Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Community Packs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51966)

ShadowChemosh January 3rd, 2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krothos (Post 240444)
My guess is the bonus from Weapon Training (Heavy Blades) is being lost when activating Backswing. :confused:

So as I feared Weapon Training "bonuses" are there own separate unique field. Which I missed. :(

I fixed this and created a new v1.6 file and uploaded it. Just have your HL do a fresh download of v1.6 and install again. You should be good to go. :)

Krothos January 3rd, 2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 240463)
So as I feared Weapon Training "bonuses" are there own separate unique field. Which I missed. :(

I fixed this and created a new v1.6 file and uploaded it. Just have your HL do a fresh download of v1.6 and install again. You should be good to go. :)

:D There are so many bonuses in this game now... :D

Downloaded and imported. The bonuses are calculated correctly. Thank you!

ShadowChemosh January 3rd, 2017 06:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 240388)
New Features
  • Path of War (ShadowChemosh) - Created two new "Dossiers" (ie Character Sheets) that will appear when you print your character from inside of HL. These only display for characters that can initiate maneuvers. The first sheet "(Community) Path of War Maneuvers - Summary" Prints a summary of each maneuver or stance your character has. The second sheet "(Community) Path of War Maneuvers - Description" Prints the full text in a two column layout of each maneuver and stance your character has.

I just wanted to highlight this part of the new features for the Pack. When you go to print a character that is from Path of War and can initiate maneuvers. You will be presented with these two new choices:
Attachment 4925

These two new character sheets allow the maneuvers/stances to be printed similar to spells. This is an important step forward for being able to change how maneuvers/stances are displayed in HL. ;)

An example of the new character sheet for Path of War characters is attached to this post. :D

Ualaa January 4th, 2017 04:29 AM

Awesome!

Half of my group are absolutely in love with Spheres of Power, the other half with Path of War.
Both are eagerly awaiting each new addition to Hero Lab, as our table rules are that if it cannot be built within Hero Lab, it cannot be taken as a character option; HL is being used as the legal/valid build checker.

TheIronGolem January 4th, 2017 07:06 AM

Seconded, Shadow. That is really cool. I am going to have to figure out how to do something similar with Spheres of Power.

Aaron January 4th, 2017 09:16 PM

That reminds me of a project a user proposed to me at GenCon.

Roadie January 5th, 2017 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been tooling around with some bits of the Bloodforge Infusions playtest, so I figured I'd toss the file so far up here and see if anybody might want to try to roll it into the 3PP pack stuff. Note that this isn't even close to finished, but some is better than none, right?

Includes so far:

ARTs:
Kitsune (coyotl, huli jing, kumiho, yokai, zenko kitsune)

Rage Powers:
Bloody Fist

Psionic Powers:
Distant Voice

Feats:
Kumiho Huntress
Liver-Eater

Traits:
Celestial Essence
Hot-Blooded

Known bugs:

For yokai kitsune, I'm not sure how to make Change Shape let you pick a Tiny fox and yet only turn you Small. Bluh!

Tooth and Nail still needs a toggle for hiding/showing natural attacks that enables/disables the Disguise bonus in human form.

Kumiho Huntress doesn't give the additional use of Bloody Fist, since I'm not sure how to do that yet.

Liver-Eater doesn't apply the "works even with keen" critical range change, since I'm not sure how to do that yet.

I'm probably also going to try my hand at one or two of the shorter DSP Monster Classes soon. The Lizardfolk one seems pretty simple, for example.

ShadowChemosh January 6th, 2017 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadie (Post 240520)
I've been tooling around with some bits of the Bloodforge Infusions playtest, so I figured I'd toss the file so far up here and see if anybody might want to try to roll it into the 3PP pack stuff. Note that this isn't even close to finished, but some is better than none, right?

I am happy to have new additions. A few things though is once I add this you will need to use GitHub to make future changes to the file. You can find more information in THIS thread.

First change would also require ALL the unique IDs you have to be changed/updated. This is because we use a 2 digit value in all our strings to make sure we are 100% future unique. In example raZenko would need to become ra3PZenko.

