Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created 3.5 D&D data set.... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584)

ShadowChemosh October 28th, 2010 11:23 AM

Community Created 3.5 D&D data set....

Hosting Servers Have Changed!
Please note we have moved the d20 community package location to a new set of servers. This should better provide for future growth and puts all the packages for d20 and Pathfinder into the same location. So you will need to change the URL you have to
Code:

http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates.xml
If you need help doing this please see THIS pdf document.

Package overview

The community has been hard at work creating a 3.5 package that includes dozens of 3.5 and Dragonlance books. The community has combined all these different books into one large import file that has each book correctly source marked. This means after installing this package you will have a large number of books that can be check marked in the Configure Your Hero window. This data set is now finally ready for the community.

We have integrated this package in a way that will make the process work almost exactly the same as how you currently get official updates from Hero Lab. This feature is called Secondary Update URL... and is VERY easy to setup. After that you can simply download and import future enhancements to the package automatically.

Instructions on using the Secondary Update URL feature

Please see THIS pdf document. It will go over the couple steps needed to setup the Powered by Hero Lab feature.

Manually Downloading the data set
If you would rather do everything manually you can do that also and it is pretty easy to do. Simply click HERE and download the version of file you wish. Once you download the file you can double click on it to have Hero Lab start the import process.

Your .user files created using the editor
If you have your own .user files you do NOT have to remove these before importing the data set. If you did any changes directly to d20 Community Set's files you will need to carefully copy those changes out and put them into your own uniquely named .user files. Future updates will simply overwrite existing files so if you wish to make changes to the d20 Community Set data set you will need to do a Replace Thing.

Your house rules and the d20 Community Set
You should treat thed20 Community Set files in the same way you would official Hero Lab files. This means you should NOT make changes directly to the .user files as those changes will be lost when you update to the next release. Instead you should create a new uniquely named .user file that does a Replaces Thing ID if you need to put in your own house rules over the Lawful_g 3.5 D&D data set.

ShadowChemosh October 28th, 2010 11:23 AM

Release 1.0a - 10/28/2010

Enhancements & Changes
  • All books now source marked so they show in Configure Your Hero window.
  • Healer class from the Miniatures Handbook added.
  • Added the wavecrest gnome from Stormwrack to the Stormwrack races .user file.
  • Added the Warlock Scepter to the MIC magic items .user file.
  • Complete Psionics powers added by Sendric.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed the Warlock Eldritch Blast script to use the Value from itself when setting the d6 values instead of the local Variable Bonus. This allows other scripts to adjust the value and have the new adjusted value display on the character sheet.
Data File Authoring
  • All file extensions where changed from .dat to .user.
  • Import data set file created for use with Secondary Update URL.
  • Removed all dates that where part of the file name and moved into the File Version section of the XML.
  • Added new Conjuration(Healing) CL Thing to handle any magic item and feats that give a caster level bonus to that specific school of magic. Located in Custom - SpecificSchoolCL.user file.
  • Healer cure spells only calculate themselves with a generic script that has its values changes by setting Tags on the spell.
  • Added scripts to several Magic Items and Feats to adjust the Value of the new Conjuration(Healing) CL Thing so that the correct CL is used for calculating the the Cure Spells for the healer.

Colen October 28th, 2010 01:13 PM

Sticked. :) Thanks Lawful_g, ChiefWeasel and ShadowChemosh for their hard work putting this together!

chiefweasel October 28th, 2010 03:48 PM

Now the hard part starts, getting teams formed up to create content. Its a lot like demo teams for games, lol.

Golkiwu October 28th, 2010 03:50 PM

I already did the update, and received no errors on load up. I may have just gotten lucky as I did not remove any files.

I must say I love this option, as it definitely keeps us from bugging you for help, and makes it easy for us to get the content.

Kudos to you!:D

chiefweasel October 29th, 2010 09:21 AM

Once this process is on its way we'll lok at doing the same for Pathfinder, and in fact for any game system that HL uses. But it will take some time.

