Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Other Publishers on the Content Market (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62345)

salcor March 27th, 2019 02:27 PM

Other Publishers on the Content Market

Hello,

I am happy to see the content market come to fruition. I completely understand the need to get things set up with Paizo. However, I was wondering if there is any word on what other publishers might be joining the Content Market. Personally I am interested in Pinnacle Entertainment Group for Savage Worlds. I have the Blood Drive trilogy through the Kickstarter and I like it. Will PEG and LWD be offering any future settings or plot point campaigns? How about others like Modiphius? I would love to see Genesys on there, but that is probably wishful thinking.

Salcor

kbs666 March 27th, 2019 06:18 PM

You might want to lobby the publishers directly. LWD can't do much if the publishers aren't interested/aware.

Rone March 28th, 2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbs666 (Post 277421)
You might want to lobby the publishers directly. LWD can't do much if the publishers aren't interested/aware.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest to salcor. Clearly thou art a seer!

salcor March 28th, 2019 10:26 AM

Cool. I have posted a similar question on the PEG forum. Someone did ask what is the process for submitting content to LWD. Also are developers required to do a full purchase of RW?

Salcor

Rone March 28th, 2019 02:10 PM

Those are items that need to be discussed with the administration of both companies. PEG should get in contact with our VP, BJ Hensley. Thanks for letting them know!

Darkechilde March 30th, 2019 11:54 AM

I'm not finding any guidelines or information allowing me, as a writer, to publish my own content. Am I missing something? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thalamus April 2nd, 2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkechilde (Post 277527)
I'm not finding any guidelines or information allowing me, as a writer, to publish my own content. Am I missing something? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is the right question. The Link Realm Works Content Submission Guidelines is broken.

Rone April 2nd, 2019 04:53 AM

Added to the broken link repair list. Thanks!

Rone April 3rd, 2019 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkechilde (Post 277527)

At this time we are only accepting official content from our official publishing partners, but we will be sure to make an announcement when we know more about user content.

Murrdox April 3rd, 2019 09:46 AM

I'm veeeery excited about user content on the Content Market! I can't wait to see what kind of things the community can come up with when it comes to homebrew adventures!

I'm also hoping that certain publishers might give their blessings to players to create realms based on their publications, as long as we don't SELL them on the content market? That's probably a pipe dream though.

Edit - I've also gone ahead and put a post on the Modiphius Infinity 2D20 forum... because we need more publishers involved!! :) Who knows maybe they will notice and reach out.

Farling April 3rd, 2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murrdox (Post 277645)
I'm also hoping that certain publishers might give their blessings to players to create realms based on their publications, as long as we don't SELL them on the content market? That's probably a pipe dream though.

Unlike hero lab which only contains monster stats, a realm is most likely going to duplicate all the information in a publication so I can't see any publisher willing to allow that.

However, I would hope that they would allow new creations/adventures for existing IP.

Merion April 5th, 2019 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 277652)
Unlike hero lab which only contains monster stats, a realm is most likely going to duplicate all the information in a publication so I can't see any publisher willing to allow that.

Well, if they go the paizo way and require you to buy the original publication, it could work out.

Farling April 5th, 2019 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 277699)
Well, if they go the paizo way and require you to buy the original publication, it could work out.

Yes, this would be cool, but also possibly out of the price range for most small companies to implement the required API between the LWD and their own sales web sites.

salcor April 5th, 2019 08:07 AM

Too bad they just couldn't work with Drivethrurpg for that feature since most companies sell PDFs through them.

Salcor

Gord April 5th, 2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salcor (Post 277712)
Too bad they just couldn't work with Drivethrurpg for that feature since most companies sell PDFs through them.

Working with Bits & Mortar would be even better since you get the pdf for free when you buy the hard copy. As a brick and mortar store owner, I certainly appreciate what they are doing.

kbs666 April 5th, 2019 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gord (Post 277735)
Working with Bits & Mortar would be even better since you get the pdf for free when you buy the hard copy. As a brick and mortar store owner, I certainly appreciate what they are doing.

I wish more companies worked with Bits and Mortar. I'd much rather do business with my FLGS than Amazon or DriveThruRPG.

salcor April 6th, 2019 03:42 AM

It would be interesting to see how they could set that up for brick and mortar stores. My gaming budget is spread pretty evenly between the net and actual stores. I was wondering about the buy print get PDF. It is only certain companies that do that if memory serves, correct?

Salcor

Gord April 6th, 2019 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salcor (Post 277747)
It would be interesting to see how they could set that up for brick and mortar stores. My gaming budget is spread pretty evenly between the net and actual stores. I was wondering about the buy print get PDF. It is only certain companies that do that if memory serves, correct?

As somebody said at the GAMA trade show last month, it is the best but most underused deal out there. There are more companies doing it now but most are mid-sized like Cubicle 7. Local stores also need to sign up for it so it can be used. We are actually debating getting bookmarks made so people can quickly see what qualifies.

salcor April 6th, 2019 09:39 AM

Gord,

The bookmark idea is pretty amazing. I know a few game store owners so if there is a website I will send them that way. It would be interesting to have a similar process for Realm works. Person buys book in store, gets pdf for free, which in turn unlocks their ability to purchase realmworks files.

Salcor

Merion April 8th, 2019 07:06 AM

I don't know if this info is confidential, but if not, it would be great if LWD could lay open what would be needed from their side to make things like this work.

Interface or API definition or something...

ruhar April 8th, 2019 09:06 PM

Money always talks so why don't we the customers let companies and BaM stores know that's what we want. Support those that do that and let those that don't know that we would buy more if they support this.

dmbritt April 10th, 2019 05:39 AM

We need PF1 DRAGONS UNLEASHED!

If you want to make some sales to me, get that one on the CM.

*Heading to Paizo to tell them to get it OVER HERE.