Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Pathfinder Bug Reports - Version 4.10 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11575)

Yaourth October 28th, 2010 07:55 AM

Pathfinder Bug Reports - Version 4.10

Good to see the Total Gear value in this update !!
And the included popup is very useful ! Thanks a lot for it !

In the (probably already known) bugs, it seems Hlab see two times an item when he has the Mwk quality : one time for the base item and one time for the mwk item, but both have the mwk price.

Another error in this value, the ammos price is set to a complete pack (20 for arrows, 10 for bolts)... if a player just have One Arrow of Fire +1, the system add the price for 20 of them.

i hope i'm clear... ;)

areteas October 28th, 2010 08:28 AM

Celestial Armor (magic chainmail, counts as light) has the 'slowing' effect as if it were medium armor. Elven Chain (another chainmail that counts as light) doesn't share this problem, nor does custom Chainmail with the Mithril material added.

Jim.DiGriz October 28th, 2010 08:35 AM

HL is allowing the +1 natural armor bonuses from the Ironhide feat and the 2nd level Monk of the Sacred Mountain class ability to stack. According to RAW they should not.

Mathias October 28th, 2010 09:11 AM

Pathfinder Bug Reports - Version 4.10

(a bug reports thread for the 10/28/10 update)

rashidali October 28th, 2010 09:52 AM

Bard Archetype

The bard archetype, Archivist, has the same explanation as the Arcane Duelist in its text: "A master of the martial applications of steel and spell, the spellsword blends both into a lethal combination."

It should say: "Some bards greatly prefer academic pursuits to the drama (and sometimes melodrama) of their artistic brethren."

silverhair2012 October 29th, 2010 04:45 AM

HIDE sHIRT pROBLEM.

I noticed that adding a Hide Shirt (which is Light Armor) to my Half-orc Druid imposes a speed penalty which it should not. A Hide Shirt is listed in the custom armor section of HL. HL shows it as Light Armor but still imposes the speed penalty.

Vrischika111 October 29th, 2010 04:53 AM

for my fighter PC (an 1/2 Orc beastmaster - which gives whip as martial weapon), when I add a masterwork weapon, the Whip is greyed out, saying I'm not proficient.

Once the magic/masterwork weapon is configured however, it behaves properly (the PC is considered proficient).

also the above PC is displayed as not proficient in scorpion whip (but it should, as it's treated liek a whip)

neurotopia October 29th, 2010 07:34 AM

no allowable races for ranger companion?

maybe i'm doing something wrong, but when i attempt to add an animal companion for my ranger, all of the possible races (i.e. animal types) are grayed out. and some races are missing entirely (e.g. wolf).

is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? i apologize in advance if this is a product of user error.

ShadowChemosh October 29th, 2010 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverhair2012 (Post 46541)
I noticed that adding a Hide Shirt (which is Light Armor) to my Half-orc Druid imposes a speed penalty which it should not. A Hide Shirt is listed in the custom armor section of HL. HL shows it as Light Armor but still imposes the speed penalty.

Check your weight as this is the most common reason people report this issue. Being medium encumbered causes a speed reduction and a armor check penalty.

ShadowChemosh October 29th, 2010 09:26 AM

Not really a bug, but a small change request. The Spherewalker PrC(thingid.cPFSphere) is marked to the Rise of the Runelords AP. The thing is while it came out during that AP its not specific to that AP. Its linked to Desna not the AP. Can this be changed to not be source marked to the AP?

Also the Desc says "Must have at least two of the following skills at 5 ranks or more" but it should read "Must have at least two of the following skills at 2 ranks or more". The Pre-Reqs scripts are correct in looking for 2 ranks not 5.

Thanks

silverhair2012 October 29th, 2010 09:48 AM

Boy do I feel dumb. It is the encumbrance that is affecting the speed. Usually when I GM I don't mess with encumbrance. Thanks for the heads up.:o

neurotopia October 29th, 2010 10:48 AM

the feat description of acrobatics is actually the item description for what looks like a modified version of the staff of the magi.

rashidali October 29th, 2010 10:48 PM

The feat Greater Elemental Focus is not grayed out if you do not possess the prerequisite.

Maidhc O Casain October 30th, 2010 03:55 AM

I have a character with Combat Expertise activated. I'm getting a validation error stating that it cannot be combined with Fighting Defensively or Total Defense, even though I do not have either of these conditions activated.

ShadowChemosh October 30th, 2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 46578)
I have a character with Combat Expertise activated. I'm getting a validation error stating that it cannot be combined with Fighting Defensively or Total Defense, even though I do not have either of these conditions activated.

Just an FYI when this gets fixed that one can combine Combat Expertise with Fighting Defensively. Its only Total Defense and Combat Expertise that can not be combined. All the modifiers and penalties stack.

Hendel October 30th, 2010 11:43 AM

Did I do something wrong?

Once I loaded Hero Lab after the 4.1 update It says:

BEGIN

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occured:

File: pf_GeneralAdjustments.user (line 37) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pBearEndur')
File: pf_GeneralAdjustments.user (line 176) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pHaste')
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.

END

When you click the link it brings you to this C:\HeroLab\data\pathfinder\timing.xml

It has a long list of abilities, spells, and conditions. I do not know enough to know what I am supposed to do next. Is this just my version or is this a bug out there in general?

ShadowChemosh October 30th, 2010 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendel (Post 46591)
File: pf_GeneralAdjustments.user (line 37) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pBearEndur')
File: pf_GeneralAdjustments.user (line 176) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('pHaste')

You need to remove the pf_GeneralAdjustments.user from "herolab\data\pathfinder" folder. It's not really needed anymore as the spells and adjustments it added are now been added officially. Once removed just reload HL and you should be good to go again.

Hendel October 30th, 2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 46592)
You need to remove the pf_GeneralAdjustments.user from "herolab\data\pathfinder" folder. It's not really needed anymore as the spells and adjustments it added are now been added officially. Once removed just reload HL and you should be good to go again.

Great that worked.

I have another issue when I try and load a certain character (Gnome Sorcerer) using the "Open Portfolio" under File. It gives me a message that says something like this (it istoo long to type and will not let me copy and paste it).

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio!

Critical information not found in data files: Source Volume 'SpellAdjus'
Pick 'pBullStr' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '86'
Pick 'pCatsGrace' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '87'
Pick 'pFlanking' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '88'
Pick 'pPrayerA' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '90'
Pick 'pPrayerF' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '91'
Pick 'pS2AntHaul' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '92'
Pick 'pS2Enlarge' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '93'

etc...

It goes down to
Pick 'pSttlDefe' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '100'

Did I just royally mess things up with the new download or is this happening a lot? If it is happening to everyone, is there a place where the fixes are listed so I do not have to keep bothering you guys?

Thanks!

ShadowChemosh October 30th, 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hendel (Post 46593)
Great that worked.

I have another issue when I try and load a certain character (Gnome Sorcerer) using the "Open Portfolio" under File. It gives me a message that says something like this (it istoo long to type and will not let me copy and paste it)....

HL is just letting you know that the those Things are gone. That was some of the effects in the file you removed. They are NOT needed or required for your character.

Simple make any change, even adding a space to your name, and then save the character again. The next time you won't see those messages again and you can simply use the official versions of the effects now.

ValaraukarU October 30th, 2010 08:25 PM

I think the Haunted Oracle's Curse is assigning the Ghost Sound bonus spell incorrectly. Ghost sound is a level 0 spell, but is listed as a Level 1 spell on the Oracle spell list.

lothar_wolf October 30th, 2010 09:46 PM

Can someone else confirm this as well. I was just creating a 25point PC Human Bard and I have checked the free upbring feat but it only gives the character 2 feats. I would have thought it should be 3 feats.

Silveras October 31st, 2010 04:08 PM

A few things

I see skill tricks in the Pathfinder options, but they are a 3.5 thing that I do not believe is OGL.

I see "Craft: Armor" twice in the skill picklists.

Ignore, my error: Traits do not seem to be working correctly, at least the APG ones. The allowed number is 0 for any NPC I am creating.

goose9669 November 1st, 2010 09:23 AM

Skills for the Eidolon

For the summoners Eidolon on page 59 of the APG it states that "the summoner can choose 4 additional skills to be class skills for his eidolon". I can not find a way to assign these extra skills. Bug, or operator error?

Luke

blackdiamond925 November 1st, 2010 09:47 AM

Lion Shaman from APG

The Lion Shaman is giving Lion Wild Shape at 2nd level, instead of 6th level. My guess is it's set incorrectly at Level 4, minus 2 levels instead of Level 4, plus 2 levels.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaourth (Post 46490)
Good to see the Total Gear value in this update !!
And the included popup is very useful ! Thanks a lot for it !

In the (probably already known) bugs, it seems Hlab see two times an item when he has the Mwk quality : one time for the base item and one time for the mwk item, but both have the mwk price.

Another error in this value, the ammos price is set to a complete pack (20 for arrows, 10 for bolts)... if a player just have One Arrow of Fire +1, the system add the price for 20 of them.

i hope i'm clear... ;)

I've fixed the masterwork issue, and put the ammo issue on my to-do list. Thanks for reporting these.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by areteas (Post 46494)
Celestial Armor (magic chainmail, counts as light) has the 'slowing' effect as if it were medium armor. Elven Chain (another chainmail that counts as light) doesn't share this problem, nor does custom Chainmail with the Mithril material added.

Fixed in the next update, thanks for the report.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim.DiGriz (Post 46495)
HL is allowing the +1 natural armor bonuses from the Ironhide feat and the 2nd level Monk of the Sacred Mountain class ability to stack. According to RAW they should not.

Unfortunately, proper stacking of natural armor is not currently something that can be handled properly by HL, but it is on my to-do list.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashidali (Post 46503)
The bard archetype, Archivist, has the same explanation as the Arcane Duelist in its text: "A master of the martial applications of steel and spell, the spellsword blends both into a lethal combination."

