Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   HL Login & Device Nickname...... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60503)

ShellyGamerGal April 9th, 2018 02:08 PM

HL Login & Device Nickname......

My Husband & I are both gamers.....so our GM\DM wanted to start a STARFINDER session...

So come to find out that HERO LAB did some character creation sheets. So we invested our money in purchasing a license copy for online use & started to build multiple characters.

Just over the weekend we had a game to participate in & needed to print out one of our characters. So it's been at least a month since we last logged into the website. So when we tried to it was telling us that our user credentials were wrong & the only thing we can think of is possibly the "Device Nickname" isn't right perhaps.
So is there anyway to reset the "Device Nickname" as you can see i can login to the website fine with the standard user id for the forum & use the same for HL Online & thinking its the "Device Nickname"

wheredoigo April 10th, 2018 11:14 AM

I don't think device nickname is part of the authentication process. It is just a label as far as I know.

BoomerET April 10th, 2018 01:08 PM

I've had the same problem, simply put something else in the nickname field.

Dave

ShadowChemosh April 10th, 2018 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShellyGamerGal (Post 265354)
standard user id for the forum & use the same for HL Online & thinking its the "Device Nickname"

The HLO user id and password is NOT the same as the forums at all. Make sure you are using the HLO user id and password. This would be the same as you use to log into the LW store or Realm Works.

Below the Password on the HLO page you can click the "Forgot your username or password?" link to make sure you are using the correct one.

BoomerET April 10th, 2018 02:55 PM

Also make sure to log out each time you're done, as opposed to just closing the browser window/tab.

Dave

Ryan F April 13th, 2018 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoomerET (Post 265405)
Also make sure to log out each time you're done, as opposed to just closing the browser window/tab.
Dave

^
What Dave said, Hero Lab Online can give off some funky errors if you don't manually Logout/Close the Tab/Window it is active in for some Internet Browsers, particularly Safari.

If you end up getting this issue again in the future I'd advise as others have, changing the Device Nickname and should it persist, try Clearing our Web Browser Cache.

Worst Case scenario try an (Account Recovery ) and if you're locked out just email us at <support@wolflair.com>.

Ian April 17th, 2018 12:27 PM

We also have some changes on the to-do list that will make these errors less generic so it's more obvious what's going on.

To give more of an idea with the "Device Nickname", our system wants it to be unique for each logged-in device, but it doesn't actually matter what you put in past that. It's there so that we have something in place for future work with coordinating live updates with multiple devices.