Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

Eilserves June 19th, 2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 251614)
I had special logic running for the class because of the way the class changes BAB. Then LW made changes over the last year to how weapons/BAB work so could be a conflict going on.

Will have to look into this. Don't know off the top of my head...

I've actually identified it after I posted this last night. Before the recent released I had been trying to figure out a lot of this on my own anyway, and Deadly Strikes was one of the things I couldn't get my head around, but the special BAB effect was another, so I poked through the scripts to see what you did.

This still could be the result of their changes, but I noticed you have the script for the improved BAB on the base class, and also had it on the semi-hidden "Fighting Style (Unarmed)". As a test I removed the script from the Fighting Style (Unarmed) entry, and with either Unfettered Kata or Fighting Style with an appropriate weapon training selected (such as Monk, Natural, etc) it properly gets the BAB increase, so that script in the Fighting Style (Unarmed) has been rendered unneeded by something.

The script below is still needed, but, again as a test, I moved it directly to Unfettered Kata entry, and removed the bootstrap for "Fighting Style (Unarmed), and Unarmed Strike is properly getting the extra BAB entries.
Code:

~ Set weapon proficency to the hero &
      perform hero.pushtags[WepProf.?]

~ Set Talented Monk Attack Bonus tag to our Unarmed Strike
      perform hero.childfound[wUnarmed].assign[wSpecial.RGTalMnkAB]

Style Master is my current Mt. Everest.

Quintain June 19th, 2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 251436)
The HaveSpell feature needs to be modified to take into account classes that use spell lists defined by other classes (e.g Arcanist -> Sorcerer/Wizard).

Ok, having looked at the HaveSpell validation procedure, I think it "does too much" --

My understanding

1) A string with the spell id is passed to the procedure,
2) the stringid is prepended with "thingid." for each spellid in the string itself (if there are multiples.
3) The string containing the thingid.spellid value(s) are parsed to create a "sClass.Classid" value(s) for each spell
4) The hero is then checked to see if one of the class values exists.

#4 is where the Hybrid Classes from the Advanced Class Guide are going to have problems, as they can have spells from different class lists than their own (e.g Arcanist).
Moreover, it doesn't actually check to see if the hero knows the spell, but check to see if it is on the class list. This seems to be contrary to what "HaveSpell" means -- the procedure should be "OnSpellList" or something similar.

However, I don't think this class check of the spell (steps 3 and 4 above) are even needed. If a hero has a particular spell, the thingid.spellid value should exist and we simply need to search for that value.

Example: Arcanist with all levels of Summon monster has thingid.spSummMon1 on the hero. However, what he doesn't have is thingid.cHelpWiz.

Unless I'm missing something (and granted, I usually am), we should be able to do is look through the list of "thingid.spSummMon1|thingid.spSummMon2|thingid.spS ummMon3|thingid.spSummMon4|thingid.spSummMon5|thin gid.spSummMon6|thingid.spSummMon7|thingid.spSummMo n8|thingid.spSummMon9" to determine if the spell is known to the hero.

Is there somewhere I am going wrong here?

Zaknaefin June 20th, 2017 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 251378)
Ok got me on that one as no such adjustment exists. You would need to use a penalty to damage adjustment and set the counter to be equal to 1/2 the Str modifier.

That's what I did. :)

However, the issue is that with this character his Strength changes constantly from buffs (Mutagen, Enlarge Person, Bull's Strength, etc.), so I need to constantly update the damage adjustment penalty (and do the math correctly).

Is this an adjustment you could add to the Community Pack?

Aaron June 20th, 2017 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 251626)
Ok, having looked at the HaveSpell validation procedure, I think it "does too much" --

My understanding

1) A string with the spell id is passed to the procedure,
2) the stringid is prepended with "thingid." for each spellid in the string itself (if there are multiples.
3) The string containing the thingid.spellid value(s) are parsed to create a "sClass.Classid" value(s) for each spell
4) The hero is then checked to see if one of the class values exists.

#4 is where the Hybrid Classes from the Advanced Class Guide are going to have problems, as they can have spells from different class lists than their own (e.g Arcanist).
Moreover, it doesn't actually check to see if the hero knows the spell, but check to see if it is on the class list. This seems to be contrary to what "HaveSpell" means -- the procedure should be "OnSpellList" or something similar.

However, I don't think this class check of the spell (steps 3 and 4 above) are even needed. If a hero has a particular spell, the thingid.spellid value should exist and we simply need to search for that value.