It should say: "Some bards greatly prefer academic pursuits to the drama (and sometimes melodrama) of their artistic brethren."

Mathias November 1st, 2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrischika111 (Post 46544)
for my fighter PC (an 1/2 Orc beastmaster - which gives whip as martial weapon), when I add a masterwork weapon, the Whip is greyed out, saying I'm not proficient.

Once the magic/masterwork weapon is configured however, it behaves properly (the PC is considered proficient).

also the above PC is displayed as not proficient in scorpion whip (but it should, as it's treated liek a whip)

There's something very wierd going on here that's keeping this from working. I've put this on my to-do list. Fortuntaely, it's still properly checking them once added to the hero. Thanks for reporting this.

Status Update: fixed in the next update.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neurotopia (Post 46552)
maybe i'm doing something wrong, but when i attempt to add an animal companion for my ranger, all of the possible races (i.e. animal types) are grayed out. and some races are missing entirely (e.g. wolf).

is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? i apologize in advance if this is a product of user error.

While you're in that list, if you select an animal that should be on the Ranger's list (single click to look at it, rather than double-click to add it), it will give you an error message in red among the text - what's that saying?

If I add 4 levels of Ranger to a blank character, select Animal Companion as a Hunter's Bond, then add the companion, switch there, and select a race, there are many races available to the companion, and scrolling down all the way, the Wolf is there.

Oh yeah - on your main character, make sure "Don't Restrict Companion Race" isn't selected - that's not currently working correctly for animal companions.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 46558)
Not really a bug, but a small change request. The Spherewalker PrC(thingid.cPFSphere) is marked to the Rise of the Runelords AP. The thing is while it came out during that AP its not specific to that AP. Its linked to Desna not the AP. Can this be changed to not be source marked to the AP?

Also the Desc says "Must have at least two of the following skills at 5 ranks or more" but it should read "Must have at least two of the following skills at 2 ranks or more". The Pre-Reqs scripts are correct in looking for 2 ranks not 5.

Thanks

Because the class was added in Pathfinder #2 (part of Rise of the Runelords), the class should be attached to that source - that way, if a person who doesn't own any Rise of the Runelords books is using HL, they can unselect that source, and they won't see a class they don't have the reference material for.

The fact that prereq text is part of the description is actually a problem - I've changed styles for the description text for classes - now I count on the prereqs themselves to provide that information, and just stick to the class' flavor text. Going back and fixing this sort of thing for all the SRD material is on my to-do list.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neurotopia (Post 46562)
the feat description of acrobatics is actually the item description for what looks like a modified version of the staff of the magi.

I'm afraid I can't duplicate this - my copy has the correct description text for the Acrobatic feat. Was it possible that your mouse had slid over a staff of the magi that was on your character?

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rashidali (Post 46575)
The feat Greater Elemental Focus is not grayed out if you do not possess the prerequisite.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mowgli (Post 46578)

Oops, I forgot to make these always valid if you don't have fighting defensively/total defense active. I've fixed that for the next update.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValaraukarU (Post 46609)
I think the Haunted Oracle's Curse is assigning the Ghost Sound bonus spell incorrectly. Ghost sound is a level 0 spell, but is listed as a Level 1 spell on the Oracle spell list.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lothar_wolf (Post 46617)
Can someone else confirm this as well. I was just creating a 25point PC Human Bard and I have checked the free upbring feat but it only gives the character 2 feats. I would have thought it should be 3 feats.

The "Free Upbringing Feat" option works by making one feat from the Upbringing category (all the examples of that category are in the Rise of the Runelords adventure path BTW) free, rather than by adding an extra feat slot.

If youg GM is allowing a bonus feat, you can go to the Personal tab, and in the Permanent Adjustments list at the bottom, select the "Feats, Total" adjustment and set it to +1.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goose9669 (Post 46658)
Skills for the Eidolon

For the summoners Eidolon on page 59 of the APG it states that "the summoner can choose 4 additional skills to be class skills for his eidolon". I can not find a way to assign these extra skills. Bug, or operator error?

Luke

These are currently added on the Personal tab - the Permanent Adjustments table - select 4 copies of the "Class Skill" adjustment.

Mathias November 1st, 2010 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackdiamond925 (Post 46659)
The Lion Shaman is giving Lion Wild Shape at 2nd level, instead of 6th level. My guess is it's set incorrectly at Level 4, minus 2 levels instead of Level 4, plus 2 levels.

An animal shaman druid gets the ability to wild shape into their totem animal at 2nd level, but other uses of wild shape are delayed to 6th level.

Maidhc O Casain November 1st, 2010 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neurotopia (Post 46562)

Matthias, you've addressed this by stating that you couldn't duplicate it. Just wanted you to know that the description in my copy of HL also appears as a magic item similar to what neurotopia describes.

Description text begins:

"This crystalline blue-white staff fell from the sky during a dazzling display of falling stars."

goose9669 November 1st, 2010 07:44 PM

Thank you. I don't think i would have ever stumbled onto that with out you.

Luke G