Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warmachine & Hordes (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Hordes Version Post (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=7667)

thebutcher June 18th, 2008 09:19 AM

Hordes Version Post

After a long wait...version 2.0 is available!

This is the start of the Evolution updates. In 2.0 I've added all the new Warlocks from the four main factions and the new Heavy Alpha Warbeasts as well.

Aside from the new units, I've also started reworking the datafiles themselves. I learn new stuff in Army Builder every time I start digging around. The main change is the ability descriptions. I've started adding all the text descriptions to all the abilities, chain attacks, special actions and special attacks...as "Options". The cool thing about Options is that they have a "Foot Note" check. Now, there's an option on the print outs to either show the "Foot Note" options or not. So, now if you want the ability descriptions printed out on the bottom of your army list, just make sure the "Print Foot Notes" check is ... checked!. If you don't want the descriptions make sure it's not checked.

Evolution had some rules fixes and what-not at the back and I've also started to work on those as well.

I'm trying hard to get all the rest finished by the end of June. I'll be doing updates as I finish a Faction so expect five updates! As always, please let me know about any problems you're having and any composition errors, typos, etc you find in the data files.

Cheers,
Butcher

thebutcher June 23rd, 2008 08:25 AM

----------------------------2.1----------------------------
I uploaded 2.1 this weekend. It contains the Evolution additions for the Trollblood faction.
I'm going to work on the Skorne next and should have it up this week.

Post here or email me at datafileinfo at yahoo.com any errors.

Cheers,
Butcher!

thebutcher July 1st, 2008 06:50 PM

----------------------------2.2----------------------------
Uploaded this afternoon!
Has all the new Skorne units in Evolution

Cheers!

thebutcher July 3rd, 2008 06:40 AM

----------------------------2.3----------------------------
Uploaded last night!
Finished up the Legion, now I'm working on Circle and the minions.

Cheers!

thebutcher July 18th, 2008 08:16 PM

----------------------------2.4----------------------------
All done!
Uploaded earlier today. Orboros is finished and I've added all the minion units as well

Great gaming!
Butcher

Bosswald March 1st, 2009 01:30 AM

Any timeline on an update with Evolution and Metamorphasis? Just wondering, because there's a number of units and solos I field that aren't on the list yet. Thanks again for making such a useful tool for the hobby!

winged_human March 2nd, 2009 04:40 AM

Boss,
I've contacted the original author of the data file and it seems as though he is not responding to any of my inquiries. I have taken up the mantle and have begun the writing of a new data file for All of WM and Hordes to include Legends and Meta. Unfortunatly Last week I lost my HDD, and wasn't able to transfer any data off of it so I'm back to square one. I ask that you please be patient with me as I rebuild these files. Thanks

tomc300 May 31st, 2009 04:56 PM

Hey,

Any update on the new files? I know there is a lot of work to do, I have tried myself to build new files for the Flames of War system so I understand it does not happen overnight. But, it has been over 2 months after all.

I will say that having worked on AB3 myself, I really DO appreciate the work it takes.

winged_human June 1st, 2009 05:18 AM

Things are going slow right now for me... I've got a 4 month old, and am preparing for my first Convention as the Gaming Chair so I haven't had alot of time to work on this...

Hopefully after this month things will progress a bit faster for me.

thanks for the inquiry...

tomc300 June 3rd, 2009 04:33 PM

Mine are 14, 11, 8 and 5 (she was a surprise) so I know your pain. Never been Gaming Chair for a convention, but I was Staff for 3 Dixie Treks and 2 DragonCons, Long, LONG ago in a decade called the 80's.

Anyway, do what you need to do, and if you have any files that need to be debugged, send them to me at: tomc300@comcast.net and I will see what I can do.