonlethal damage in my game (we use the D&D 5e approach: on a killing blow you may elect to knock the creature out instead). The big difference here is nonlethal weapons do half the damage they used to (ex: 1d3 hp nonlethal to 1 hp lethal for Unarmed strike and 1d6 nonlethal to 1d3 lethal for a Sap).

Is there a way to simply implement this in HL with one of your wonderful adjustment or must I use the dreaded editor ;)?

RadJames November 20th, 2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 272547)

If I exit HeroLab and re-start, it compiles just fine, and I can use the new race with no issues. But... "Test Now" seems to always break. As does "Switch Game System" on the main window's File menu.

This issue appeared as of today. The latest Pathfinder update is loaded, and it appears that the latest Pack is as well (v1.19)

Error Messages

Hero Lab was forced to stop compilation after the following errors were detected:

File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 81) - Tag Group 'mDescript' - Referenced tag group 'sDescript' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 91) - Tag Group 'mLevel' - Referenced tag group 'sLevel' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 129) - Tag Group 'mSave' - Referenced tag group 'sSave' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Tags.1st (line 204) - Tag Group 'PWActNRG' - Referenced tag group 'PriElement' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 92) - Tag Group 'PathSkill' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Tags.1st (line 147) - Tag Group 'PsicrystID' - Referenced tag group 'ClassSkill' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'DamAbil' - Referenced tag group 'AttrDamage' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 88) - Tag Group 'wBite' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 98) - Tag Group 'wClaw' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 104) - Tag Group 'wConstrict' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 110) - Tag Group 'wGore' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 116) - Tag Group 'wHooves' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 122) - Tag Group 'wRake' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 128) - Tag Group 'wRend' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 134) - Tag Group 'wSlam' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 140) - Tag Group 'wTailSlap' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 146) - Tag Group 'wTalon' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 152) - Tag Group 'wTentacle' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 158) - Tag Group 'wTrample' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 164) - Tag Group 'wWing' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 170) - Tag Group 'wManSpike' - Referenced tag group 'wMain' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 252) - Tag Group 'PolyImmune' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 257) - Tag Group 'PolyResist' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_BasicPack_ShadowChemosh - Tags.1st (line 262) - Tag Group 'PolyVulner' - Referenced tag group 'BloodEner' does not exist
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 81) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Helper' not defined
File: COM_1PathfinderPack - Components.str (line 82) - Component 'S2GenAry' (dynamic tag) - Group 'ProductId' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 29) - Field 'mDC' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 42) - Field 'mIL' - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 53) - Field 'mIM' - Non-existent phase id 'PostAttr' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 98) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Usage' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 99) - Component 'PWManuever' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecType' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 104) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 114) - Component 'PWManuever' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'PreLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 245) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Init Setup') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 276) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script 'PoW Calc IL') - Non-existent phase id 'PostLevel' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 306) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 365) - Component 'PWManList' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_PathOfWar - Components.str (line 407) - Component 'PWDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 18) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 19) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 20) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 21) - Component 'PUDisc' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 23) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#1') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 32) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#2') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 51) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#3') - Non-existent phase id 'First' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 91) - Component 'PUDisc' (Eval Script '#4') - Non-existent phase id 'Final' specified
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 139) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'abCategory' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 140) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'HasAbility' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 141) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'Ability' not defined
File: COM_3PPPack_UltimatePsionics - Components.str (line 142) - Component 'PUPsyPath' (dynamic tag) - Group 'SpecSource' not defined

I am also having this same problem, have you had any luck?

ShadowChemosh November 20th, 2018 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadJames (Post 272937)
I am also having this same problem, have you had any luck?

See my post right after his.... :D :)

wdmartin January 20th, 2019 12:03 PM

Came here to report the same bug as RadJames two posts ago! Hope this gets fixed soon, it's a pain, as it happens every second or third compile cycle.

Farling January 20th, 2019 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wdmartin (Post 275088)
Came here to report the same bug as RadJames two posts ago! Hope this gets fixed soon, it's a pain, as it happens every second or third compile cycle.