Example: Arcanist with all levels of Summon monster has thingid.spSummMon1 on the hero. However, what he doesn't have is thingid.cHelpWiz.

Unless I'm missing something (and granted, I usually am), we should be able to do is look through the list of "thingid.spSummMon1|thingid.spSummMon2|thingid.spS ummMon3|thingid.spSummMon4|thingid.spSummMon5|thin gid.spSummMon6|thingid.spSummMon7|thingid.spSummMo n8|thingid.spSummMon9" to determine if the spell is known to the hero.

Is there somewhere I am going wrong here?

I think where you're going astray is for classes which know a large spell list but don't necessarily have a pick for each spell they know. Chiefly clerics, paladins, rangers, etc. A "summon monster 2" prereq should be satisfied by a cleric of sufficient level, but your proposal would mean it would only satisfy if the person in question selected summon monster 2 for the memorized spells today.

Quintain June 20th, 2017 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 251646)
I think where you're going astray is for classes which know a large spell list but don't necessarily have a pick for each spell they know. Chiefly clerics, paladins, rangers, etc. A "summon monster 2" prereq should be satisfied by a cleric of sufficient level, but your proposal would mean it would only satisfy if the person in question selected summon monster 2 for the memorized spells today.

Ok, fair enough. Divine casters having access to their entire spell list, that will still need to happen.

However, there still isn't a way to check for a class that has a spell list that is different than the class id values.

Aaron June 20th, 2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quintain (Post 251648)
Ok, fair enough. Divine casters having access to their entire spell list, that will still need to happen.

However, there still isn't a way to check for a class that has a spell list that is different than the class id values.

I gave this kind of thing a shot myself about a year ago. Believe me, it's a huge pain in the tuchus. I ended up having to shelve what progress I had made and move on to other things.

Eilserves June 20th, 2017 02:26 PM

Style Master has made some progress. I could not get it to work by putting the script into the class ability, even changing perform linkage[varies] to perform linkage[table]. Instead I put a modified version of the Master of Many Styles script into the class.
Post-Levels/20000/4
Code:

~ We can only add style feats if we possess the previous ones in the
      ~ chain. Thus we can't grant them all without regard to all prereq (or
      ~ it'd be possible to skip to the end), and so we have to generate the
      ~ options for bonus feats here.

~ New and improved handling of the Master of Many Styles:
      ~ Previously, the Master of Many Styles was handled by a long list
      ~ of if statements that added fInclude tags if the character had a specific feat.
      ~ This was a big mess and hard to maintain and debug.
      ~ This new version uses tag to handle it in an automated way that should be
      ~ a lot less trouble to debug and maintain.
      ~ What it does is loop through the monk bonus feats on the character and pull the
      ~ fMoMSNext tags to the archetype as fInclude tags. It then pushes them to the
      ~ monk class to be used in the normal bonus feat tag experession mechanism.

~First, loop through our feats and pull the fMoMSNext tags here as fInclude feats
      foreach pick in hero from BaseFeat where "fMoMSNext.?"
        perform eachpick.pulltags[fMoMSNext.?,fIncTert]
        nexteach

~ Push the tags for the unlocked feats to the linked class
      perform linkage[varies].pushtags[fIncTert.?]

~ Some style feat chains break the normal rules for Master of Many Styles
      ~ Elemental fist, for example, is required before you can take Djinn Style,
      ~ Efreet Style, Marid Style, or Shaitan style. We handle that here.
      ~ This also applies to cases where all the feats in a chain are marked as
      ~ style feats, but Master of Many Styles still requires that the feats in
      ~ the chain be taken in order. For example, the Perfect Style feats from
      ~ Inner Sea Combat

var tagexpr as string

~ Our search expression is built on feats we don't have, that have
      ~ fMoMSPrecl tags
      tagexpr = "!(" & hero.tagids[HasFeat.?, " | "] & ") & fMoMSPrecl.?"

~ Search for feats we don't have that unlock other feats
      foreach thing in BaseFeat where tagexpr

~Pull their tags here as fExclude tags
        perform eachthing.pulltags[fMoMSPrecl.?,fExcTert]
        nexteach

~ Push the tags for the forbidden feats to the linked class
      perform linkage[varies].pushtags[fExcTert.?]

