Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm Works 1.0.9 and 1.0.10 (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=49881)

liz July 4th, 2014 01:09 AM

Realm Works 1.0.9 and 1.0.10

A new release of Realm Works is now available, and includes a number of enhancements for all Realm Works users! This release is also a major step towards the release of Player Edition, and introduces a large portion of the Player Edition functionality to the Beta team. Beta team users, please try it all out, report any issues you run into, and give us feedback in the Beta forum.

Below is a list of some of the significant changes in the newest release. You can find additional enhancements and a list of bug fixes in the Release Notes within Realm Works.

Enhancements For All Realm Works Users
  • Introduced new “Sources” groupings to both the Topics and Articles content views. These groupings always appear at the top of the list and are intended to contain new “Source” categories (see below).
  • Introduced the “Story Source” and “Mechanics Source” categories that belong within the corresponding “Sources” grouping (see above). These categories always appear at the top of the list and are intended for use as the entry point for published/shared content, such as adventures, rulebooks, etc. Topics and articles derived from these categories are not allowed to be contained by other content.
  • Introduced the “GM Synopsis” category, which is used to present overview material for the GM regarding an adventure or other story-focused content when published/shared.
  • It’s now possible to create a contained topic via the right-click menu on a topic in the navigation pane.
  • The release notes now include a history of the past many releases in addition to the current release.
  • Account creation now requires double entry of the email address as a safeguard against inadvertent typos.

Enhancements For The Beta Team
  • Beta team members now have access to various features that are specifically designed for having players join into realms. There is no separate Player Edition version for players yet, although GMs can utilize the full product to invite each other into realms but not yet operate as players within each other’s realms. Basically, it’s the beginnings of Player Edition so we can get feedback and test how things are working.
  • There is a new “Player Mode” button in the ribbon bar for GMs. Toggling this button enters a preview mode where the GM can see the content the same way that his players will see it within Player Edition.
  • The Manage Account interface has a new Privacy Options section that allows users to control what personal information is shared with other members of realms in which they participate as players and GMs. At the moment, these settings are not being honored yet, but they will prior to the official release of Player Edition.
  • The Home tab of the Launch Dialog now contains a summary of all invitations and private discussions across all the various realms in which you are participating, all grouped by realm. It’s also possible to reply to messages here, as well as accept invitations and the like, provided you are logged into the server.
  • The Manage Realm interface now has a section entitled Invitations, which is where GMs can manage the invitations of players into their realms and monitor the status of those invitations.
  • The Manage Realm interface now has a section entitled Members, where GMs can manage all the members of their realm.
  • The current set of behaviors that are supported with regards to managing the members of your realm include:
    • Inviting a user to be a player – Once an invitation is issued, the GM can revoke the invitation or the other user can either accept or decline the invitation.
    • Players can leave a realm after they have accepted an invitation.
    • GMs can drop a player after that player has accepted an invitation.
    • GMs can suspend a player and reinstate the player.
    • Any member interaction includes the option for discussions between the two parties via comments.
  • Inviting a user to participate in a realm can be accomplished with either the user’s account name or his email address.

DMG July 4th, 2014 01:24 AM

I've just downloaded this version & it crashes every time I try to show a smart map on the Players Screen.

I'm trying to use it for the first time in-game tomorrow night, so it's really bad timing!

Is it possible to get a copy of the previous installer as it worked really well?

liz July 4th, 2014 01:27 AM

Please submit a crash report. Unfortunately, I don't have access to a prior version to give you, but the developers will be able to better assist you through our support system.

DMG July 4th, 2014 01:30 AM

Hi Liz,

I submitted a couple of crash reports before posting here.

Hopefully I have another installer on my other PC...

EDIT: Crisis averted... I have a copy of 1.0.8 still. Phew...

Thanks,
Jim.

liz July 4th, 2014 02:36 AM

I was able to replicate the issue, and the developers have been made aware. They'll be working on getting out a fix as soon as they can .

Nikmal July 4th, 2014 04:13 AM

Wow Liz, Considering Paizo Con is going on right now you were up REALLY Late :)
I am impressed with your loyalty to customer service! :)
Thank you!!

davidp July 4th, 2014 09:06 AM

This crash should now be fixed in 1.0.10 released this morning.

DMG July 4th, 2014 02:05 PM

Thanks David. I'll give a shot this morning (Aussie time).

DMG July 4th, 2014 03:52 PM

Problem solved!

A great big thanks to Liz, David & the team for fixing this on a long weekend!

Bidmaron July 5th, 2014 07:50 AM

Before I file a bug report, just where are the new categories supposed to appear? My realm does not have a Sources, Mechanics Source, or Story Source. I do see the new 'GM Synopsis' category.