I can make this change for you if you wish. But part of using GitHub would be that you will be able to pull down the changes I do to the file. This way I don't have to keep duplicating the work over and over again. :)

If you want to wait until its 100% finished because its easier for you that is fine also. Let me know...

Roadie January 6th, 2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 240549)
I am happy to have new additions. A few things though is once I add this you will need to use GitHub to make future changes to the file. You can find more information in THIS thread.

First change would also require ALL the unique IDs you have to be changed/updated. This is because we use a 2 digit value in all our strings to make sure we are 100% future unique. In example raZenko would need to become ra3PZenko.

I can make this change for you if you wish. But part of using GitHub would be that you will be able to pull down the changes I do to the file. This way I don't have to keep duplicating the work over and over again. :)

If you want to wait until its 100% finished because its easier for you that is fine also. Let me know...

Oh, I can do that, sure. I'll see about updating those IDs and making a pull request.

Tharmiones January 12th, 2017 01:05 PM

I think I have found a Bug in the Conferred Ability Adjustment for the Magus: Spell Combat or I'm understanding it's usage wrong.

I do have a Level 5 Magus:

By default the Penalty the is chosen ist 0, so 0 bonus is added to the Concentration check. However also 0 Penalty is taken at the Weapons Attack Value. This should be -2 already.

If I select -2 as a penalty the Weapon Attack Value gets also -2 but also a +2 Bonus is applied to Concentration Checks, which shouldn't be the case.

I think the penalty to Attack should always be the chosen value -2, because I can't find any indication in the rules that the initial penalty for Spell Combat is already added to the Concentration Check as a bonus.

ShadowChemosh January 14th, 2017 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tharmiones (Post 241036)
I think I have found a Bug in the Conferred Ability Adjustment for the Magus: Spell Combat or I'm understanding it's usage wrong.

I do have a Level 5 Magus:

By default the Penalty the is chosen ist 0, so 0 bonus is added to the Concentration check. However also 0 Penalty is taken at the Weapons Attack Value. This should be -2 already.

Actually it should be 0. HL is already providing a -2 when you equip your one-handed weapon in the primary hand and "Touch Attack" or "Ranged Touch Attack" weapon as the off-hand.

Here is a image with a level 1 magus with 10 Str:
Attachment 4951
As can be seen the -2 to Hit is already taken into account correctly by HL.

In addition there is a "Touch Attack, Damage" adjustment that lets you set the damage value instead of "As Spell". Which I just tried and its not working correctly. So I will fix that also. :(

Quote:

If I select -2 as a penalty the Weapon Attack Value gets also -2 but also a +2 Bonus is applied to Concentration Checks, which shouldn't be the case.

When you entered -2 you are saying I am taking an additional penalty to hit (on top of the normal TWF rules) to get a Plus bonus to concentration. So this is correct.

Quote:

I think the penalty to Attack should always be the chosen value -2, because I can't find any indication in the rules that the initial penalty for Spell Combat is already added to the Concentration Check as a bonus.

I will try and update the wording/note to make this more 'clear' on how the adjustment is meant to work. That is my bad for being in a hurry. Sorry! :(

Tharmiones January 14th, 2017 04:01 PM

This however does not work in my case, because my char is using Dervish Dance with the Scimitar and if I "equip" the Touch Attack it falls back to STR based Attack/Damage.

ShadowChemosh January 15th, 2017 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tharmiones (Post 241384)
This however does not work in my case, because my char is using Dervish Dance with the Scimitar and if I "equip" the Touch Attack it falls back to STR based Attack/Damage.

That is a different issue that I can take a look into.

Update: This is fixed and will be in the next Pack release.

Arisiana January 16th, 2017 01:10 AM

Error in v1.6 iPad

I downloaded and installed the v1.6 Pathfinder Pack to my iPad and I get the following error trying to add a new portfolio:

Thing Extension fStunnPin - thing fStunnPin not defined

Any help would be appreciated.

ShadowChemosh January 16th, 2017 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arisiana (Post 241568)
I downloaded and installed the v1.6 Pathfinder Pack to my iPad and I get the following error trying to add a new portfolio:

Well thats not good. HL is not suppose to care about a missing Thing anymore. :(

I assume you don't have the Pathfinder Unchained license?

