Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Limit to the number of files in a Realm? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51834)

Daelda January 8th, 2015 11:28 AM

Limit to the number of files in a Realm?

Is there a limit to the number of files (pictures/PDFs/etc) that can be in a single Realm? Lately I have been getting errors when I try to add PDFs or jpgs to my Realm. However, I have found that if I delete a jpg, I can then add in a new jpg.

I was trying to reduce the size of some of my jpgs as I was having crashing problems on my laptop and realized that some of my jpgs had not been optimized (reduced in size) like I should have done - which is why I was trying to put in new ones. In addition, I got some new pdfs released by the publisher and wanted to add them to Realm Works, but I keep getting "An error has occurred" when I try to add them. I know there is a file size limit - but these don't exceed that.

AEIOU January 8th, 2015 12:16 PM

I've got quite a few maps and they are BIG. Most maps are PNG. Not a huge number of other graphics and no PDFs. No errors on my side with over 1100 topics.

The only place I get lag is on large topics that have numerous links. A really bad one for me is a listing of NPCs for Bard's Gate as it links to NPCs as well as primary locations. Another that takes some time to load is a maximum sized map with pins for each town, land feature, road, POI.

Portilis January 8th, 2015 02:25 PM

My biggest realm is sitting around a couple of thousand topics, with around half a gigabyte of images and .por files imported, and I've not seen any issue yet...

DMG January 8th, 2015 02:35 PM

Is it possible that you're running out of RAM? I recall something about RW having to uncompress files such as jpegs to work with them.

pyremius January 9th, 2015 08:17 AM

I managed to crash Realm Works after attaching a near-max-size smart image. It's worked fine ever since - on that computer. I've finally tried opening it on one of my laptops, and it crashed the program with an out of memory error. There's definitely a limit on hoe much can be "in use" at a time - but it's as much system-dependent as anything else.

Daelda January 9th, 2015 07:29 PM

I'm not trying to open any files - just add them as a snippet. I can create the snippet, but is giving me errors when I try to add the file. My computer has 8GB of RAM, so I would hope I'm not running out of RAM....

My Master.Realm is sitting at 2.8 GB in size. The files I was recently trying to add ranged in size from 255k to 14.8MB.

Daelda January 9th, 2015 07:34 PM

I've recently gone through most of my images and reduced their size because I have crashed Realm Works several times due to image size. So now all of my images should be much smaller than they used to be - which is what I was doing when it wouldn't accept the 255k file - I was replacing a 1.8MB picture with a 255k picture - the same image, just I had forgotten to optimize it, so I was fixing that.

MaxSupernova January 9th, 2015 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daelda (Post 201163)
I've recently gone through most of my images and reduced their size because I have crashed Realm Works several times due to image size. So now all of my images should be much smaller than they used to be - which is what I was doing when it wouldn't accept the 255k file - I was replacing a 1.8MB picture with a 255k picture - the same image, just I had forgotten to optimize it, so I was fixing that.

Are you at the latest build? I seem to remember there was some earlier issues about replacing a smart image...

Daelda January 10th, 2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxSupernova (Post 201169)
Are you at the latest build? I seem to remember there was some earlier issues about replacing a smart image...

I have 1.0.1025.185

davidp January 10th, 2015 10:32 AM

Please open a support case so we can follow up on this directly:

http://www.wolflair.com/realmworks/report-bug/

Thanks,