Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Old World of Darkness (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60269)

RavenX February 26th, 2018 03:18 PM

Old World of Darkness

I am working on a datafile for the "Old" or Classic World of Darkness. For now I am implementing Werewolf: the Apocalypse. But it seems like adding other systems to the data will be easy since they standardized many things across the different systems published.

RavenX February 28th, 2018 08:25 PM

Pretty much done with Werewolf's mechanics now. I just have a little tweaking to finish up.

Aaron March 1st, 2018 12:33 PM

That was fast! Congrats!

RavenX March 1st, 2018 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 263726)
That was fast! Congrats!

Compared to Exalted, this is a much simpler system, but is mechanically similar enough to get through. The data entry will take time but the structure file is built. And now I can start adding Vampire the Masquerade mechanics.

RavenX March 1st, 2018 05:38 PM

If anyone wants to do data entry on these files, let me know via PM. I am going to start coding out the Structure mechanics for Vampire or Mage next.

RavenX March 1st, 2018 05:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Some sample character sheets that I had Hero Lab output for Werewolf: the Apocalypse.

RavenX March 2nd, 2018 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Character Sheet progress for Vampire the Masquerade, almost have all the assets built for this.

TCArknight March 3rd, 2018 10:14 AM

Nice!

I look forward to seeing (and being able to use HL for oWod stuff. :)

RavenX March 3rd, 2018 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 263775)
Nice!

I look forward to seeing (and being able to use HL for oWod stuff. :)

It has come along nicely. I will admit it took a lot less time than I was anticipating. I am quite satisfied with that though.

RavenX March 4th, 2018 01:43 PM

Vampire the Masquerade is hammered out. Moving to Mage: the Ascension mechanics now.

RavenX March 4th, 2018 04:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mage Progress thus far, Spheres are done, Quintessence.Paradox and Arete traits are added.

jbearwillis March 4th, 2018 05:39 PM

Hey Great Job, I was wondering if you would be doing anything for the Dark Age games or will what you have done with the setup you have, would we be able to add all of that game to what you have? Dark Ages setting was my all time favorite of all their settings. Thanks for what you are doing, you are the man

RavenX March 4th, 2018 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 263841)
Hey Great Job, I was wondering if you would be doing anything for the Dark Age games or will what you have done with the setup you have, would we be able to add all of that game to what you have? Dark Ages setting was my all time favorite of all their settings. Thanks for what you are doing, you are the man

I don't have a copy of the Dark Ages book. I have the First Edition Vampire the Masquerade book, but I updated the skills to V20's character sheet for consistency. My book has very few clans too. Literally the original seven plus caitiffs.

Does the Dark Ages need any specific mechanics built? The only thing I think might need alteration is the Generation background for that one, and I don't think that would be too hard to rig up. I can rig it up to work as necessary with eval scripts.

RavenX March 4th, 2018 06:34 PM

I just dug up the character sheet for V20 Dark Ages and it looks like the skills can be changed out with an eval script on the skills based on which source tag is enabled, at least until I overhaul how skills are done via tags later.

I think aside from skills and modifying the Generation background this system I built should easily support Dark Ages as well. I should be able to just add a source for it and leave the data entry to you guys.

I'm only building the structure file, I am not doing the full data entry as I don't possess all the books in the line, that will up to the community to get done. However, the structure file now supports Werewolf, Mage, and Vampire. I got the main mechanisms built and it flows smoothly.

V Dark Ages support will occur, the skills will be an easy fix. Based on the character sheet you only need me to add Discipline Techniques, which is just one new component from what I can tell. The skills I can crank through this week. I may even get the overhaul in this week if I have free time for it.

jbearwillis March 5th, 2018 01:45 PM

Thanks for your quick answer Raven, and thanks so much for your work on this.
I am not sure about the mechanics, it has been a long while since I played, I started picking up all the new 20th Anniversary books to see if they changed any or just cleaned it up.

RavenX March 5th, 2018 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 263879)
I am not sure about the mechanics, it has been a long while since I played, I started picking up all the new 20th Anniversary books to see if they changed any or just cleaned it up.

I don't have my copy of Mage, but its a 2nd edition book. I am building the mechanics for Mage based on the character sheet, as its obvious to me what the base mechanics are. Special Traits are Special Traits, each system has some variance. One thing I am going to do is overhaul how I did the skills so that each template is based on the system choice in the config screen, those templates will be used to configure the primary skill choices of each system and the rest of the skills will default to "Secondary" abilities on their own.

RavenX March 5th, 2018 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 263879)

Clans and Disciplines are now updated to V20. Looks like the changes will be minor alterations, which is not a big change to the source code.