I will need to look into this. You are not suppose to need a "specific" license anymore.

Colen January 16th, 2017 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arisiana (Post 241568)

I haven't tried this on the iPad, but it should work fine - are you sure your copy of HL for iPad is up to date? Try updating it from the app store - what version does it show at the top-right of the "select portfolio" screen?

Merion January 17th, 2017 07:08 AM

Questions from a newbie (just bought HL today):

I want to use HL to run my encounters out of Realm Works. For this I need to build my encounters first via the encounter builder in HL (right?). Now right of the bat, I needed a monster not in the three bestiaries, but luckily in the Pathfinder Pack (the shrieker from Forgotten Foes, https://is.gd/bRZOUX). So, I went and followed the installation instruction for the community pack.
Now when I open HL and am presented with the char creation view, I check the box for Forgotten Foes on the right side. But when I try to set the race of the char to shrieker, I only get violet fungus (because it mentions shriekers in its description).
But that's not what I really want, so I go to the encounter builder and search for shrieker. Now all I got is Beetle, Giant Boring.

And even that beetle triggers a warning, because it wants Occult Adventures. Before downloading the community pack, I checked the forum entry and there was no mentioning of any prerequisites. For the deprecated Community Bestiary there were some mentioned, but for the unified pack nothing was said, so I assumed the creators somehow got rid of these dependencies.

Which leads me to my questions:
1. Can I even use the Pathfinder Pack with just the basic Rulebook package of HL and the bestiary bundle added?
2. If yes, what am I doing wrong? How do I find the shriekers?
3. If no, what do I need to use it?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry if this has been answered before, but I lack to time to read through the 90+ pages of this thread.

Silveras January 17th, 2017 07:28 AM

Shriekers, among some other former monsters, are classified as "Hazards" in D&D 3.x and Pathfinder. They are not a race you can select.

See the Core Rulebook p. 415 for their entry.

Violet Fungi are still classified as monsters, and appear in the first Bestiary.

Merion January 17th, 2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 241732)
Shriekers, among some other former monsters, are classified as "Hazards" in D&D 3.x and Pathfinder. They are not a race you can select.

See the Core Rulebook p. 415 for their entry.

Violet Fungi are still classified as monsters, and appear in the first Bestiary.

You are correct, of course. According to this page however, Forgotten Foes has stats for shriekers. And these I wanted to add to the encounter (the idea being here, that the shriekers wake up a plethora of other fungal creatures).
Also my question concerning dependencies still stands.

Silverthorne January 17th, 2017 08:20 AM

Wondering if anyone was working on the PRC from faiths and pantheons.
Heartwarder?

Silveras January 17th, 2017 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion
You are correct, of course. According to this page however, Forgotten Foes has stats for shriekers. And these I wanted to add to the encounter (the idea being here, that the shriekers wake up a plethora of other fungal creatures).
Also my question concerning dependencies still stands.

Dependencies.
Certain monsters may reference a spell or something else from an "official" product, so those specific cases will report errors. In general, if you have the Bestiary Bundle, you should have all the licenses needed for *most* creatures.

Shriekers and Forgotten Foes
Contributions to the Community Pack are made voluntarily by the members of the Community. It is quite possible that not all of the contents of Forgotten Foes has been added. It may be anywhere from "a few" to "all". Filtering the races list on "Forgotten Foes" .. it looks like only the Grimlock is there.

For Realm Works use
You may want to note the presence of the Shriekers under "Obstacles" .. as you would a trap. They add to the overall CR of the encounter, but really don't participate in combat -- so their absence from the HeroLab portfolio should not impact running any combat too much.

If you still feel like you want to have a HeroLab entry for it, you could create it yourself in the Editor. A relatively simple monster like the shrieker would be a pretty good first project choice.

ShadowChemosh January 17th, 2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 241727)
1. Can I even use the Pathfinder Pack with just the basic Rulebook package of HL and the bestiary bundle added?