Lawful_g November 6th, 2010 07:55 AM

So I think I have enough for an update. Here are my notes on what I did today.

v 1.1 changes
File updates since last time.

MM - Dragons
11-04-10
Added User Tag for breath weapon to each race.

Complete Arcane Compile
11-04-10
Draconic feats were giving errors if their prereq (Draconic Legacy or Sorcerer Levels) was missing, changed to childfound to fix
Added User tag for Breath Weapon to Draconic Breath

DLCS - Feats
11-04-10
Added User Tag for Breath Weapon to Draconian Breath Weapon feats.
Changed Pre-req of Strafing Breath/Flyby Breath to look for User Tag

Custom - Core Book Mods
11-04-10
Added replacement Dragon Disciple Breath Weapon class ability which applies User.BreathWeap tag.
Same for Half Dragon Template Dragon Breath ability.
Added replacement for Burrowing and Flying ability that seperates out the timings (for purpose of applying modifiers)
Added integrated Lore ability for all to add to.

Draconomicon - Feats
11-04-10
Finished all feats, changed Source tag, ready to incorporate.

CAdv feats
Updated Obscure Lore for new Lore ability, also changed pre-req

Do I send the updated files to Chiefweasel since it is his website? I also have the Slayer of Domiel prestige class crawler made. I've fixed one error and added a bit of polish, but congrats to him for his hard work.

chiefweasel November 6th, 2010 09:34 AM

Should we get a few folks to test the files first? then create the single file for upload to the website

bodrin November 9th, 2010 09:15 AM

I'll test.
Heck I'm not doing anything else at the moment, other than experimenting with the DMG poison gear and adding to the Monster Types file!

ShadowChemosh November 9th, 2010 06:32 PM

Release v1.1 - 11/08/2010

Enhancements & Changes
  1. Draconomicon - Feats: All feats added, changed Source tag, ready for use.(Lawful_G)
  2. Book of Exalted Deeds - PrC: Slayer of Domiel added.(Crawler_otn)
  3. Complete Adventurer - PrC: Bloodhound added.(chiefweasel)
Bug Fixes
  1. Fixed duplicate Psi Powers from Complete Psionics and Races of the wild.(sendric)
  2. Complete Adventure - feats: Updated Obscure Lore for new Lore ability, also changed pre-req.(Lawful_G)
  3. Complete Arcane: Draconic feats were giving errors if their prereq (Draconic Legacy or Sorcerer Levels) was missing, changed to childfound to fix.(Lawful_G)
  4. Found more missing Source marked Things(RoS - Feats; RoA - Feats; RotW - Feats; DoK - Feats; RoA - Races), these all updated to be marked to the correct book.(ShadowChemosh)
Data File Authoring
  1. Made a single Lore ability for all future things to add to.(Lawful_G)
  2. Added User Tag for breath weapon to each race.(Lawful_G)
  3. Changed Pre-req of Strafing Breath/Flyby Breath to look for User Tag.(Lawful_G)
  4. Added replacement Dragon Disciple Breath Weapon class ability which applies User.BreathWeap tag.(Lawful_G)
  5. Same for Half Dragon Template Dragon Breath ability.(Lawful_G)
  6. Added replacement for Burrowing and Flying ability that separates out the timings (for purpose of applying modifiers)(Lawful_G)
  7. Added integrated Lore ability for all to add to.(Lawful_G)

Lawful_g November 9th, 2010 11:16 PM

One edit, I didn't do Slayer of Domiel, credit for that goes to Crawler_otn.

A second, new Lore ability is listed twice.

LeeSmith November 16th, 2010 07:07 AM

I tested the download yesterday (followed the directions from the PDF), good job guys, No errors!

I also sent Lawful_G my Wemic and Stinger races yesterday. Check them out as I am NOT a programer, and am learning the editor.

Thanks again, this as an option, makes it MUCH easier to get files and updates. Koodos to you all!

