Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Creating a restricted list based by spell level (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58476)

shadowninja May 22nd, 2017 06:28 AM

Creating a restricted list based by spell level

Hi!

I need a help to create a classe feature using the following characteristics:

Each level the character can select any necromantic spell from any list, limited by your maximum spell level he can cast, and add to your spellcasting list and, to help selecting, the first selection list determines the level. (I done that!)

My problem is: I can't create a restriction. I am using the following options e codes, inspired in Elven Arcana (Oracle) and Greater Spell Selection (Magus):

Code:

Item Selection Section

Select From: Spell levels 1-6
Restrict First List to: All Things

Code:
      field[usrCandid2].text = "component.BaseSpell & sClass.? & !sClass.cHelpMag & (val:sLevel.? = " & field[abValue].value & " & sSchool.Necromancy)"

AndrewD2 May 22nd, 2017 08:35 AM

You shouldn't need to restrict level with a separate selection, that can already be done right with the usrCandid

Code:

field[userCandid1].text = "component.BaseSpell & sSchool.Necromancy & (val:sLevel.? <= " & hero.childfound[cHelp???].field[cMaxSpLev].value & ")"
Since you did specifically say what it was on this is for a classes class special, just replace the ??? with the class you're targeting's abbreviation. You should be able to add this any number of times to the class and it allow selection of any necromancy spell up to your current max spell level.

Also note, I haven't tested this specifically, but it is based on something I've used before.

ShadowChemosh May 22nd, 2017 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 250388)
Since you did specifically say what it was on this is for a classes class special, just replace the ??? with the class you're targeting's abbreviation. You should be able to add this any number of times to the class and it allow selection of any necromancy spell up to your current max spell level.

Maybe I am missing something but couldn't you just use "root" instead of the "hero.childfound" to the specific class helper be easier. Sense the class special is bootstrapped to the class helper.

In example:
Code:

field[userCandid1].text = "component.BaseSpell & sSchool.Necromancy & (val:sLevel.? <= " & root.field[cMaxSpLev].value & ")"
This way the special is totally generic and can be bootstrapped to any class and the logic will work. :)

AndrewD2 May 22nd, 2017 01:28 PM

Yep you could, but I had just copied from some old code. It was actually from an archetype for Rite and since it wouldn't be going to other classes it was just using the class instead of root.linkage[varies].???. I was also very new still back then. Not so new now.

Aaron May 22nd, 2017 02:19 PM

If this is running from a class special, I would call the foctoclass procedure, myself. That way it will get to the class helper it is associated with, whether bootstrapped to the class helper directly or added by something else, like an archetype.

* Code Snobbery activate *

AndrewD2 May 22nd, 2017 02:25 PM

If only there were a nice API document so that everyone could know what everything does :-P

ShadowChemosh May 22nd, 2017 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 250412)
If this is running from a class special, I would call the foctoclass procedure, myself. That way it will get to the class helper it is associated with, whether bootstrapped to the class helper directly or added by something else, like an archetype.

oh yeah. I totally forgot about that procedure. That is very nice then you just have to do focus and never care where the ability is bootstrapped.

I should go change some code I created this weekend to use that actually!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 250412)
* Code Snobbery activate *

No kidding Mr Pathfinder comes in to show up all us newbs! :eek: :D :)

ShadowChemosh May 22nd, 2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 250413)
If only there were a nice API document so that everyone could know what everything does :-P

LOL I was going to write that and figured not worth kicking a dead horse! :eek: :eek:

Aaron May 22nd, 2017 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 250415)
LOL I was going to write that and figured not worth kicking a dead horse! :eek: :eek:

That horse has been kicked, animated by a necromancer, fought in multiple battles, then finally smote into the ground by an army of paladins.