Yes the pack is loading so it works. No I do not duplicate the same material from LW. So if something needs a specific Thing from a licensed book you will need to buy that book. The Community Pack is not a way to get around buying licensed material. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 241727)

Most likely we never added Shriekers. Most monsters where added to support the different Adventure Paths before those where licensed by LW. Meaning if no AP or Module from paizo referenced Shriekers we didn't add it. Sorry.

If you really want something you can use the editor to add anything to HL.

Like most community projects that are a work in progress and new stuff is added all the time. Over the years the pack has gone from dozens of people contributing to just myself. This means additions are added slowly.

Most focus is actually on Psionics and Path of War...

ShadowChemosh January 17th, 2017 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverthorne (Post 241738)
Wondering if anyone was working on the PRC from faiths and pantheons.
Heartwarder?

Is that Forgotten Realms? If so TobyFox2002 has his own separate downloads for FR stuff.

bodrin January 17th, 2017 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 24172)
*Stuff*

3. If no, what do I need to use it?

Thanks in advance!

PS: Sorry if this has been answered before, but I lack to time to read through the 90+ pages of this thread.

Shriekers are in the Core Rule Book as a hazard along with Green Slime, Phospherescent Fungus and Yellow Mold.

They aren't official creatures in Pathfinder.

Merion January 17th, 2017 02:11 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Having known several community projects, I totally understand that not everything is there. I just don't understand the rather clunky HL UI well enough yet, to figure out, what is there and why. But good to hear the grimlock is in there, I'm going to need that one in a later stage of my campaign.

I can make do without the shrieker stats in HL, worked without HL for years anyway. Just would have been nice to have the HP of the things right in my encounter manager as I know for sure at least one of my PCs will start hurling some kind of magic at it. Probably most of them ;-)
Maybe once I'm more familiar with HL I'll add it myself.

Concerning dependencies:
So I understand correctly that I can not only use the pack itself but also load creatures in my portfolio - like said beetle - that need books I don't own. I just will have empty spaces or missing functionalities, right?
I never meant to try to skip buying stuff by downloading community packs, I just don't want to spend a huge amount of cash on stuff I'll never use, as HL will basically be an elaborate initiative tracker for me.

ShadowChemosh January 17th, 2017 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 241798)
So I understand correctly that I can not only use the pack itself but also load creatures in my portfolio - like said beetle - that need books I don't own. I just will have empty spaces or missing functionalities, right?

Yes and no. If you don't own the license for a monster in Bestiary 1 you won't even be able to select the race or add it from the Encounter builder.

If you are adding a 3PP class that gives a Feat from a book you don't own then just the "Feat" part of the class won't work.

The game systems are built in "pieces" or Things as HL calls them. So if a Thing requires a license you don't have it won't be shown to you. But how important that Thing is depends on what it is. :)

Quote:

as HL will basically be an elaborate initiative tracker for me.

Then your missing out on the literally thousands of things it can do. I am also sorry to say the TC is the one part of HL I never use.

Quote:

I never meant to try to skip buying stuff by downloading community packs,

First impressions matter. My first of you so far is reading you dropping F bombs on the forums. About something as minor as the UI. My first impression is then really low so I am expecting the worst right off the bat.

Jamz January 17th, 2017 11:17 PM

Shadow, is this error possibly from the community packs? I'm not sure how to track it down, it's in a portfolio with a dozen PC's.

Tag expression accessing field value 'gSizeDiff' for pick 'EqpChooser' that doesn't contain field
- - -
Tag expression accessing field value 'gSizeDiff' for pick 'EqpChooser' that doesn't contain field
- - -

Merion January 18th, 2017 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 241806)
Yes and no. If you don't own the license for a monster in Bestiary 1 you won't even be able to select the race or add it from the Encounter builder.

If you are adding a 3PP class that gives a Feat from a book you don't own then just the "Feat" part of the class won't work.

The game systems are built in "pieces" or Things as HL calls them. So if a Thing requires a license you don't have it won't be shown to you. But how important that Thing is depends on what it is. :)

That's totally fine then, as I mainly will use the tactical console to track initiative and whatever additional information there is will be welcome but not crucial.

Quote:

Then your missing out on the literally thousands of things it can do. I am also sorry to say the TC is the one part of HL I never use.

