Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Printing Content (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=48282)

taxboy February 13th, 2014 07:23 PM

Printing Content

I would like to print off content like maps and session notes etc - is there a way to do this, or save to pdf?

pyremius February 13th, 2014 07:40 PM

Not currently. It's on the list to be done, but I believe not until after the product is shipping.

taxboy February 13th, 2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyremius (Post 175729)
Not currently. It's on the list to be done, but I believe not until after the product is shipping.

Cool, i can wait

pyremius February 14th, 2014 05:02 AM

Yep. Some handouts are just better live. Also, many of my players don't use computers at the table, so if they discover a spellbook or particularly complex magic item they've never used before, having that material as a supplement would be better then halting the whole game while a character sheet gets updated and reprinted.

thedarkelf007 February 14th, 2014 02:09 PM

Use a second monitor as you can display the item and all its abilities (they have discovered) on the second screen with things like maps explored to date and list of plot points they have discovered that are important to the game.

Once I started using the second monitor, I have done a lot less printing.

EightBitz February 15th, 2014 09:24 AM

I would also like the ability to print.

Grey Mage February 15th, 2014 11:57 AM

+1 to this....

Aleslosh February 15th, 2014 12:58 PM

The ability to Print would be great. Especially if you're able to configure the export to be like a printed module (or book, for those of us who plan to use the RW software as a Mind Mapping tool) or individual excerpts.

uriel222 February 18th, 2014 01:35 PM

I was just thinking this! I'm using Realmworks to organize my campaign, but don't have a monitor set up at the gaming table, so the ability to "print" to a PDF for my iPad would be ideal!

Joe February 18th, 2014 02:10 PM

Printing will come, but it is not as high priority as other features. The main reason is that Realm Works data is meant to be used live at the table, so the GM can keep up to date with what they players have learned via progressive reveal.

When you print out a topic for example, you immediately lose out on a lot of powerful features Realm Works has to offer. Especially if you're already bringing it to your table on your iPad, we'd like to start leveraging the cloud so you can access your data in your iPad's browser. I'm pretty excited for that. :)

Again, that's not to say we won't be making printing available, or even that printing won't come until after everything else is done. But whatever we put into place will likely be basic and no-frills, at least for a while, since printed content is so different from the overall Realm Works vision.