Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Bestiarys from the Adventure Paths (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12391)

Nikmal February 6th, 2011 08:52 PM

Bestiarys from the Adventure Paths

I am just curious as to why they have not been done for Hero Labs as of yet or if they will be in the future anytime soon. I know that some of the things from the adventure paths have been added such as weapons and items but that is about it.. all of which is fairly minor when the Bestiary is fairly major as a DM/Player of these paths.

Even if I have to pay for these I would love to see them done soon if it is an option :)

Nikmal February 9th, 2011 03:34 AM

no response at all???

Lawful_g February 9th, 2011 04:04 AM

I am confused sir, there are beastiaries separate from the Beastiary 1 and 2 that are already in HL? I had never heard of ones specific to each adventure path... or do you just mean the various custom monsters included in the various adventure modules?

Nikmal February 9th, 2011 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 51861)
I am confused sir, there are beastiaries separate from the Beastiary 1 and 2 that are already in HL? I had never heard of ones specific to each adventure path... or do you just mean the various custom monsters included in the various adventure modules?

At the end of each adventure path (not including the AP's before the Council of Thieves because of the issues with them being D20 is all) there is a section labeled bestiary, in each of the bestiaries there are about 4-5 creatures there.

I think it would be nice to have these included in the hero labs software.

chiefweasel February 9th, 2011 04:29 AM

This is on my list as i go through the Kingmaker Path. we just finished book 2 in my group. It is slow going since Piazo didnt use their own materials as sources. i hope to have a big leap forward on this project in the next few weeks though.

Zandari February 9th, 2011 07:13 AM

You didn't happen to do the Grimstalker did you? I found myself just this week wishing I could pull up the Grimstalker in Hero Lab.

It seems a necromancer in my party thought it would be fun to make a fast zombie out of the GS and have him follow them around.

Theocrat February 9th, 2011 10:34 PM

Several of those early AP Bestiary monsters went into Bestiary 2. I know the cat like creature that starts with an A is in the B2. So is that little doll thing from the first series. I know, I should know these things off the top of my head. But Venture-Captain is for Society not AP's and that's my excuse!

chiefweasel February 10th, 2011 05:08 AM

I noticed a few of them made it onto the beastary 2 as well. What i am going to do is create a seperate folder with all the encounters (Minus basic monsters). So if an encounter ended up on the beastary then it will be dupped there.

overfiend_87 February 10th, 2011 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawful_g (Post 51861)

At the last few pack pages of every AP there is a Bestiary section as the monsters in the AP are usually unique to the AP and don't show up in the bestiary, however some of them are old and need converting which many people have been doing here online: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/fan...dventure-paths

This is the perfect place to look up monsters that are in the APs that have been converted by others like myself. The fluff text behind them is interesting too.

NeoFax March 29th, 2011 06:37 AM

I checked both cheese weasel's site and d20pfsrd and cannot find any monsters from the back of any AP. Does Lone Wolf plan to do these?