Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Designer's Diary Articles (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=57456)

BJ January 17th, 2017 09:20 PM

Designer's Diary Articles

We've added a new form of "news" to our website in the form of a Designer's Diary blog! These articles will focus on tutorials, tips, tricks and other useful information on how to use Realm Works.

The first two entries are live now, go check them out!

MNBlockHead January 17th, 2017 10:04 PM

Nice! I like this new feature. It is nice to have well-written, nicely laid out instructional material that doesn't require open a file in a PDF reader or MS Word. I'm looking forward to more Designer's Diary posts.

daplunk January 17th, 2017 10:56 PM

Excellent.

As a suggestion can we get some detailed information about the advanced import options with some test cases of the way we can expect the data to change based on the choices made.

rob January 17th, 2017 11:10 PM

I'm working on this stuff as fast as I can while still getting everything else done. :) Covering the advanced options is definitely one of the planned subjects, although it might actually end up being multiple articles. Coming up with material that is clear, concise, and not ridiculously technical is proving to be a lot more time-consuming than I first anticipated!

daplunk January 17th, 2017 11:43 PM

Mate as someone who managed it service desks for many many years and worked daily to improve the knowledge articles.. I really enjoyed the write ups :) they would have passed our QA checks.

rob January 17th, 2017 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 241859)
I'm working on this stuff as fast as I can while still getting everything else done. :) Covering the advanced options is definitely one of the planned subjects, although it might actually end up being multiple articles. Coming up with material that is clear, concise, and not ridiculously technical is proving to be a lot more time-consuming than I first anticipated!

Oh, and lest I forget, not a zillion pages long. :)

kbs666 January 18th, 2017 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 241859)

Ridiculously technical is ok if it is detail on the why or how of the process. The more we understand of that stuff the better we know what is and isn't possible.

MaxSupernova January 18th, 2017 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob (Post 241870)
Oh, and lest I forget, not a zillion pages long. :)

"I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter." - Pascal

Exmortis January 18th, 2017 09:10 AM

I have not yet used the export/import feature.

But reading these, you have made a complex undertaking simple and easy.
With a few mouse clicks!

Great work, on both the features and new instructions.

MNBlockHead January 18th, 2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxSupernova (Post 241906)
"I have made this longer than usual because I have not had time to make it shorter." - Pascal

I've always seen that quote attributed to Mark Twain, using in the form of "I would have written a shorter letter, but I didn't have the time."

Time to hit up Google for some answers!