~ If this hero has access to the Weapon Master's Handbook, then we need to
      ~ add some warning text to our bonus feats because:
      ~ "Class features that allow a character to ignore the prerequisites of
      ~ feats when selecting them (such as the master of many styles monk
      ~ archetype’s bonus feat ability) can’t ignore the racial trait
      ~ prerequisites of a racial style feat."
      linkage[varies].field[cBonFtTxt].text = "Racial Style feats cannot ignore the pre-reqs of racial traits."

For some reason if I include the "doneif (islinkage[varies] = 0)" part it doesn't work, implying it's not a "linkage[varies]" function, but the "perform linkage[varies]" works.

I also had to add a tag "Helper TBonFtNoPr" to the class. However, this isn't quite right as it allows Djinni style and others that require Elemental Fist even with the talent, without having Elemental Fist. It's also not adding the text regarding racial traits.

There are some feat chains that aren't working yet, I presume because they don't have the fMoMSNext tags, but I can make copies of the feats and include that tag in the copies to fix that part.

Climbing Everest, but not quite to the summit yet, as the missing Racial Traits text and the Elemental Fist requirements are still eluding me, but progress has been made. :)

Eilserves June 20th, 2017 02:51 PM

Correction - Elemental Fist requirement does seem to be working. So that's another step closer to the summit. :)

ShadowChemosh June 20th, 2017 02:51 PM

@Eilserves please don't post "editor/scripting" stuff to this thread. You started your own thread HERE and it makes more sense to keep it all together instead of posting half a conversation here and the other half in another thread. :(

This thread is for general questions and issues with the Pack. Editor/scripting questions is better separated to their own threads.

@Aaron & @Quintain this applies to you guys also. Please keep pure scripting/editing stuff to there own threads.

Thanks! :)

Cards77 June 22nd, 2017 04:58 PM

Are there any plans to include ReaverXs Dark Sun updates? Or do I need to install those separately? Thanks.

ShadowChemosh June 22nd, 2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards77 (Post 251788)
Are there any plans to include ReaverXs Dark Sun updates? Or do I need to install those separately? Thanks.

Nope

TobyFox actually took that over and he has his own thread on these boards.

Eretas June 27th, 2017 10:42 AM

Unchained monk - HOW?

3 Attachment(s)
I dont' find the proper setting to configure a unchained monk.

I have the option check but no archetype for unchained monk :confused:

TCArknight June 27th, 2017 12:54 PM

Do you have Pathfinder Unchained itself selected? You need that in addition to the archetypes.

Eretas June 27th, 2017 01:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 251996)
Do you have Pathfinder Unchained itself selected? You need that in addition to the archetypes.

Is it with the community package or it's a add-on?

I guess you are talking about that?

I dont have it.

ShadowChemosh June 27th, 2017 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eretas (Post 251990)
I dont' find the proper setting to configure a unchained monk.

I have the option check but no archetype for unchained monk :confused:

So "Monk" and "Unchained Monk" are two totally different Classes. Your showing me screen shots for Monk archetypes which is not at all the same as an Unchained Monk. This is like looking at the Cleric section for Unchained Monk archetypes. :)

You will need the "Pathfinder Unchained" license to make use of the Unchained Monk Archetypes provided in the Community Pack. ;)

Eretas June 27th, 2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 251999)
So "Monk" and "Unchained Monk" are two totally different Classes. Your showing me screen shots for Monk archetypes which is not at all the same as an Unchained Monk. This is like looking at the Cleric section for Unchained Monk archetypes. :)

:p

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 251999)
You will need the "Pathfinder Unchained" license to make use of the Unchained Monk Archetypes provided in the Community Pack. ;)

:)

DeltaMasterMind June 30th, 2017 05:52 AM

Hate to bother you guys, but I am inquiring about the Wilder archetypes. Are they currently getting some work done to them or are they on the back burner? I been looking up the class and noticed only two archetypes available for that class.

Cards77 June 30th, 2017 06:37 AM

Is this in the community pack? I looked and didn't see it. It's a base class, not an archetype

http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/c...t-cleric-rogue

DeltaMasterMind June 30th, 2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards77 (Post 252126)
Is this in the community pack? I looked and didn't see it. It's a base class, not an archetype

http://www.pathfindercommunity.net/c...t-cleric-rogue

It is not.

ShadowChemosh June 30th, 2017 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 252123)
Hate to bother you guys, but I am inquiring about the Wilder archetypes. Are they currently getting some work done to them or are they on the back burner? I been looking up the class and noticed only two archetypes available for that class.