-Lee

ShadowChemosh December 9th, 2010 08:19 PM

Release 1.2 - 12/09/2010
This is now available through the Secondary Updates URL feature or directly from http://www.cheeseweasel.net/

Enhancements & Additions
  1. Eberron Campaign Setting: Strong Mind feat
  2. Complete Adventure: Prc Exemplar
  3. Complete Arcane: PrC Geometer, PrC Wayfarer Guide
  4. Complete Mage: PrC Ultimate Magus, PrC Abjurant Champion
  5. Complete Pisonics: Lurk class,
  6. Dragon Compendium: Poisons
  7. DMG: Poisons
  8. Expanded Psionics Handbook: Item Powers
  9. Miniature's Handbook: Marshal base class
  10. Monsters of Faerun: Wemic, Stinger
  11. PHB2: Dragon Shaman
  12. Races of the Dragon: Psionic Powers
  13. Races of Stone: PrC Runesmith
  14. Races of the Wild: PrC Champion of Corellon Laerthian
Bug Fixes
  1. Fixed Healer class bonus feat to exactly like the Marshel bonus for Skill Focus.
  2. Some more source issues fixed.
  3. Naming standards fixed.
  4. Many misc issues found and corrected by our community editors. These are Lawful_g, Bluephoenix, Sendric, bodrin, chiefweasel, and risner. Great work all!
Data File Authoring
  1. Core Monster Powers added.
  2. Core Monster Type changes/fixes.
  3. Core Monster Immunity Specials added.

nare December 19th, 2010 01:00 AM

Hi,

I just wanted to check if there are plans to add the rest of the Races of the Dragon book, as it would be very helpful to have the rest of the prestige classes included, and the draconic feats, spells etc.

If there is any way I could help with this, please let me know

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer December 19th, 2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 48833)
Release 1.2 - 12/09/2010
This is now available through the Secondary Updates URL feature or directly from http://www.cheeseweasel.net/

Enhancements & Additions
  1. Eberron Campaign Setting: Strong Mind feat
  2. Complete Adventure: Prc Exemplar
  3. Complete Arcane: PrC Geometer, PrC Wayfarer Guide
  4. Complete Mage: PrC Ultimate Magus, PrC Abjurant Champion
  5. Complete Pisonics: Lurk class,
  6. Dragon Compendium: Poisons
  7. DMG: Poisons
  8. Expanded Psionics Handbook: Item Powers
  9. Miniature's Handbook: Marshal base class
  10. Monsters of Faerun: Wemic, Stinger
  11. PHB2: Dragon Shaman
  12. Races of the Dragon: Psionic Powers
  13. Races of Stone: PrC Runesmith
  14. Races of the Wild: PrC Champion of Corellon Laerthian
Bug Fixes
  1. Fixed Healer class bonus feat to exactly like the Marshel bonus for Skill Focus.
  2. Some more source issues fixed.
  3. Naming standards fixed.
  4. Many misc issues found and corrected by our community editors. These are Lawful_g, Bluephoenix, Sendric, bodrin, chiefweasel, and risner. Great work all!
Data File Authoring
  1. Core Monster Powers added.
  2. Core Monster Type changes/fixes.
  3. Core Monster Immunity Specials added.

Hmm, I have selected Complete Mage as Source material but I'm not seeing the Ultimate Magus on the "level up" class list. Just Blood Magus. :(

Was the Ultimate Magus accidentally left out of this latest update or was "Ultimate" simply a typographical error?

I'm also wondering now why I have two entries for Scout on the class list. ;)

Otherwise very happy,
Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer

ShadowChemosh December 19th, 2010 10:52 AM

Thanks for the bug report. We actually have a Bug Thread so I answered over in that thread to keep this one clean for just release notes. See HERE.

Bluephoenix December 26th, 2010 05:08 PM

ultimate magus got left out I think as I couldn't get it to work smoothly with one of its class features

This post is the last record of exacly what was finished and worked on from my end.

end/beginning of semesters and work has conspired to keep me from working on any HL stuff for the time being, but it should hopefully be done in time for 1.3

Snowpaw January 24th, 2011 07:37 PM

I'd like to volunteer to write some files up for Arcana Unearthed, by Monte Cook. I own a copy of the book, and have a digital PDF copy as well, so I can easily work on it. I have yet to buy the Hero Lab licence, but when I do I will start working on this either way.

