Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   A little bewildered about Tales of the Old Margreve (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61344)

Merion October 4th, 2018 10:45 AM

A little bewildered about Tales of the Old Margreve

Am I the only one who thinks it's strange that LWD basically advertises an adventure in its newsletter that provides Fantasy Grounds and Roll20 files but not Realm Works?

daplunk October 4th, 2018 01:11 PM

Kobold Press and LWD work together quite a lot. Hero Lab already has quite a bit of their content and we know there's so stuff for Realm Works coming soon. Just a case of maintaining a healthy relationship until they too can sell the content.

Valyar October 5th, 2018 12:45 AM

Realm Works is special.

meek75 October 5th, 2018 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 271289)
we know there's so stuff for Realm Works coming soon.

LOL. We have redefined "soon" a few dozen times around here.

Farling October 5th, 2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meek75 (Post 271302)
LOL. We have redefined "soon" a few dozen times around here.

Maybe repurposed, rather than redefined? :-)

Merion October 7th, 2018 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 271289)
Kobold Press and LWD work together quite a lot. Hero Lab already has quite a bit of their content and we know there's so stuff for Realm Works coming soon. Just a case of maintaining a healthy relationship until they too can sell the content.

Hmm... 'kay, I can understand wanting to stay on the good side of a company you work with. Still, if they are on good terms with Kobold Press, they should urge them to also publish RW files for their stuff. Especially on Kickstarter. Make it the last and most expensive stretch goal, if you must, but have it in there.

daplunk October 7th, 2018 01:03 PM

Do you think LWD are in any position to urge anyone to do anything with RW? They lost their strength in this market years ago and now need to deliver on the market in order to show potential partners that they can actually deliver their content. The previous content providers who promised RW content via Kickstarter have so far been unable to deliver on their promises as a result of the LWD delays.

No they are not in any position. All they can do is maintain relationships at this stage and throwing out some advertising is one way they can do that. Given Kobold Presses recent 'test' to see if they can reduce the mediums they support I would say LWD need to kick it up a gear. I'd wager a guess KP are trying to get in bed with DnDB. LWD are at risk of KP not needing them if that happens.

Ualaa October 7th, 2018 07:47 PM

Whether KP needs LWD or not, I'd still see them benefiting from the relationship. LWD is an extra source of customers through referrals and shared advertisements such as the newsletter.
It doesn't really cost KP anything, even if they end up with another partnership also boosting their sales.

Merion October 8th, 2018 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 271371)
Do you think LWD are in any position to urge anyone to do anything with RW? They lost their strength in this market years ago and now need to deliver on the market in order to show potential partners that they can actually deliver their content. The previous content providers who promised RW content via Kickstarter have so far been unable to deliver on their promises as a result of the LWD delays.

No they are not in any position. All they can do is maintain relationships at this stage and throwing out some advertising is one way they can do that. Given Kobold Presses recent 'test' to see if they can reduce the mediums they support I would say LWD need to kick it up a gear. I'd wager a guess KP are trying to get in bed with DnDB. LWD are at risk of KP not needing them if that happens.

Maybe urge was to strong a word (english isn't my first language, so please be so kind to cut me some slack in that regard). Maybe ask, suggest, encourage or beg ;) would have been more appropriate. But I hope you get what I'm trying to say here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 271380)
Whether KP needs LWD or not, I'd still see them benefiting from the relationship. LWD is an extra source of customers through referrals and shared advertisements such as the newsletter.
It doesn't really cost KP anything, even if they end up with another partnership also boosting their sales.

I'm not so sure about the "doesn't cost them anything" part - who bears the cost for entering the data into RW? KP or LWD? Is it shared? Do we even know?

daplunk October 8th, 2018 01:19 PM

There are different ways it happens. In some cases LWD manage the data entry and use their own team of people. In other cases the content owners seek out their own people to do the data entry and then provide the content to LWD to sell.

KP tend to fall into the first category.