Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - 4th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Unofficial update for Hero Lab 4e (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65134)

Fox Lee August 1st, 2021 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cryptoknight (Post 296023)
Lol I still have the site up. All for finishing the data set, but I don't play 4e, and dumped my books years ago. Be glad to hand over ownership of the data set if somebody wants it.

Not 100% sure how to do that to be honest, but if there's a more fully updated data set, I'd be glad to post it up. When I stopped working on it 5e was out... I didn't expect there to be much more. :/

I'm still all in on 4e, and I doubt I'll stop any time soon. So, while I don't know precisely what's involved, I could probably take it off your hands if you like. Drop me a private message if you're good with that, I guess!

Fox Lee August 27th, 2021 05:57 PM

Soooo, I've tried to contact some Lone Wolf staff about this (so I could push 4e community updates to their system) but had no luck getting any response. Does anybody know who among Lone Wolf staff is active and likely to respond to such a request?

Dami August 27th, 2021 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox Lee (Post 296408)
Soooo, I've tried to contact some Lone Wolf staff about this (so I could push 4e community updates to their system) but had no luck getting any response. Does anybody know who among Lone Wolf staff is active and likely to respond to such a request?

Emailing support would be your best option.
What exactly are you trying to do? I don't think they'll host user files. You can set up your own source and updates.

Fox Lee August 27th, 2021 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 296410)
Emailing support would be your best option.
What exactly are you trying to do? I don't think they'll host user files. You can set up your own source and updates.

I'm aiming to take over administration of the 4e community data files, as discussed with Cryptoknight a few posts upstream.

Alas, emailing support is one of the things I tried, but I've had no response.

Dami August 28th, 2021 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fox Lee (Post 296411)
I'm aiming to take over administration of the 4e community data files, as discussed with Cryptoknight a few posts upstream.

Alas, emailing support is one of the things I tried, but I've had no response.

Community files are handled by the community, generally with one person handling everything, or hosting them on GitHub so multiple people have access. You should be able to work that out with Cryptoknight and charlieluce for the files.
I don't see how LW would be involved with that. (I may be wrong) Mathias (LW staff) is active on the HLC forums, try sending him a message.

Fox Lee August 30th, 2021 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 296413)
Community files are handled by the community, generally with one person handling everything, or hosting them on GitHub so multiple people have access. You should be able to work that out with Cryptoknight and charlieluce for the files.
I don't see how LW would be involved with that. (I may be wrong) Mathias (LW staff) is active on the HLC forums, try sending him a message.

Um...yes? Please understand, I've already discussed this with Cryptoknight in private messages; I'm not coming at it from a position of ignorance. The whole point is that they are currently the "one person handling everything" and they are looking to pass that role to somebody else, and I volunteered. But there is a small complication that would require action on LW's part, hence I'm trying to contact LoneWolf on Cryptoknight's advice. Hopefully that make things clearer :)

Thanks for the advice about Mathias, I'll give him a try!

Dami August 30th, 2021 11:23 PM

Apologies... there's a step involved there I haven't come across. Hope it works out.

Fox Lee August 30th, 2021 11:32 PM

No worries. I didn't give any details about the situation, so I can see why it might have appeared that I was misdirected.

cryptoknight September 7th, 2021 09:06 AM

and fwiw, LW reached out to me about passing the ownership to Fox Lee about this over a week ago. I agreed... I hope they've moved it along.

SAbel July 9th, 2022 01:03 PM

Just stopping in to say hi and that I'm still alive, my group is very heavy into 4e still. We are on a break to play symbaroum right now but 4e is the d&d for me ...lol well that does make me laugh...