I know that Arcana Unearthed is not a 3.5 book, that it's older and has many old rules. I also know that it uses elements not in 3.5 like air, water, and earth, but I do love the book and it's variant style, so I'm going to update the classes, spells, and races for 3.5 as I go. I will keep the casting system the same if possible, perhaps using a special ability casters can activate in the morning to respec their spell list (which will effectively be a sorcerer spell list).

If anyone is already working on this, please tell me so we can confer on how best to go about it in HL.

Lawful_g January 24th, 2011 08:31 PM

Is that the book with the crusader class? If it is, I helped somebody with that class a couple months ago, but I can't remember his name and don't know how much he did or where you could find him. Sorry.

I hope you still take a crack at it, we are here to help.

Snowpaw January 25th, 2011 03:08 AM

No, it has Champion, Mage Blade, Oathsworn. It's an alternate player's handbook which does not include Elves as a playable race, but replaces them with Giants who are intelligent, kind, and honorable. It's a very interesting story. The Champion class is like a Paladin class MADE to be devoted to any cause, evil, balanced, or good. You can be a Champion of Life, Champion of Death, or even a Champion of Balance, I think. Very versitile.

Lawful_g January 25th, 2011 03:56 AM

I might have misremembered the name of the class. I do remember it was a fighter type class that got powers based on what "domain" or whatnot they devoted themselves to. Including light, dark, death and half a dozen other things.

Sendric January 25th, 2011 05:06 AM

Just looking through the data files, it looks like the was some work done on Unearthed Arcana (Drow, Elf and Human Paragon). I don't recall when these were done, and it might have been before I jumped on board. It would seem to me that UA could certainly use some work and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lawful_g January 25th, 2011 05:31 AM

I did those, but he is not talking about Unearthed Arcana, he is talking about a different book, Arcana Unearthed. Confusion commence!

Sendric January 25th, 2011 06:20 AM

Did you know you can't post just "Bah!" I just found out.

Anyway, BAH!

Lawful_g January 25th, 2011 01:47 PM

Did you know you can't just post "Yep"? I found out long ago.

Yep.

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer January 25th, 2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 50965)
I did those, but he is not talking about Unearthed Arcana, he is talking about a different book, Arcana Unearthed. Confusion commence!

Especially for those of us who remember the original Unearthed Arcana with which the new Arcana Unearthed bears a stronger resemblance, in my opinion, than the new Unearthed Arcana does. :D

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer
:)

Kendall-DM January 26th, 2011 12:30 AM

Just curious, have the base monsters from MM1 been added? I'm fixing to DL this thing tomorrow and was just curious.

Lawful_g January 26th, 2011 01:02 AM

As you know, some of them have been officially entered (mostly those that are on summoning lists, or that can be animal companions or familiars). In the custom community files all those are replaced with new versions that have been corrected (mostly minor things). There are also other monster races from MM1 I've entered, but only at my whim and need. I'm actually going through and working on entering more right now, the next version of the files (hopefully released in the next week or two) should have about 20 more monsters than the current batch.

Kendall-DM January 27th, 2011 09:04 PM

I'd have no problem helping you out with this Lawful_g, once I get the hang of the whole process. May take a little while, but I have the time when I'm at home. I'm already trying out a slightly different approach to monsters, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Thiles Targon February 1st, 2011 06:09 PM

Update

Any idea when the Ultimate Mage update is coming?

Lawful_g February 1st, 2011 06:24 PM

Is there something in particular you need from there? We don't do whole books as a rule, but I can often handle requests for specific things.

ShadowChemosh February 1st, 2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thiles Targon (Post 51351)
Any idea when the Ultimate Mage update is coming?

That is my fault it is taking so long. I keep getting little time to finish the testing and putting everything together that the other editors have worked so hard to do.

It is coming never fear and working on how to improve the whole process...

