Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm Works: Player Edition and Beyond (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49415)

zarlor May 23rd, 2014 06:27 AM

I know that there have been some strong feelings thrown your way prior to release, mostly due to slipping release dates. And I know you guys probably felt more than a little burned by that. To follow up post-release with an in-depth announcement and analysis like this, however, is exactly the reason I'll keep coming back to Realm Works. I love this kind of transparency and despise that there are folks out there that just don't have the patience to recognize that some things just take time and other things, like you've outlined here, greatly impact project plans.

Personally I think you guys should know that IMHO the vast majority of us are folks that fully understand and even appreciate this kind of openness. Delays are going to happen, but this kind of openness with your customers will keep us coming back for more, I think. Keep up the great work!

P.S. Go pay CapedCrusader to be a full time Savage Worlds dev in Hero Lab, while you're at it. ;)

Erdrix May 23rd, 2014 08:01 AM

I'm pretty damn happy with the program as it is now. I only have a few niggles, like saving certain settings between tabs that are only minor quality of life issues. So, do what you guys need to do and don't worry, you've got a solid product anything you do is just going to make it better.

TheScrivener May 23rd, 2014 03:02 PM

I don't know if I'm more impressed by the thorough and forthcoming update or the reasoned and understanding response from the users - you keep doing what you're doing, folks.
I'm disappointed in the delay of web-based functionality that I was planning on using for a Roll20 game, but workarounds are in place and I'm mostly thrilled just to be able to brainstorm and record my thoughts so easily.

Kendall-DM May 25th, 2014 09:24 AM

Sorry to hear about a developer leaving and the resulting bumps in the road. I should get my resume up to speed, even though I'm not really in a position to leave my current job anyhow. Just in case, you know.

In any case, you have a great product right now. Even at its current state its better than anything else out there. Kudos for that. But I would like to make the point you have done everything right so far. You haven't pushed the product out the door just to have the product out the door. You've taken your time and you've done it right, something that is lacking in the industry. Take you time. Do it right. Stick to those principals and you'll be on track regardless of the release timeline. We'll still be waiting loyally. :)

kate May 27th, 2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 183770)
We should have a much better handle on web-based player access in early July. Ideally (i.e. probably just my dreams), we'll have something limited starting to come online this summer that we'll continue evolving from there. But we'll have a much better sense of that possibility in 6-ish weeks.

Thanks, that's helpful, and I won't expect your dreams to come true, though I hope they do!

Two more questions on Player Edition that I can't find answered:

1) Will we be able to buy it as a gift for our players?

2) Will there be an option to upgrade Player Edition to the full version?

flamepulse June 6th, 2014 06:18 PM

from my understanding the player edition was free and could be upgraded. i dont eremmber where i saw that and i may have misread as well.

enrious June 6th, 2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamepulse (Post 184961)
from my understanding the player edition was free and could be upgraded. i dont eremmber where i saw that and i may have misread as well.

The web interface, using a browser will be.

The player version of the installable client will not be.

liz June 6th, 2014 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate (Post 184191)
Thanks, that's helpful, and I won't expect your dreams to come true, though I hope they do!

Two more questions on Player Edition that I can't find answered:

1) Will we be able to buy it as a gift for our players?

2) Will there be an option to upgrade Player Edition to the full version?

1) YES!

2) Let me confirm the answer and get back to you.

flamepulse June 6th, 2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrious (Post 184962)
The web interface, using a browser will be.

The player version of the installable client will not be.

ok, i thought i had remembered reading something about players being able to view for free

gloranphile June 7th, 2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flamepulse (Post 184980)
ok, i thought i had remembered reading something about players being able to view for free

My understanding is that viewing the information entered by the GM is free, but to add information (in a player journal, etc.) the player must make the minimum payment must be made. (Liz, feel free to throw me under the bus if this info is incorrect)! :D