Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Is anyone working on Starfinder dataset for HLC? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=61147)

vardeman August 28th, 2018 10:33 AM

Is anyone working on Starfinder dataset for HLC?

What the title says. I'm VERY disappointed that official support for Starfinder is only going to be via HLO. I do not need the extra bells and whistles that will eventually be part of HLO Starfinder. I just need what HLC can provide: Character creation. adjustments and conditions applied on the fly, tracking of exp & wealth gains.

LazarX August 4th, 2019 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vardeman (Post 269913)
What the title says. I'm VERY disappointed that official support for Starfinder is only going to be via HLO. I do not need the extra bells and whistles that will eventually be part of HLO Starfinder. I just need what HLC can provide: Character creation. adjustments and conditions applied on the fly, tracking of exp & wealth gains.

And that might be problematic in a legal sense. There isn't any issue in people coding these items for themselves, but publishing them can open a whole can of worms with Paizo and Lone Wolf.

Lone Wolf really wants people to move out of Classic and into HLO.

Lj Stephens August 5th, 2019 05:11 AM

Yes, we're excited about HLO. Just want to let you know that Classic isn't going anywhere! There are no plans to stop support for it, at all. Thanks!

Duggan August 5th, 2019 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj Stephens (Post 280911)
Yes, we're excited about HLO. Just want to let you know that Classic isn't going anywhere! There are no plans to stop support for it, at all. Thanks!

:) Does that mean there may be an HLC Starfinder release?

It's OK to say that you can't give an answer on that, of course. I remember past incidents where a Lone Wolf employee saying something would be supported when it turned out the resources didn't support it. There were tears.

Farling August 5th, 2019 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj Stephens (Post 280911)
There are no plans to stop support for it, at all.

Not providing newer game systems within HL Classic sounds like stopping support for it.

cybersavant August 8th, 2019 11:15 PM

My issue with HLO is that where we game, there is no internet. And my home service is not suited to streaming - i get lots of dropped signals and interruptions. Even downloading large updates like Pf can be challenging. I was looking forward to getting Sf, but now even if it goes to HLC i probably won't get it because i'm using a lot of 3PP sources to expand race, class and equipment choices.

Farling August 8th, 2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cybersavant (Post 281078)
My issue with HLO is that where we game, there is no internet. And my home service is not suited to streaming - i get lots of dropped signals and interruptions.

They aren't interested in you as a customer. They are interested in me either, for the same reasons.

GarThor May 24th, 2020 11:25 AM

I would be interested in a community pack for PF2E for the same reason... I already have HLC, and I really don't want to pay a monthly subscription for something that I might use twice and then not again for years...

I'd also be interested in contributing to such an endeavor, if someone else where to start one... =D

The WoTC 5E community pack is excellent.

Toblakai May 24th, 2020 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarThor (Post 288783)
I would be interested in a community pack for PF2E for the same reason... I already have HLC, and I really don't want to pay a monthly subscription for something that I might use twice and then not again for years...

I'd also be interested in contributing to such an endeavor, if someone else where to start one... =D

The WoTC 5E community pack is excellent.

$10 for 6 months is not much of s subscription fee. You can also cancel the subscription so you don't have to pay for it for years if your not going to use it.

GarThor July 16th, 2020 06:00 PM

Hmm... for some reason I interpreted the standard membership to be a monthly fee... that's definitly not so bad then...

I'm still not sure I need it when I play so infrequently... but... >_>