Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   License Disappearing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59102)

Angela2013 September 2nd, 2017 09:53 AM

License Disappearing

I have not been on Hero Lab for about a week. I went to start it up today my license has disappeared and it went into demo mode. When I tried to reactivate, the license did not appear in the activate box. I am running Windows 10. In all the years I have had Hero Lab I have never had this problem.

ShadowChemosh September 2nd, 2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angela2013 (Post 255295)
I have not been on Hero Lab for about a week. I went to start it up today my license has disappeared and it went into demo mode. When I tried to reactivate, the license did not appear in the activate box. I am running Windows 10. In all the years I have had Hero Lab I have never had this problem.

I have been having connection issues to the LW license and updates servers all morning. It could be related.

I would say go to the HL Menu "License->Send my Licenses to me" so you could get the license and plug it in manually. But at least for me is also offline. :(

ICTerify September 2nd, 2017 10:40 AM

I have been having connection issues today as well. I have not been able to get updates or check the license servers all day.

LW are servers down?

Aaron September 2nd, 2017 10:42 AM

I'll see if I can find anything out.

DeltaMasterMind September 2nd, 2017 10:43 AM

Yeah they are. I am still having issues connecting to the update side of HL.

Angela2013 September 2nd, 2017 11:34 AM

This happened after I got an error while the program was checking for updates.

Colen September 2nd, 2017 12:17 PM

Our DNS provider is having issues - apparently issues bad enough to take down their customer login page as well. :( We reported the problem to them some time ago, but a fix hasn't arrived yet. If it continues much longer we'll look at alternate solutions.

Sorry for the inconvenience, all!

mgrote September 2nd, 2017 01:34 PM

Update?

It's been 5 hours. Saturday is the day where most people game, especially on a holiday weekend. Any update?:confused:

Colen September 2nd, 2017 04:24 PM

I've kicked off the process of switching over to our backup systems, which should take effect as soon as the changes propagate around the internet. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone - I was also moving house this weekend, which made it significantly harder to address this expediently. :(

ShadowChemosh September 2nd, 2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 255328)
Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone - I was also moving house this weekend

Hope the move went well. I have to say moving is the most stressful and exhausting activity! :p :eek: