Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Magus Armor (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=14198)

chiefweasel October 15th, 2011 07:51 AM

Magus Armor

Not sure if this has come up with before, I was trying to make a Magus character but when i tried to add armor it states that the class doesnt have any armor proficency. Not sure why, a Magus should have light armor and i checked the source code and it says that a Magus has light armor proficiency. but when i try to assign armor it wont let me. very odd.

has anyone run into this problem?

ShadowChemosh October 15th, 2011 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just checked on mine and it works fine. A level 1 magus was given Light Armor. I even double checked for any Archetypes and I didn't see any that made them lose Light Armor.

I am really not sure on this one. Maybe a screen shot of what your seeing?

Attached here is a screen shot of a level 1 dwarf magus wearing +1 Chain Shirt.

chiefweasel October 15th, 2011 12:48 PM

hhm, still not sowrking for me. not sure what the problem is. I ended up playing a ranger instead so i'll look into it later.

Stormwarden October 15th, 2011 03:16 PM

Are you using an archtype that removes armor proficiency, like kensai, perhaps?

ShadowChemosh October 15th, 2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormwarden (Post 64036)
like kensai, perhaps?

Oh yea good call. I forgot about the Kensai from UC.

chiefweasel October 17th, 2011 04:14 AM

nope is just a staight magus.

Mathias October 17th, 2011 06:40 AM

Was your character multiclassed? If so, you might have run into the archetypes remove armor proficiencies from all the classes bug.

chiefweasel October 17th, 2011 07:25 AM

Nope, was just a normal magus. Its not that the armor causes an error, i get a pop up message that says No Selections Available. very odd.

i will mess with it later though, ended up playing a different class for the game.

Silverwolf October 19th, 2011 10:51 AM

I get a similar error. I have the Arch type Kensai, and I use a feat to have a proficiency in Light Armor, it continues to say that it is not allowed. Even tho I have chosen the feat to the armor in question.

Another error, I think.. I am not sure. when I created a Magus, Archtype Myrmidarch, I hit 6th level I get Weapon Training. I chose Weapon Training: Blades, Heavy. Which I believe is supposed to be +1 Attack, Damage, CMB, and CMD. But it gives me +2 instead.. Is this an error or is it correct?

Thanks
Silverwolf

Solonar January 5th, 2012 11:24 AM

I have also run into the Kensai armor error. I am playing a magus (kensai) and just took a level of barbarian. The errors I noticed were that light armor proficiency was not given and also the martial weapon proficiency (all) feat also did not show up.