Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   HLO Timeline (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59118)

talsharien September 3rd, 2017 09:41 AM

HLO Timeline

I have observed a lot of speculation, complaining and discussion around what HLO will and won't be. I have also read the FAQ which answers a few questions quite nicely.

For something as big as this however which has caused as much contention as I have witnessed, it would be nice to have some constructive input from Lone Wolf about what is actually happening, when it is likely to happen and perhaps a little more involvement in the discussions which are taking place.

Just my thoughts and I really hope that HLO does what it needs to do moving forward :)

talsharien September 5th, 2017 05:23 AM

Anytime soon LW, I mean it is not as if you are losing customers or anything !!!!

daplunk September 5th, 2017 05:37 AM

What is actually happening and when is it likely to happen:

Quote:

In late September, we'll be launching Hero Lab Online for Starfinder as an Open Beta. We'll start out with a limited number of users and then increase that number in the weeks that follow. Character creation should be complete at launch, but starship creation and certain other features may not be fully in place at that time. As is customary with an Open Beta, everyone that participates will need to purchase the product to continue using it once the Beta period concludes.

Sign-ups for participation in the Open Beta will begin at some point in September. Stay tuned for complete details. They will be posted prior to the sign-up period and will appear in our newsletter, on our support forums, and across our social media feeds.
LWD are where they need to be. In front of their computers developing the tools and content that we all want to try ourselves.

talsharien September 5th, 2017 08:31 AM

Yes.... I have read this also, do you work for LWD?

Toblakai September 5th, 2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talsharien (Post 255473)
Yes.... I have read this also, do you work for LWD?

He is not, you can tell this if you look under a forum users name it will have Lone Wolf Staff under it when they are employees.

Alewis September 5th, 2017 08:51 AM

They're not very good at PR, which is fine, but they don't get to be mad at us for speculating when they make announcements with no details. This, plus the "features" of HLO don't appeal to most customers give the impression that they don't know their customer-base at all.

Duggan September 5th, 2017 09:36 AM

In general, I haven't seen them get too mad about speculation. I've seen Rob get a little irritated when people were stating speculation as fact, but in general, they seem to understand our uncertainty.

And yeah, the public side of things can be a bit sparse. I compare it to Green Ronin. Small staffs and focused people means it's hard to wrest someone away to write press updates, let alone answer every question.

EightBitz September 5th, 2017 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 255485)
In general, I haven't seen them get too mad about speculation. I've seen Rob get a little irritated when people were stating speculation as fact, but in general, they seem to understand our uncertainty.

And yeah, the public side of things can be a bit sparse. I compare it to Green Ronin. Small staffs and focused people means it's hard to wrest someone away to write press updates, let alone answer every question.

In most situations, that's fine. When it comes to changing the paradigm for their flagship product in which many of their customers have invested hundreds of dollars each, there needs to be a better effort.

Toblakai September 5th, 2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alewis (Post 255477)
This, plus the "features" of HLO don't appeal to most customers give the impression that they don't know their customer-base at all.

Source? Or just anecdotal evidence from the Vocal Forum Users? All the people I play with so far are excited for the features. I am very excited about the potential.

Alewis September 5th, 2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toblakai (Post 255488)
Source? Or just anecdotal evidence from the Vocal Forum Users? All the people I play with so far are excited for the features. I am very excited about the potential.

Fair enough.

What features are they excited about?

I can see potential as well but our group is worried that Lone Wolf doesn't have enough staff to make HLO reach a point where it becomes a quality product and Classic is going to suffer for it.

That's not a zing on LW, they have the talent, but the features required to put HLO above and beyond Classic would require either a lot of time or more employees.