Thiles Targon February 5th, 2011 07:07 AM

@Lawful g – Sorry, I meant the Ultimate Magus Prestige Class

@ShadowChemosh – No need to Apologize! I’m so grateful for all the work everyone has put into this!

Lawful_g February 6th, 2011 02:34 AM

Who was working on the Ultimate Magus class? Are you here?

Snowpaw February 6th, 2011 08:18 AM

Alright, I now have Hero Lab, I'm going to start work on adding in Arcana Unearthed content soon, however I am almost certain I will need help on it. I'm almost sure there are things like Spellfire that are very hard to add via the normal editor and will require XML coding to work properly, knowledge of which I have none.

On another note. Can someone please add Spellfire if at all possible? It's in The Magic of Faerun.

EDIT: Ran into a problem. I need to basically add another spellcaster type and a few special rules for spellcasting. AU casters ALL cast the same way, no difference between divine and arcane. Also, they cast both like a sorcerer and a wizard. Every day they pick a spell list and ready those spells, then they're able to cast them spontaneously. They can also split and combine spell slots in a process called weaving. Probably the last problem with this is the different spell classes. Simple, Complex, and Exotic. All casters get simple, and must take feats to get each level of complex spells. Exotic spells are ones you need a feat to just cast a specific one of. Magisters get all complex spells though. I don't know how in the world this could be added...

Snowpaw February 6th, 2011 08:59 AM

I'm getting a weird bug on Duskblade. I'm getting bonus 0 level spells KNOWN for high int mod and I have no idea why. Here's what I have enabled:

Open Content from Unearthed Arcana
PH2
Magic Item Compendium
Spell Compendium

That's all. Anyone know why I'm getting these bonus 0-level spells known? I'm supposed to have all four from the start and not get any more because all Duskblades know is 4.

IamtheEvilTwin February 6th, 2011 12:24 PM

A Few things:

First off, thanks for all the work on the 3.5 source books it has been useful as my current group is starting to delve outside the core rules.

Minor Bug: The Knight Class (PHB2) did not seem to properly add the first full level of HD to the character's HP total. (Although the character was an Aasimaar, so that may have something to do with it.)

My Contribution: Since none of the classes/prestige classes for Race of the Dragon have been added and I had someone who started taking levels of the Dragon Devotee PrC, I created a basic DDev PrC.

It will do the job, but there are a few shortcuts that I took because I am just learning the Hero Lab Editor system.

-The only combat technique option is for Bonus Fighter feats...I am unsure how to create a choice between Fighter Feats and Rogue Sneak +d6
-I could not find a way to add the Magic Fang and Greater Magic Fang to the spell list.

Here is a link to it if you want to give it a whirl: RotD Dragon Devotee.user

ShadowChemosh February 6th, 2011 01:04 PM

Hey All,

If we could keep this thread clean for just Info about releases of the community created data set I would really appreciate it.

We have a thread that is specifically made for User Content Bug Reports . It can also be found at the top of the d20 forum.

If you wish to contribute please see THIS forum for where we talk about user projects.

If you have things to add please email them to me at ShadowChemosh(at)yahoo(dot)com or ShadowChemosh(at)google(dot)com. Its very easy for me to miss things posted to a thread.

Thanks

risner February 6th, 2011 01:49 PM

I could use some help from LawfulG or ShadowChemosh.

I've got a couple gating issues that are preventing me from integrating my changes:

1) I can't seem to find the timing to modify a Special (in the special tab) and have the change print on the character sheet? (This is blocking me adding the Druid changes to the PHB 3.5 Wild Shape in D20 data set.)

2) How do you set a default value to a class special in the class tab that has an option to choose? It defaults to "-No Selection-". I need to make an if that "field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0" then I need to choose for the user. I don't know how. The selection is based on a User. tag?

3) Should we be directing bug reports to the WolfLair bug report thread? Or to a specific thread for community stuff?

ShadowChemosh February 7th, 2011 10:14 AM

Answered your stuff in THIS thread.

Would really like to keep this clean for just announcements of releases.

Thanks