See post 2 posts earlier than RadJames.

Ualaa January 24th, 2019 04:51 AM

I'm pretty sure the developers are aware of that issue, but it's probably a devious gremlin with a lot of experience at evading the bug squashers, so has been part of HL for a long time now.

As Shadow suggested, restart HL any time the gremlin takes in interest in what you're doing. The restart has a built in lullaby like quality, and it soothes the gremlin into a peaceful sleep, at least for a time.

Azhrei January 24th, 2019 12:39 PM

And honestly, they probably consider it a low priority bug. The app still works for most users and even when it fails, there's a workaround (even if it is kind of annoying).

Given that the issue seems to always be the same ("tag group ... doesn't exist"), one would think that some extra debugging added to the creation of tag groups would be able to find it. But I've thought that about bugs in my own code and yet it's still tough to nail down, so...

Nightfox January 26th, 2019 04:50 PM

DSP Ultimate Psionics bug?
I was trying to set up an encounter with some Intellect Devourers (psionic) [rIntelDevo] from the DSP Ultimate Psionics. After adding them, I am getting a validation error
"Activate Energy Type: You must choose an option"
with the a red Background tab, but there does not appear to be anything to pick.

A second, easily solved issue is with the psi-like abilities.
Body Adjustment [puBodAdj2] needs to Charges [3] and Usage period [/day] updated.

Ualaa January 28th, 2019 03:36 PM

If you go to the "In-Play" tab, you can set your active energy type there.
The same deal, if you pick a Half-Dragon template; the selector is on the In-Play tab.

Almos February 10th, 2019 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 272548)
I get this reported here or in separate threads at least once a month. It has nothing to do with the community pack. It’s a memory bug in Test Now it appears. If you didn’t have the community pack installed it would still happen just with an error about the language.hlz file.

It’s a memory bug that has been around for years and its getting worse... Dave has tracked down where he thinks the issue is and hopefully in one of the next binary releases the issue will be fixed. :)

The ONLY way to get around this is to Exit HL and restart it. Then you can once again use Test Now! for X number of times until it appears again.

This doesn't solve the issue for me at all. Any time I try to compile any custom files, I get this error.

Azhrei February 10th, 2019 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almos (Post 275669)
This doesn't solve the issue for me at all. Any time I try to compile any custom files, I get this error.

Then report it as a bug to the HL folks. support-at-wolflair.com

ShadowChemosh February 10th, 2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almos (Post 275669)

If its every time I think your getting a different error. Please right click and copy the error your getting and paste it into this thread.

Almos February 10th, 2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhrei (Post 275681)
Then report it as a bug to the HL folks. support-at-wolflair.com

Actually, after restarting and retrying enough times, it actually worked.

Azhrei February 11th, 2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almos (Post 275685)
Actually, after restarting and retrying enough times, it actually worked.

It's still a bug. I hope you report it.

cebadec March 10th, 2019 09:08 AM

So here is what I assume is an extremely basic question (if I'm in the wrong area please correct me), I've gotten permission to make an Aegis from my GM and since Powerstones are like Scrolls he has given me permission to have some embedded in the astral suit as well as being able to have more "on hand" in a bag, provided I pay the equivalent gold costs. I can't seem to find any Items for the "Powerstones" anywhere outside of the "Astral Suit" tab once I enable the "Powerstone Repository" customization. However it gives me the red error if I select more than I am supposed to (in terms of being able to embed in the suit). Is there items (similar to scrolls) already made and I just don't know how to find them? or is this something that I will have to attempt to "code" myself?

Thanks in advance.

Dami March 10th, 2019 01:21 PM

@cebadec - Since the Aegis and powerstones are from Dreamscarred Press products, this would be better addressed to Paizo or DP. They aren't a community product.
That said, you could assume the "red error" stones are the ones you haven't assigned to the suit. Otherwise, you could buy a custom item, assign the cost and name it accordingly in either Gear/Magic Items. Making a basic "powerstone" in the editor and having a field to name it should be pretty easy too.