Nothing is really on the back burner its just allot of books need to be completed and only a few people are working on the Pack.

I know the "excuses" are getting old and I am not happy about the missing content either. My OCD always acts up when I look and see that not everything from UP has been coded yet. :(

DeltaMasterMind June 30th, 2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 252138)
Nothing is really on the back burner its just allot of books need to be completed and only a few people are working on the Pack.

I know the "excuses" are getting old and I am not happy about the missing content either. My OCD always acts up when I look and see that not everything from UP has been coded yet. :(

Thanks for the reply,
I understand the whole community pack is one heck of an undertaking. No worries though as I will just work around it. I do appreciate all the work you guys do.

Cards77 July 1st, 2017 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 252127)
It is not.

Ok. Thank you for the information. Is there a way to request it get put in?

I'm definitely a HL novice. I wish there was a modular way to create classes and races. All i really want to do is assign already existing class abilities in a new combination: Rogue BAB, Cleric proficiencies, Bard skills, slayer sneak attack progression, and warpriest spell progression.

Sledge July 1st, 2017 09:16 PM

I'm currently playing a psion and can finally get a setting for my psicrystal. Sadly the only one I can find is the Psicrystal staff. I can imagine the harness and crown are easy enough to make with custom but I don't know how to add the gear container tag if I make the weapon special ability "Psicrystal setting". Is this doable?

Dami July 1st, 2017 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cards77 (Post 252193)
Ok. Thank you for the information. Is there a way to request it get put in?

I'm definitely a HL novice. I wish there was a modular way to create classes and races. All i really want to do is assign already existing class abilities in a new combination: Rogue BAB, Cleric proficiencies, Bard skills, slayer sneak attack progression, and warpriest spell progression.

I'm sure Cedric can add the "Divine Agent" to the list of requested material for the Community pack. This doesn't mean that anyone is going to start making it soon - you could be waiting a long time. Classes can take a fair bit of work and most commonly get added when someone who wants it does the work themselves.

That said - altering existing classes and races isn't as hard as working from scratch. You could look at the tutorials and help in HL/editor and try modifying something that does exist.

ShadowChemosh July 2nd, 2017 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledge (Post 252194)
I'm currently playing a psion and can finally get a setting for my psicrystal. Sadly the only one I can find is the Psicrystal staff. I can imagine the harness and crown are easy enough to make with custom but I don't know how to add the gear container tag if I make the weapon special ability "Psicrystal setting". Is this doable?

I honestly don't have a good answer right now. I have not yet read any of the Psicrystal "setting" info nor have I gotten to the equipment section of UP.

ShadowChemosh July 2nd, 2017 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 252196)
I'm sure Cedric can add the "Divine Agent" to the list of requested material for the Community pack. This doesn't mean that anyone is going to start making it soon - you could be waiting a long time. Classes can take a fair bit of work and most commonly get added when someone who wants it does the work themselves.

That said - altering existing classes and races isn't as hard as working from scratch. You could look at the tutorials and help in HL/editor and try modifying something that does exist.

I 100% agree with this. As this "new" class is a combination of old classes combined together its the PERFECT class to start with as it require no scripting at all. You just need to make the base class and class helper which is easy using the editor. Then bootstrap the class abilities and set at the correct levels.

I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos. Welcome to the wonderful world of using the HL editor which will be the most frustrating and rewarding thing you can do with Hero Lab. :)

As you get "specific" questions I recommend starting a new thread with your question. Details of the class and "exactly" what you are having issues with should be provided (don't assume someone knows what is in your head). That makes it easier to get answers/help.

DeltaMasterMind July 2nd, 2017 12:38 PM

Just thought I post this:
Seems the Speed customizations for the Aegis are not adding correctly. With the Astral skin selected, both speed customizations are reporting odd numbers; one being 0 and the other displaying 2.

ShadowChemosh July 2nd, 2017 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 252229)
Just thought I post this:
Seems the Speed customizations for the Aegis are not adding correctly. With the Astral skin selected, both speed customizations are reporting odd numbers; one being 0 and the other displaying 2.

Thanks for the bug report. I have added this as Issue#119.

Sledge July 2nd, 2017 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 252211)
I honestly don't have a good answer right now. I have not yet read any of the Psicrystal "setting" info nor have I gotten to the equipment section of UP.

Actually now that I look at it I don't see anything for actually docking the psicrystal. Am I correct that this is not implemented?