RavenX March 6th, 2018 12:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More Vampire progress, this one shows the printing of Discipline powers. Also fixed archetypes as Natures and Demeanors and created an identity tab to select them since they are stardardized across the systems now.

RavenX March 7th, 2018 01:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The attached sheets show some of the changes in implementation since last night. I have been quite busy hammering this code into a finely crafted dagger that even an Assimite vampire would proudly wield. Good news is that once I get these mechanics done, the Dark Ages support will be a fast follow up.

jbearwillis March 7th, 2018 04:10 PM

Looking Good, Raven
Happy to hear about the Dark Ages

RavenX March 7th, 2018 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 263986)
Looking Good, Raven
Happy to hear about the Dark Ages

It will be a quick add-on from what I can tell. The data entry won't be as quick as the structure file mechanics. For this I have done minimalist data entry, just enough to figure out what the files need to work.

RavenX March 7th, 2018 06:06 PM

Looks like I am down to Sorcery paths and rituals and this structure file is finished for player character Vampires...

RavenX March 8th, 2018 03:28 PM

It was a long, dark night last night... but I think I got the needed things hammered out on the player character side for V20. Now I have to hammer out NPC stuff and then I can start examination of the Dark Ages tome under scrutiny.

jbearwillis March 8th, 2018 04:13 PM

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I say "HELL YEAH"!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh maybe I did.......

RavenX March 8th, 2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 264044)
Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I say "HELL YEAH"!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh maybe I did.......

:D Its ok, I have my Stone Cold Steve Austin moments too. Cold Beer and everything!

RavenX March 9th, 2018 01:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sample sheet showing the Ghoul mechanics have been successfully implemented for character creation. Made a lot of changes last night, but the source code is looking better with each pass.

RavenX March 11th, 2018 05:50 PM

Finalizing the Animal races now, after this I should be ready to enter data for V20, which means I will switch to a different book to start adding additional components.

RavenX March 12th, 2018 03:04 PM

Animal Race Support is done now. That should get the bestiary mostly implemented. Other game system monsters need their books done first so I'll get to that as I get to it. The upgrade to V20 is pretty much done now. I just have a couple tweaks to make and I can move on to the next book.

RavenX March 13th, 2018 02:38 PM

The current coding for the V20 file should support the addition of the data from the Dark Ages as well. The systems are essentially the same. I will add a new source for the data so whoever wants to add that data can get started.

RavenX March 17th, 2018 11:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Scripted the code for the Merits and Flaws. Merits and Flaws now do what they should do. Attached is a child ghoul with the appropriate flaws limited her size and speed. More character sheet modifications to come.

cgibboney September 17th, 2019 07:16 AM

I would like this

How does one get this?

Dami September 18th, 2019 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgibboney (Post 282263)
How does one get this?

It isn't available. Read RavenX's signature.

RavenX November 27th, 2019 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgibboney (Post 282263)
How does one get this?

You don't. Period. White Wolf told me I couldn't distribute the data file. Unless they change their minds I won't be sharing it.

Luirru March 25th, 2020 07:38 PM

Would it not be similar to the community files for D&D?

RavenX November 9th, 2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luirru (Post 287270)
Would it not be similar to the community files for D&D?

Uh, no. It isn't. The parent company for White Wolf has told me directly that I am not to distribute the data files I create to the community. There is no Open Game License for their materials.

Even if there was, the "kind" people, and I use this term very loosely, over at Onyx Path Publishing who actually write the books for Paradox Interactive managed to tick me off so bad I haven't purchased a single product of theirs in a long time and it is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyy doubtful I will be purchasing anything from them ever again. I won't go into details but on "their" forums I asked for clarification on something in Exalted and got a 2 year ban with no reason other than the moderator didn't like me asking. Since then I have not given a damn for their products and will not support them. Sorry. If you want the data you'll have to learn to code it yourself, "For personal use only" since you're not allowed to distribute it without Paradox Interactive giving you a green light or OGL.

D&D 5e was not supported by Lone Wolf Development initially. 5e was on the shelf until the OGL was announced. Unless there is some kind of open license for a game system you can't distribute data files for it without drawing the potential for lawsuits against you and cease and desist orders for distributing the files in the first place. I have no intention of drawing such ire from a company that has earned my ire. I am done with White Wolf for good at this point.

Luirru November 12th, 2020 08:01 PM

Holy crud dude, I am so sorry to hear about all of that. I am trying to find a way to do it but am having no luck whatsoever on it :S That is what I get for learning financial info instead of coding. I will continue to work on it though and am glad to hear SOMEONE has done it, even though I understand why you cannot send out info to anyone and I am not asking for that.