Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   no race? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=44660)

dredloke June 17th, 2013 03:29 AM

no race?

Hey all just got the system and looks great have not gotten to really dive in as of yet but tried to do characters and noticed that when printed it dropped the Slyph race from one and the ifrit from another. First thought was the book they are from didnt load correctly but the catfolk worked fine, any advise?

Mathias June 17th, 2013 06:42 AM

I apologize, but I'm not sure that I understand what you're trying to report. Exactly where are you seeing this error? What do things look like in the cases where it does work, and how does that compare to the cases where it does not work?

dredloke June 17th, 2013 07:07 AM

you can create the characters with the slyph selected and it works fine, but as soon as you print preview or print it it drops the Race selection all the racial mods, languages etc. So the character then does not look the way it should stat wise, and when you look at it again, the selected race is grayed outa nd says it cannot be selected.

hope this is a better diescription

Mathias June 17th, 2013 08:40 AM

I'm sorry, but I can't reproduce this.

On the background tab, I chose the Sylph race, and then I chose print preview from the File menu. The Sylph race is listed on the printout, and when I close print preview, sylph is still chosen as this character's race.

Just to double-check, which of the following packages do you own:

Bestiary 2 (which would give you Sylph and Ifrit)
Bestiary 3 (which would give you catfolk)
Advanced Race Guide (which would give you all three)

Also, please re-open the Configure Hero Form from the Character menu, and double-check that the books you own are still checked, both before and after encountering this error.

dredloke June 17th, 2013 08:43 AM

We got the Advanced Race Guide

Will try the Configure when I get home, had not thought about making sure the book was still checked.

For when it says that Slyph is not availiable only some of the other Advanced Races show up.

Thanks for the input will advise

Mathias June 17th, 2013 08:46 AM

Oh, and double-check your spelling - there's a Sylph race is added in the Advanced Race Guide. Slyph isn't a race that Paizo has created.

dredloke June 17th, 2013 09:01 AM

Bah spelling, thats why I use the drop down list LOL

I figured I spelt both wrong early this morning....but again thanks for the quick response I hope to figure it out.

dredloke June 17th, 2013 02:36 PM

Ok after double checking the book selection discovered that that was the issue thanks for the heads up

Mathias June 17th, 2013 03:30 PM

Now for the next question - how did it turn off the book selection? That's only supposed to happen if the user manually changes it. If something happened to change it without the user's say so, there should have been an error message generated.

Was this file one that you've emailed back and forth between several people, and maybe one of those people doesn't have the Advanced Race Guide installed on their computer?

Were there any error messages generated when you first loaded the Pathfinder files? If so, could you re-open this file, and right-click the error message, and then paste it here, please?

dredloke June 17th, 2013 04:01 PM

I dont remember an error popping up but one might have and I am the only one with the program so no emailing