Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Cortex System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   A few questions... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11768)

Stroess November 21st, 2010 04:19 PM

A few questions...

Hi,

There seems to be a maximum of d12+d4 on all Attributes, Traits, and Skills. Yet, I can't find this rule anywhere in the Cortex Book. Also, it says in the Cortex book that the costs for raising a value above d12 is generally x2. This is currently not being calculated, and I was wondering if I missed turning something on.

I'm getting pretty handy with the editor, so let me know if there is a way to do both of these things through that.

Thanks!

Stroess

TCArknight November 22nd, 2010 06:41 AM

Howdy!

I forget what page it's on, but I believe greenhorns are limited to d12, vets to d12+d2 and big damn heroes are limited to d12+d4 at least int the serenity rules. It should be the same in the BSG and Cortex rules though. After initial creation though I don't think there is a real limit.

Stroess November 22nd, 2010 08:23 AM

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I'm actually creating an NPC, which is supposed to be "Unlimited" when choosing things. However, I also tried increasing the attributes after Character Creation, and still couldn't go beyond the d12+d4 limitation.

Thanks!

Stroess

flamepulse November 24th, 2010 08:18 AM

all the unlimited means is it doesnt give you a limit on character creation points to use. you still have to follow the other rules.

Stroess November 24th, 2010 09:15 AM

Ahh, that make's sense. Now, if I could only find a way around the d12+d4 limitation.

Thanks for the help!

Stroess

flamepulse November 24th, 2010 10:00 AM

set the type to npc unlimited and the level secletion to no selection, that will allow you to bybass the limit. if you select a level then it will apply the cap for that level.

Stroess November 25th, 2010 06:36 AM

Hi,

I tried setting the type to NPC (Unlimited) and the Level to "No Selection". I'm still getting a cap of d12+d4.

Let me know if you have any other ideas. Thanks!

Stroess

flamepulse November 25th, 2010 11:48 AM

dunt understand why, i dotn get the cap when i do it that way. just tried it. make sure your updated.

Mathias November 25th, 2010 12:56 PM

Try the "Custom" option.

Mathias November 25th, 2010 01:06 PM

You might want to note which of the game systems you're each talking about - I might have accidently introduced differences in how the default power level works between game systems.

Stroess November 26th, 2010 11:33 AM

Good point!

I'm using Serenity. That may be where the difficulty is.

Let me know if anyone knows how to remove the cap on that one. Thanks!

Stroess

flamepulse November 26th, 2010 12:14 PM

ive tested it in mine useing every version of cortex with and wtithout cortex rules activated and do not get a limit when i have npc unlimited and custom level selected