Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sync Timeout (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62820)

ri_gamer June 20th, 2019 02:53 PM

Sync Timeout

So after waiting a month for a solution to not being able to open Real Works, i gave up and renamed my master realm. Now I am able to open the application again, but when attempting to sync I get a constant "Sync timed out" message. I've been a big fan of Realmworks and have hoped for the best. But I get the impression as a software engineer with many years of experience, that the product just is not ready for prime time.

kbs666 June 20th, 2019 08:22 PM

While this is highly annoying it has been resolved in the past. The issue was with very large snippets, IIRC.

Grey Mage June 20th, 2019 08:27 PM

I just started getting this (again).

I have not really imported any new data or increased any snippets. It just starts to sync and then times out after about 3-5 seconds. No activity on the bar at all.

Anyone else seeing this in the past couple of days? Because it just started for me 2 days ago. Before that I was syncing fine...

gloves June 21st, 2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_gamer (Post 279796)
So after waiting a month for a solution to not being able to open Real Works, i gave up and renamed my master realm. Now I am able to open the application again, but when attempting to sync I get a constant "Sync timed out" message. I've been a big fan of Realmworks and have hoped for the best. But I get the impression as a software engineer with many years of experience, that the product just is not ready for prime time.

i've the same problem. can you tell me that you could to solve it? if yes, how can i do solve sync problem?
thanks ...

meek75 June 21st, 2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_gamer (Post 279796)

Disappointed to hear that customer service is living down to its rep again. Things had gotten better for a little while and I was hearing better things. This is a busy time of year for the folks at LWD due to lots of conventions and that is probably a lot of the reason for the slow response time. However, there is no acceptable excuse for leaving an issue unanswered that long. Fear over losing access to my realms is one of my biggest issues with RW.

daplunk June 21st, 2019 01:46 PM

I'm guessing Rone has moved on due to the success of the Grimmerspace Kickstarter campaign.

Decapus June 22nd, 2019 11:01 AM

I am having the same problem. Does anyone know if this is being fixed, or what I have to do to fix the problem myself?

Grey Mage June 22nd, 2019 11:47 AM

Did a quick check using two different ISPs... one is a 100 up/down fiber... still timing out before it even gets to the progress bar... about 10-15 seconds on my laptop. I am starting to think this is on LWD's end... anyone else notice this in the past 3-5 days?

ri_gamer June 22nd, 2019 11:56 AM

I opened a ticket. it was 'referred to the dev team'

Silveras June 22nd, 2019 12:02 PM

I have also been seeing this and opened a ticket.

Decapus June 24th, 2019 02:57 AM

And how can i open a ticket, or is it enough that you guys opened one?

ri_gamer June 24th, 2019 05:20 AM

I would submit one so they know it's not isolated, so far all I've heard is crickets.

https://sales.lonewolfdevel.com/Supp...ern=Bug_Report

or support@wolflair.com

Silveras June 24th, 2019 09:51 AM

Just because it is the same message in the end, that does not mean it is the same problem... so it is always, always best to open a Ticket rather than hope someone else opened one that solves your issue.

The bug report link changed recently, it is now on the Contact Us page.

nightpanda2810 June 28th, 2019 03:46 AM

Same thing here. Multiple PC's and internet connections. Only happening on my realm that has all of the Pathfinder content imported, so it's a huge one.

ri_gamer June 29th, 2019 01:07 PM

I'm had to fall back to copying my master realm from pc to pc. Sort of regretting paying for the cloud service now. Worked ok before I had to pay for it, isn't it supposed to be the other way round?

Silveras July 8th, 2019 08:20 AM

I just have to point out that the longer this goes on, the less incentive there is for a GM to try to use Realm Works to share data with the players.. because he can't.

As it stands now, I cannot urge my players to adopt Realm Works player edition.

BubbaDave July 10th, 2019 09:11 AM

Uggh. What the hell did I just pay for their cloud service for if I can't sync my realms?

daplunk July 10th, 2019 07:04 PM

You can sync... assuming you don't have a bug with your realm, in which case you should contact support.

Twistedtechmike July 14th, 2019 09:25 AM

It's even better when you can't login due to Account Connection Errors.

BubbaDave July 14th, 2019 04:57 PM

Emailed support and they asked a few questions and had me download a small program and send them a file. I was informed they handed it off to the Devs. So now I wait.

BubbaDave July 22nd, 2019 11:30 AM

So it's been three weeks since it started happening and I notified RW of the problem. I gave them every thing they asked for including a copy of my master realm and nothing. I'm starting to think that paying for cloud service was a waste of money.

Anyone else received a better response or is syncing [assuming the "Sync Timed Out" message]?

Ryan F July 22nd, 2019 02:43 PM

Hello BubbaDave,

I am looking into your situation now and updating your report email with more pertinent info as well as advising our dev team on your situation.