ShadowChemosh July 2nd, 2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledge (Post 252231)
Actually now that I look at it I don't see anything for actually docking the psicrystal. Am I correct that this is not implemented?

Correct. Once I get to the equipment section they will be fully implemented.

DeltaMasterMind July 2nd, 2017 04:11 PM

Also one other note on the Aegis:
Not sure why but a validation error keeps coming up when the Archetype Trailblazer and Crystal warrior are selected even though this should not be happening. From my digging around I don't see why it is occurring, but the error report says Reconfigure replaced by one of more Variant class. Thing is just after starting a new portfolio and just adding Aegis plus those two archetypes it happens. Going to submit this as a bug to LW as well.

Sledge July 2nd, 2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 252235)
Correct. Once I get to the equipment section they will be fully implemented.

Yep I was killing myself over this for no good reason. For now I'll just put in a placeholder and maybe later I'll look at scripting the bonus.

Ualaa July 3rd, 2017 05:50 AM

Another related to the Aegis.
Not sure if this is a bug, but probably.

You can take Brawn, up to 3 times (+2 STR).
You can take Hardy, up to 3 times (+2 CON).
You can take Nimble only once (+2 DEX).

If you take a suit type that gets you the built in +2 bonus...
You can add that bonus two more times, if the suit has built in Brawn or Hardy.
If you use Astral Skin, you get the free 1x Nimble, but cannot take it a 2nd or 3rd time.

ShadowChemosh July 3rd, 2017 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 252238)
Also one other note on the Aegis:
Not sure why but a validation error keeps coming up when the Archetype Trailblazer and Crystal warrior are selected even though this should not be happening. From my digging around I don't see why it is occurring, but the error report says Reconfigure replaced by one of more Variant class. Thing is just after starting a new portfolio and just adding Aegis plus those two archetypes it happens. Going to submit this as a bug to LW as well.

Thanks for the bug reports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 252248)
Another related to the Aegis.
Not sure if this is a bug, but probably.

You can take Brawn, up to 3 times (+2 STR).
You can take Hardy, up to 3 times (+2 COAN).
You can take Nimble only once (+2 DEX).

If you take a suit type that gets you the built in +2 bonus...
You can add that bonus two more times, if the suit has built in Brawn or Hardy.
If you use Astral Skin, you get the free 1x Nimble, but cannot take it a 2nd or 3rd time.

Thanks for the bug reports.

I am currently fixing all the Soulknife archetypes including actually implementing/scripting all the archetype abilities. Someone I just figured out just put in all the archetypes as "stubs". In other words the text is in the archetype but nothing actually works. Sigh...

With all the little issues with Aegis class/archetypes I will most likely focus on it next and will not be surprised if I will need to re-work allot of the base code. Hopefully I can do this in a way that does not break existing characters. :)

DeltaMasterMind July 3rd, 2017 10:10 AM

Getting spInfo procedure errors popping up when I click on the menu to select abilities for the Astral Constructs. It is only affecting the ones leveled 7-9. Granted it does not seem to effect the functionality from what I can tell.

Minous July 8th, 2017 05:44 PM

Looks like the PFS Equipment Boon (core) isnt working right for custom wands. I am adding a wand of Share Memory from a chronicle sheet and its still showing as invalid for PFS Core campagin characters.

ShadowChemosh July 8th, 2017 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 252468)
Looks like the PFS Equipment Boon (core) isnt working right for custom wands. I am adding a wand of Share Memory from a chronicle sheet and its still showing as invalid for PFS Core campagin characters.

Thanks for the bug report. This will be fixed in the next release. In addition I fixed it for custom scrolls and potions also.

ShadowChemosh July 8th, 2017 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeltaMasterMind (Post 252264)
Getting spInfo procedure errors popping up when I click on the menu to select abilities for the Astral Constructs. It is only affecting the ones leveled 7-9. Granted it does not seem to effect the functionality from what I can tell.

I am not able to reproduce this issue. Any chance you can email me a .por file causing this or give me "exact" steps to reproduce?

My email is forum user id (at) yahoo (dot) com.

Thanks!

Minous July 8th, 2017 06:50 PM

Shadow PS I noticed the CL vs SR skill isn't core legal either.

ShadowChemosh July 8th, 2017 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 252475)
Shadow PS I noticed the CL vs SR skill isn't core legal either.

The PFS options don't display in the editor so I never noticed that HL was enforcing that for skills. This will also be fixed in the next release.