Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Alternity (user-created) (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   New version (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58187)

waxman80014 April 19th, 2017 07:21 AM

New version

I can't update to the latest version, anyone else having this problem?

tkarn April 19th, 2017 09:08 AM

Yes, I have this problem.

waxman80014 April 19th, 2017 10:14 AM

Is there a fix yet?

Paragon April 19th, 2017 11:02 AM

Its not even clear there's a new version, or that's some glitch of the updater.

charlieluce April 19th, 2017 01:33 PM

I tried downloading it from the Hero Lab Downloads page, and traced it to a OneDrive item that is listed as nonexistent, so it may be a glitch at the project end.

evildmguy April 20th, 2017 01:36 PM

My apologies for the late reply. I haven't been on the forums in a while. :(

Anyway.

I updated the file location and I think it should be good now. If not, please email me.

Thanks!

edg

oridyne April 21st, 2017 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evildmguy (Post 248432)
My apologies for the late reply. I haven't been on the forums in a while. :(

Anyway.

I updated the file location and I think it should be good now. If not, please email me.

Thanks!

edg

Hi just tried updating again, same problem fails to update

waxman80014 April 25th, 2017 11:38 AM

Not working for me as well.

evildmguy April 26th, 2017 11:21 AM

Okay, well darn. At least I'm getting the same error so I can hopefully fix it this weekend.

evildmguy April 30th, 2017 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evildmguy (Post 248779)
Okay, well darn. At least I'm getting the same error so I can hopefully fix it this weekend.

And that's not going to happen due to life events.

In the meantime, here's a link to the file for any who need it. Please feel free to share this with anyone who asks you for it as I might be slow in responding.

Alternity Hero Lab File

Thanks for the interest all and sorry I haven't worked on it.

edg

Llyr January 5th, 2018 02:07 PM

Alternity in Limbo

I love this game, have purchased used books off EBay and would like to use the Hero Lab version to help run characters, but it will not let me print.

I can't buy the unfinished module from Lone Wolf, and it is just a tease.

If you won't let us buy the ability to print, then just let us print.

Let's face it StarFinder sucks, and Lone Wolf has made it subscription only, which means I, and most of the rest of Lone Wolf Hero Lab users will never see it.

I do not recommend Hero Lab or Lone wolf to anyone due to the StarFinder and Alternity mess.

So when will Alternity be able to print, if not, say so and why instead of keeping us hanging now for more than 10 "TEN" years.

Dami January 5th, 2018 02:44 PM

@Llyr: Alternity is NOT a Lone Wolf product - there is no module or system to purchase. There's no point complaining about LW not doing anything - it's not their responsibility.
HLO/Starfinder isn't relevant to this forum.

That said - Alternity is a USER created system, which means to use it fully you must have purchased the Authoring Kit with which it was created. Without the Kit you can use it, but no save or print.

Sketchpad January 5th, 2018 06:57 PM

There is a new version of Alternity coming from Sasquatch Games, but there's no connection to Lone Wolf or Hero Lab.