We are sorry for the wait that anyone has been dealing with in regard to these types of problems, they are particularly time-consuming to review and manually correct but if anyone has been waiting for an excessively long time please feel free to reach out to us via <Support@wolflair.com> and we can check in on your situation.

--
Ryan Furnas
Lone Wolf Development Support - support@wolflair.com
http://www.wolflair.com

Decapus July 23rd, 2019 10:06 AM

I'm in the same situation, and i'm trying to be patient, but i'm also starting to think it was a waste of money :-(

MadPassion July 23rd, 2019 05:21 PM

Have the same problem.

I also have the same problem, have done everything requested, and am getting a bit frustrated.

Lj Stephens July 23rd, 2019 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan F (Post 280407)
Hello BubbaDave,

I am looking into your situation now and updating your report email with more pertinent info as well as advising our dev team on your situation.

We are sorry for the wait that anyone has been dealing with in regard to these types of problems, they are particularly time-consuming to review and manually correct but if anyone has been waiting for an excessively long time please feel free to reach out to us via <Support@wolflair.com> and we can check in on your situation.

--
Ryan Furnas
Lone Wolf Development Support - support@wolflair.com
http://www.wolflair.com

Thanks for your continuing patience folks, we're on it and working as fast as we can.

Asandir July 25th, 2019 06:48 PM

Yeah, I just started experiencing this issue tonight. It is after I imported the Rise of the Runelords content into an existing realm that I was building to run Rise and/or Ironfang Invasion.

nightpanda2810 July 26th, 2019 09:47 AM

I got a response about 2 weeks ago, provided all info requested plus additional info.

I'm assuming they're super busy with GenCon and PF2 release coming up, so I'm being patient.

Lj Stephens July 26th, 2019 11:51 AM

Thank you, Night Panda. You are correct, and we do appreciate your patience. Going as fast as we can.:D

Asandir August 5th, 2019 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asandir (Post 280487)
Yeah, I just started experiencing this issue tonight. It is after I imported the Rise of the Runelords content into an existing realm that I was building to run Rise and/or Ironfang Invasion.

I now have two realms that won't sync. I haven't submitted anything at this point, as I have been kind of waiting to see where this thread goes.

kbs666 August 5th, 2019 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asandir (Post 280910)
I now have two realms that won't sync. I haven't submitted anything at this point, as I have been kind of waiting to see where this thread goes.

From the sound of it these problem might bespecific to each persons realm/database. You probably should send in bug reports on it.

Ualaa August 9th, 2019 08:13 AM

Twice, I've had my only realm not able to sync.
In both cases, on it's own and without an update, they were inexplicably able to sync at some point.

The first time it was four or five days that it wouldn't sync.
The second time it was about a week, and the tech guy wanted the error message from the sync failure (it wouldn't sync in the morning before work, but it did in the evening when I was going for the exact message...)

I'm not saying that your case will fix itself, but without any server updates, twice it's fixed itself without changes to the realm on my end or a change to the RW version.

ri_gamer August 18th, 2019 08:08 AM

So, three months and counting and still unable to sync. I understand the challenges of a small development shop, but customers unable to use a service that has been paid for should be a higher priority. Since Realm Works seems to have taken a back seat to HL Online, I will not be renewing my subscription.

Lj Stephens August 18th, 2019 09:25 AM

Hi Ri! This sounds like there may be some challenge that we should be able to help you overcome. Have you written to Support@wolflair.com? If not, please do so, and we'll see what we can do to get you back in sync. Thanks!

Farling August 18th, 2019 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj Stephens (Post 281339)
Hi Ri! This sounds like there may be some challenge that we should be able to help you overcome. Have you written to Support@wolflair.com? If not, please do so, and we'll see what we can do to get you back in sync. Thanks!

He is the OP, who says he sent in a request a month before the OP.

Silveras August 18th, 2019 02:22 PM

He's also not the only one. After supplying my db twice, the ticket is still open and there has been no update in some time.

Grey Mage August 18th, 2019 06:40 PM

Same here... multiple DbgView log/master realm uploads and still being looked at by the Devs...

EightBitz August 18th, 2019 07:48 PM

Having the same issue with one of my realms.

BubbaDave August 20th, 2019 02:22 PM

3:20 PM, PST — August 20th

My realm has successfully synced! Hopefully everyone with problems will have their situations resolved shortly.

Grey Mage August 20th, 2019 06:20 PM

Bubba, did they have to do something to your realm or was it a server side only fix?

Silveras August 20th, 2019 07:20 PM

After seeing BubbaDave's message, I tried my broken realm just now and it also worked.

Nothing was required from my side; it just "suddenly worked again", so it appears to have been fixed server-side.