Well, my main tool I work with is Realm Works and it's fantastic! Improved my gamemastering at the table immensly. Just when it came to combat, I always came back to pen and paper to track initiative and damage.
But there are these HereLab Portfolio snippets in RW that kept enticing me. So I thought, maybe this can help me have the basic monster info and initiative and hit points in one place without having to track stuff on paper while consulting several browser tabs with the d20pfsrd.
So this is how I will start using HL and see if it simplifies things at the game table.

Quote:

First impressions matter. My first of you so far is reading you dropping F bombs on the forums. About something as minor as the UI. My first impression is then really low so I am expecting the worst right off the bat.

Sorry if I came of as impolite. I always forget how sensitive americans are about swearing.
I have to disagree about the importance of UI, though. From my experience in the IT business, the usability of the user interface correlates directly with sales. If I weren't dedicated to get HL to work for me, but instead someone who just gave it a shot, I'd deinstalled it after 10 minutes as I couldn't make sense of anything without consulting the forums or youtube. So I was a bit agitated when I posted about that. But I've posted before on the RW forums and hope to have left a more constructive impression there :-)

Arisiana January 18th, 2017 01:31 AM

RE: fstunnpin error

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 241641)
I haven't tried this on the iPad, but it should work fine - are you sure your copy of HL for iPad is up to date? Try updating it from the app store - what version does it show at the top-right of the "select portfolio" screen?

I don't have the unchained license, though I do plan to get it soon. The pack works perfectly on my desktop. The select portfolio screen says 7.6.4 (#646), with no updates showing in either the app itself or the app store. Pathfinder RPG v13.7 Pathfinder Pack v1.6

Colen January 18th, 2017 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arisiana (Post 241880)
I don't have the unchained license, though I do plan to get it soon. The pack works perfectly on my desktop. The select portfolio screen says 7.6.4 (#646), with no updates showing in either the app itself or the app store. Pathfinder RPG v13.7 Pathfinder Pack v1.6

I guess my memory was wrong on this, because I just checked, and it looks like the issue does happen with the current public release on the iPad (#646). Sorry about that. :(

The good news is that the next release of HL for iPad fixes it, and it should be out early next week at the latest. Once that update is available, grab it and this problem should be fixed.

Hope this helps!

Silveras January 18th, 2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 241871)
Well, my main tool I work with is Realm Works and it's fantastic! Improved my gamemastering at the table immensly. Just when it came to combat, I always came back to pen and paper to track initiative and damage.
But there are these HereLab Portfolio snippets in RW that kept enticing me. So I thought, maybe this can help me have the basic monster info and initiative and hit points in one place without having to track stuff on paper while consulting several browser tabs with the d20pfsrd.
So this is how I will start using HL and see if it simplifies things at the game table.

I have used the Tactical Console to run combats for a PBeM game, where it was immensely helpful.

Integration with Realm Works allows you to prepare an Encounter Portfolio (all the necessary enemies) and, with the touch of a button, add the contents to a running copy of HeroLab (one with the PC portfolios already loaded, typically).

Tactical Console Pros
  • Tracking current hit points/damage
  • Easily add conditions (such as Dazzled, Dazed, Paralyzed, etc.)
  • Easily track spells used
  • Track initiative order (Ready actions don't work 100% as described in the rules, but pretty close)
  • Automatically assigns some conditions ("Flat-Footed" at the start of combat, "Unconscious" or "Staggered" at appropriate hit point values)
  • Auto-refreshes as the underlying creatures change, and changes the underlying creatures as you work

Tactical Console Cons
  • Does not apply effects (damage or conditions) to multiple creatures at once
  • Does not have access to all In-Play tab content
  • Crowded, and cannot be re-sized horizontally
  • Does not recognize "Dead" status automatically
  • Does not handle partial surprise situations, and the auto-assigned "Flat-Footed" status cannot be manually cleared for appropriate creatures.

From the Tactical Console, each entry has a button which will switch to the main HeroLab window and select that creature, which you will need to do occasionally to see the details of Special Abilities and the like. As the levels become higher, this needs to be done more often.

