Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Extended Character Sheets (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=45759)

zarlor September 11th, 2013 12:42 PM

Extended Character Sheets

Thanks to a bunch of hints and direct help from Mathias I've put together some .user file versions of a new Character sheet that includes the full description text on pretty much everything instead of just the summary text.

Just download the .hl file from https://www.dropbox.com/s/bt5sh2halfy4sik/Sheets.hl and double-click it to have Hero Lab automatically install it into your savage/data directory. The next time you start up Hero Lab and load up a Savage Worlds character and go to File -> Print Hero... (or press Ctrl-P) you should see 2 new options available in the middle of the list for "Extended Character Sheet" and "Extended Character Sheet & Journal" available for your pleasure. :)

If anyone finds any issues with these (and if I can figure out how to fix them...) please do let me know and I'll be happy to do my best to correct the problem.

EDIT: Removed text from above about the sheet limited to only 4 pages.. it wasn't I just didn't realize it.

v1.1: Added an extra line between many items for readability and added output for the "Source" information, if listed, for Adjustments.
v1.2: (Bug fix, I think.)
v1.3: fixed to add the changes that were in the last Savage Worlds base character sheet update that I missed.
v1.5 (I forget what I fixed in 1.4): Added support for Savage Worlds dataset v3.1 (Please don't use this until 3.1 is released, though.)
v1.6-1.7 Updates so that Abilities would also span columns (in case someone used them instead of Properties).

Mathias September 11th, 2013 12:56 PM

Why does your character sheet have a limit on the number of pages that can be printed? You should be able to use a single repeating sheet to allow an unlimited number of pages.

jbearwillis September 11th, 2013 12:57 PM

Very nice zarlor, checked it out with one of my ships for High-Space and it has all what is needed. Great Job!!!!

zarlor September 11th, 2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 165364)
Why does your character sheet have a limit on the number of pages that can be printed? You should be able to use a single repeating sheet to allow an unlimited number of pages.

I guess I don't really know? For some reason it seemed like the sheet2 file stopped at sheet2 but maybe I don't need the sheet3 and 4 files I created at all? I probably made a bad assumption so I guess I'll go test that out some more. :/ Although, at any rate, it should work as it to AT LEAST 4 sheets. ;)

Mathias September 11th, 2013 01:10 PM

Code:

<sheet
id="standard2"
name="Standard character sheet, page #2"
spillover="yes">
<layoutref layout="oStandard2" reference="left"/>
<layoutref layout="oStandard2" reference="right"/>

The spillover="yes" setting on that means that Hero Lab will output an unlimited number of copies of standard2, until everything it covers has been added to the output.

zarlor September 11th, 2013 01:22 PM

Well there you go, then. I added 2 sheets without even needing to. Go figure. Did I mention I can be kind of clueless about some of this stuff? ;)

I tested it just to make sure (because I don't trust myself, of course. ;)) and I've updated the file above to cut it down to just 2 sheet files rather than 4. And it certainly works just fine going over to the other.

zarlor September 11th, 2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 165366)
Very nice zarlor, checked it out with one of my ships for High-Space and it has all what is needed. Great Job!!!!

I'm real glad you tested that, because I didn't really get a chance to do so and I was really hoping you wouldn't have any issues with it, so that's really good to hear.

zarlor September 12th, 2013 05:28 AM

Updated to v1.1. Added an extra line between many items for better readability and added the "Source" information, if listed, for Adjustments.

liz September 12th, 2013 09:25 AM

This is great zarlor! Thanks for putting this together. :)

zarlor September 12th, 2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 165424)
This is great zarlor! Thanks for putting this together. :)

My pleasure, although most of the credit goes to Mathias for letting me know this could even be done, and then giving me the right syntax to do it!