Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Solomon Kane 1.5 Bugs (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60383)

Jay_NOLA March 17th, 2018 12:32 PM

Solomon Kane 1.5 Bugs

Solomon Kane bugs

Noticed these bugs with the 1.5 version.

1.) Duplicate Weapons show up in the gear list. Some are "defult version" and others are Solomon Kane version. The default versions weren't percluded.
Note: when fixing Great Sword is spelled as one word and as two, so it is easy to miss fixing it. Some other non-Solomon Kane weapons are showing up too.

2.) Modern and Futuristic Weapons show up as available.

4.) Range Weapons have melee weapons bug as in 1.

5.) Range Weapons have melee weapons bug as in 2.

6.) Gear has same bug as in 1.

7.) Gear has same bug as in 2.

Bugs are easy to fix just time consuming to fix them all.

zarlor March 18th, 2018 06:01 AM

Modern and Futuristic weapons should only show if you have those selected. Be sure to scroll down on the character source selection screen and uncheck those if you don't want to see them.

Jay_NOLA March 19th, 2018 02:23 PM

That making sure Modern and Future aren't checked for gear doesn't for the Solomon Kane Rule set as it removes some weapons like Flamethrower that are in Solomon Kane.

Also the Solomon Kane version of weapons and gear don't have all the exact same stats as non-Solomon Kane ones. Cost is different for example.

Finally spotted some other bugs:

A Solomon Kane character gets 5 pounds to start with but the Hero Lab is giving starting funds at 500 and it is showing a dollar symbol for cost and cash instead of a pound symbol.

This basically is giving a character 100x starting money and when coupled with the Gear/Weapons/Armor bugs which give for example a dagger at a cost of 25 and another at a cost of 0.10 means that character can get more equipment than he or she ought to have or buy a incorrect cost version and pay much more. In the dagger example 0.10 is the SK version and 25 is the non-SK version since starting funds are different.

CapedCrusader March 19th, 2018 03:30 PM

Solomon Kane was done before the cash symbol was allowed to be changed. I'll take a look at it. Thanks!

CapedCrusader March 19th, 2018 04:12 PM

Flamethrower still shows up for me in Special Weapons if Solomon Kane is selected.

However, I updated Solomon Kane to take advantage of the cash symbol change. Plus I disabled Standard gear and fixed the starting cash.

Jay_NOLA March 20th, 2018 01:01 PM

1.6 is giving an error preclude to non existent thing wpTaser.

Also, spotted 2 other bugs

Lockpicking skill and Stealth skill descriptions are different is SK. Stealth pick pocketing and sleight of hand is done with Lockpicking instead.

SK doesn't use power points.

Jay_NOLA March 20th, 2018 01:11 PM

Edited to remove duplicate of above)

EricaOdd March 21st, 2018 03:13 AM

All of my Savage Settings disappeared after I applied this update, and I'm also getting the wpTaser error.

The only Savage Worlds books that are showing up for me now are the core books and the Companions.

EricaOdd March 21st, 2018 03:28 AM

I deleted the Savage Worlds game and re-downloaded everything but the new SK update, and my setting books are all back.

zarlor March 21st, 2018 04:40 AM

Whenever you see only the core and Companion books listed it just means that one of the data files had an error loading and so the program assumes you NEEDED that thing and just won't load the rest of the data files. It just means you need to either fix or remove the file the error came from, is all. You don't need to delete anything else, if that will save you some time if it happens again.