If your Players are tracking their own hit points and resources (spells, charges, potions, etc.), then the Tactical Console's access to do so will be of less value to you. If you usually track such things yourself and "true up" occasionally with the players, this will be of more value to you, I expect.

As for the Shrieker... the official version has no hit points, armor class, or attacks... there is literally nothing in it for the Tactical Console to keep track of. It is literally a short block of text that does not even get a CR. The Tricky Owlbear version is probably based on the 3.x MM version. It is such a simple creature that it should require (I think) only a Race entry and a single Race Special (the Shriek ability) to be made. That is why I said it would be a good first project in the Editor ... because I don't think there would need to be anything more elaborate (such as Eval Scripts or additional Tags).

Merion January 18th, 2017 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 241905)
I have used the Tactical Console to run combats for a PBeM game, where it was immensely helpful.

Integration with Realm Works allows you to prepare an Encounter Portfolio (all the necessary enemies) and, with the touch of a button, add the contents to a running copy of HeroLab (one with the PC portfolios already loaded, typically).

Tactical Console Pros
  • Tracking current hit points/damage
  • Easily add conditions (such as Dazzled, Dazed, Paralyzed, etc.)
  • Easily track spells used
  • Track initiative order (Ready actions don't work 100% as described in the rules, but pretty close)
  • Automatically assigns some conditions ("Flat-Footed" at the start of combat, "Unconscious" or "Staggered" at appropriate hit point values)
  • Auto-refreshes as the underlying creatures change, and changes the underlying creatures as you work

I'll probably use the trackers for initiative , used spells (for enemies), damage and to look up any special abilities of monsters I don't know by heart.
And of course the mentioned ability to prepare the encounter portfolio beforehand and push it to the tactical console from RW.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 241905)
Tactical Console Cons
  • Does not apply effects (damage or conditions) to multiple creatures at once
  • Does not have access to all In-Play tab content
  • Crowded, and cannot be re-sized horizontally
  • Does not recognize "Dead" status automatically
  • Does not handle partial surprise situations, and the auto-assigned "Flat-Footed" status cannot be manually cleared for appropriate creatures.

From the Tactical Console, each entry has a button which will switch to the main HeroLab window and select that creature, which you will need to do occasionally to see the details of Special Abilities and the like. As the levels become higher, this needs to be done more often.

If your Players are tracking their own hit points and resources (spells, charges, potions, etc.), then the Tactical Console's access to do so will be of less value to you. If you usually track such things yourself and "true up" occasionally with the players, this will be of more value to you, I expect.

As for the Shrieker... the official version has no hit points, armor class, or attacks... there is literally nothing in it for the Tactical Console to keep track of. It is literally a short block of text that does not even get a CR. The Tricky Owlbear version is probably based on the 3.x MM version. It is such a simple creature that it should require (I think) only a Race entry and a single Race Special (the Shriek ability) to be made. That is why I said it would be a good first project in the Editor ... because I don't think there would need to be anything more elaborate (such as Eval Scripts or additional Tags).

The con luckily don't matter much, I'll probably keep track of these things myself. Also I don't track the stats of my players, I trust them to do that themselves. I've gotten quite good at judging the health of characters by the look of confidence or worry on the players face :D

Thanks everyone for the helpful answers, but I think we should stop here, before we derail the thread completely ;-)
I'll surely be back here or in another thread once I tried it in a live game. Probably next week.

Zaknaefin January 22nd, 2017 12:14 PM

I have the adjustments, but either I am not finding the correct one or it does not yet exist.

I am trying to hide one of the Bonus languages. In this example, I am trying to get rid of/hide Elven for a Half-Elven character.

Is there an existing Adjustment that will do this? I believe I have tried everything "Language" searchable.

ShadowChemosh January 22nd, 2017 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaknaefin (Post 242267)
I have the adjustments, but either I am not finding the correct one or it does not yet exist.

I am trying to hide one of the Bonus languages. In this example, I am trying to get rid of/hide Elven for a Half-Elven character.

Is there an existing Adjustment that will do this? I believe I have tried everything "Language" searchable.

Nope no adjustment to do this currently. Sorry...

