Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   HL on ipad -> folder in root dropbox directory (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54354)

duhtroll November 25th, 2015 01:06 PM

HL on ipad -> folder in root dropbox directory

Hi -

While I am certain the answer to this question lies in my lack of experience with ipads and ios, I must nevertheless ask for help.

My HL ipad app formerly loaded all of my portfolios onto my ipad as intended. A few months ago I wanted to consolidate my local copies between google drive and dropbox and loaded my dropbox folder into my google drive. I lost the ability for the ipad to find the HL folder as a result, as I expected.

Well, now I need more storage and the prices are the same and I like dropbox better for storage, so I switched the folder back the way it was (user/name/dropbox) and can't get the ipad to cooperate in finding all my portfolios.

Every time I link the dropbox to the ipad (even after uninstall/reinstall of HL) the ipad creates a separate (empty) HL/pathfinder folder in the dropbox directory and not the dropbox/apps directory. Something must be wrong with a setting somewhere but I can't find it. Anyone able to explain it for me?

Thanks

ShadowChemosh November 25th, 2015 01:24 PM

As far as I know there is no settings and it should be placing it in the following folder path "Dropbox\Apps\Hero Lab\pathfinder". Unless something recently changed in the "Dropbox" app itself that is controlling this...

duhtroll November 25th, 2015 01:55 PM

Mine is creating dropbox/hero lab/pathfinder by default. That wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for not using the existing folder with all my pcs in it.

When I ask the ipad to seek out dropbox/apps/hero lab/pathfinder it doesn't load any portfolios even though they are all in that folder. I have to load and open them all manually "the old way."

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 219783)
As far as I know there is no settings and it should be placing it in the following folder path "Dropbox\Apps\Hero Lab\pathfinder". Unless something recently changed in the "Dropbox" app itself that is controlling this...

Colen November 25th, 2015 03:02 PM

I'm afraid we don't have any way of choosing the folder - all we do is tell Dropbox "give us the folder for the app with <Hero Lab's app id>". We don't have access to anything outside the "Hero Lab" folder that Dropbox gives us. :(

This might be something you want to get in touch with Dropbox support about, as I'm afraid there's nothing we can do on this end. Sorry!

duhtroll November 25th, 2015 03:31 PM

Alrighty then - thanks guys.

duhtroll November 25th, 2015 06:53 PM

Strangely enough, copying all of the portfolios into dropbox/hero lab/pathfinder enables the ipad to read everything just fine so I am going with that for now.

Colen November 26th, 2015 08:59 AM

Yeah, it sounds like Dropbox just got confused about where your folders should be? I have something like that going on myself - for some reason it wants to put my stuff under "Dropbox/Apps/Hero Lab (1)" instead of the normal folder. :(