Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Hero Lab Classic (v8.9b) not starting in MacOSX Catalina (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63340)

Prickly Pear October 18th, 2019 12:27 AM

Hero Lab Classic (v8.9b) not starting in MacOSX Catalina

1 Attachment(s)
I just got a new iMac and have transferred files across. When starting Hero Lab, it started in Demo mode. I went to activate my licence and was informed I had to update Hero Lab to the latest version. After doing that, Hero Lab doesn't start up but gives the following message as seen in attached picture.
What's going on?

Dami October 18th, 2019 02:59 PM

Suggestions: Make sure you have the 8.9 full release and not the beta. Send an email to support.

Mathias October 18th, 2019 03:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately, this is happening with Apple's security system on recent versions of macOS, and the instructions on how to fix this are on pg. 2 of the Readme.pdf file that I've attached.

Prickly Pear October 19th, 2019 05:04 PM

Thank you!

If all else fails, read the manual!

I temporarily went back to the previous version, v8.9a, and that one is working. Probably because it has been opened in the past.

Time to upgrade!

Prickly Pear October 19th, 2019 08:13 PM

No, v8.9b doesn't work.

No, It still doesn't work.
I have re-loaded v8.9b and it starts up fine with the splash screen. Then it shows the blue background and the ad for Hero Lab Online. When I press OK, Hero Labs quits immediately.
Something is wrong with v8.9b.

tjzeeman October 20th, 2019 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prickly Pear (Post 283251)
No, It still doesn't work.
I have re-loaded v8.9b and it starts up fine with the splash screen. Then it shows the blue background and the ad for Hero Lab Online. When I press OK, Hero Labs quits immediately.
Something is wrong with v8.9b.

And with 8.9a.

I had the same experience with both versions. Running Mojave though, not Catalina.

Reverted back to 8.9 which is working ok for me, and reported the bug.

tjzeeman November 2nd, 2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjzeeman (Post 283254)
And with 8.9a.

I had the same experience with both versions. Running Mojave though, not Catalina.

Reverted back to 8.9 which is working ok for me, and reported the bug.

And 8.9c fixes it. Thanks! :)

Velea November 10th, 2019 02:30 PM

I get this message “Hero Lab can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." when I try to install what I think is Hero Lab 8.9c. Running Catalina 10.15.1.

Trying to use this with Pathfinder 2, if that matters at all.

Dami November 13th, 2019 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velea (Post 283647)
I get this message “Hero Lab can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software." when I try to install what I think is Hero Lab 8.9c. Running Catalina 10.15.1.

Trying to use this with Pathfinder 2, if that matters at all.

This is the HL Classic forum. You have to be using online if you have PF2 - try looking at threads in the Online / PF2 Forum. I'm sure this issue has come up before and a solution posted.

Mathias November 14th, 2019 07:03 AM

Velea - the readme I posted in #3 in this thread has the instructions for that issue