What you can do as a work around is change your character into a NPC (Press CTRL-K). Then on the background tab to the right of "Race:" is a wrench tool icon called "Customize". Click that and select "Customize Racial Language". This removes both common/elven. So add back common and whatever language you know.

Turn the character back into a PC.

djc664 January 23rd, 2017 07:55 AM

Having the same error as another two pages back; getting an error and can't open the portfolio: "Thing Extension fStunnPin - thing fStunnPin not defined"

My friend has had this error since two week ago, but I had not had a chance to properly troubleshoot until now.

1. Removed app from storage settings.
2. Restarted iPad (Air 1 or 2, if I recall. Will double check)
3. Downloaded Hero Lab - did not enter license information, but did sync to dropbox.
4. The portfolio opens, but with different messages for the Community package missing with Hero Lab open as character sheet only.
5. Download the Community package, portfolio opens just fine with no error.
6. Activated the license for Hero Lab to level up the character, and then I cannot open it at all with the error at the top of the post.

v1.6 as well.

We do not have the Pathfinder Unchained license. This is a 14th level portfolio that has been used with this iPad since level 4 or so over a year, and had not had this issue prior.

Any thoughts?

ShadowChemosh January 23rd, 2017 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djc664 (Post 242327)
Having the same error as another two pages back; getting an error and can't open the portfolio: "Thing Extension fStunnPin - thing fStunnPin not defined"

My friend has had this error since two week ago, but I had not had a chance to properly troubleshoot until now.

1. Removed app from storage settings.
2. Restarted iPad (Air 1 or 2, if I recall. Will double check)
3. Downloaded Hero Lab - did not enter license information, but did sync to dropbox.
4. The portfolio opens, but with different messages for the Community package missing with Hero Lab open as character sheet only.
5. Download the Community package, portfolio opens just fine with no error.
6. Activated the license for Hero Lab to level up the character, and then I cannot open it at all with the error at the top of the post.

v1.6 as well.

We do not have the Pathfinder Unchained license. This is a 14th level portfolio that has been used with this iPad since level 4 or so over a year, and had not had this issue prior.

Any thoughts?

HERE is the post from Colen that the issue is specific to the iPad app software. The next release that is coming "soon" will fix this. Nothing I can really do I am sorry to say. The issue is in the app itself. :(

The only thing I can think of to do is try and see if 1.5 or 1.4 has the issue and if not I could post up a link to rollback. Hey we are in luck I still have these old versions on the server.

iPad v1.05
iPad v1.04

Follow the steps in FAQ#1 to delete the current pack off your iPad. Then in Safari click the above links to download the file. Then click "open in" and select "HL App". Hopefully the older version will get you at least working in the mean time....

Sorry about this....

Zaknaefin January 23rd, 2017 06:25 PM

Quote:

Nope no adjustment to do this currently. Sorry...

What you can do as a work around is change your character into a NPC (Press CTRL-K). Then on the background tab to the right of "Race:" is a wrench tool icon called "Customize". Click that and select "Customize Racial Language". This removes both common/elven. So add back common and whatever language you know.

Turn the character back into a PC.
Worked like a charm. Thanks for the workaround.

Maidhc O Casain January 24th, 2017 05:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I ran into a bug - I think - with the Unchained Monk Zen Archer archetype. Not sure if it's in the archetype itself or in the way it interacts with the Feat Tax house rules from World is Square, though.

I made a 7th level Unchained Monk, Zen Archer archetype. It spells out in the class abilities that Way of the Bow (Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization) are granted, and what they replace. But the feats don't actually appear in the feat section and the character is not getting the bonuses for them.

I'm attaching the portfolio in case that will help.

Colen January 24th, 2017 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 242347)
HERE is the post from Colen that the issue is specific to the iPad app software. The next release that is coming "soon" will fix this. Nothing I can really do I am sorry to say. The issue is in the app itself. :(

The update to fix this is in approvals with Apple, so it'll be out as soon as they review it. Hopefully that'll be today!

djc664 January 24th, 2017 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 242402)
The update to fix this is in approvals with Apple, so it'll be out as soon as they review it. Hopefully that'll be today!

Yay! Thank you both!