Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   [Bug Reports] Bretonnians (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13510)

theangels77 July 18th, 2011 10:52 PM

[Bug Reports] Bretonnians

Just a quick question, Is there a reason why "The Green Knight" and "King Louen" dont appear in the Army list for the Bretonnians in the 8th Ed Army Builder for Warhammer Fantasy?

Arijharn July 19th, 2011 12:08 AM

Make sure that you have 'Allow Special Characters' option enabled in the rules. For example; open a new roster and down the bottom there is a tab called 'Click to Choose Rules.'

theangels77 July 19th, 2011 12:17 AM

Thank you soo much. I am still very new to using the program so i did not realise. Thank you once again.

Eisenhower January 9th, 2012 06:07 AM

I noticed problem, if i select that my paladin is battle standard bearer i cant pick armor of agilulf. Pls can some1 tell me is that a problem with program or did i missed something in rulles...

Tiger Dave January 10th, 2012 03:45 PM

Ignore me. Bah.

hiddensnake January 25th, 2012 01:08 PM

Virtue of the Ideal

Not 100% sure if this is a bug or if this is intended, just looking for clarification and a bug fix if it is indeed a bug. When you select Virtue of the Ideal for a Lord, it states in the army book that if a character selects VotI, they can't be the army general, even if they have the highest leadership. However, if you then try to give the generalship to either a Paladin or a Prophetess, AB gives you an error that tells you that character is not allowed to be the general. I searched the FAQ for Bretonnia and didn't find anything that said you weren't allowed to do that, so I was wondering if that was a bug or if that was how the rule was generally interpreted.

Thanks for any reply.

UltraPrime January 25th, 2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eisenhower (Post 68807)
I noticed problem, if i select that my paladin is battle standard bearer i cant pick armor of agilulf. Pls can some1 tell me is that a problem with program or did i missed something in rulles...

Fixed for next release.

Psycho-Joe April 22nd, 2012 07:06 AM

BSB isn't allowed to take additional equipment, but you get no warning if you buy a normal shield for him?

Psycho-Joe April 22nd, 2012 07:19 AM

I've posted this last year:

"there comes no failure-warning when you choose a grail reliquae without having a knight with grail vow in your army."

But nothing changed.

Yobtar April 22nd, 2012 07:57 AM

What kind of warning would u expect to get?

UltraPrime April 22nd, 2012 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 80846)
I've posted this last year:

"there comes no failure-warning when you choose a grail reliquae without having a knight with grail vow in your army."

But nothing changed.

Sorry, must have missed this. You can't take a Grail Relique unless you have at least one model with the Grail Vow in your army. Fixed for next release.

UltraPrime April 22nd, 2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 80844)
BSB isn't allowed to take additional equipment, but you get no warning if you buy a normal shield for him?

Almost missed this one too! Fixed for next release. Although I could have sworn this was changed, I couldn't find any FAQ regarding this.

UltraPrime May 5th, 2012 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hiddensnake (Post 70814)
Not 100% sure if this is a bug or if this is intended, just looking for clarification and a bug fix if it is indeed a bug. When you select Virtue of the Ideal for a Lord, it states in the army book that if a character selects VotI, they can't be the army general, even if they have the highest leadership. However, if you then try to give the generalship to either a Paladin or a Prophetess, AB gives you an error that tells you that character is not allowed to be the general. I searched the FAQ for Bretonnia and didn't find anything that said you weren't allowed to do that, so I was wondering if that was a bug or if that was how the rule was generally interpreted.

Thanks for any reply.

Fixed for next release.

Psycho-Joe November 3rd, 2012 04:45 AM

curious that nobody else noticed. Only one (1) unit of KE is allowed to carry a magic banner but there is no validation error if you take more. Found it out by accident when i used an other builder on my android where this validation was shown. Didn't remeber the passage in the army book.

UltraPrime November 3rd, 2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 100096)
curious that nobody else noticed. Only one (1) unit of KE is allowed to carry a magic banner but there is no validation error if you take more. Found it out by accident when i used an other builder on my android where this validation was shown. Didn't remeber the passage in the army book.

Yes, you are correct. Will fix this :)

Psycho-Joe March 31st, 2013 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UltraPrime (Post 100109)
Yes, you are correct. Will fix this :)

Forgot to fix it? ;-)

EdSteiner March 31st, 2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 152200)
Forgot to fix it? ;-)

UltraPrime must have missed it and I never looked, Will review and fix for 2.56 :)

EdSteiner March 31st, 2013 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 152200)
Forgot to fix it? ;-)

Confirmed as now fixed for 2.56

Psycho-Joe May 11th, 2013 04:51 AM

No validation-error if you give a magic lance to a pala with questing vow

EdSteiner May 11th, 2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 156297)

Will review and report on

EdSteiner May 11th, 2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psycho-Joe (Post 156297)

Fixed for 2.59

naloth July 8th, 2013 05:46 AM

FAQ change?

It looks like the Bret FAQ changed the Bowmen defensive stakes to be a Fence in all respects.

EdSteiner July 8th, 2013 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naloth (Post 160533)
It looks like the Bret FAQ changed the Bowmen defensive stakes to be a Fence in all respects.

Fixed for 2.62

MelesSqr December 2nd, 2013 07:27 AM

I tried to put a second unit if Pegasus Knights in my army list and was told that only 1 unit was allowed... I'm kind of a Warhammer newbie, admitedly, but if I'm under 50% of my points for specials, and not running afoul of duplicates (I'm not) I should be able to have a second unit of Peg Knights, I beleive.

Thanks;

MountainDoc December 5th, 2013 08:48 AM

When including the grail reliquae and battle pilgrims, it displays a validation error if the knight model with the grail vow(s) included in your army come from a unit of grail knights and not from a character model.

EdSteiner December 5th, 2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainDoc (Post 171480)
When including the grail reliquae and battle pilgrims, it displays a validation error if the knight model with the grail vow(s) included in your army come from a unit of grail knights and not from a character model.

Thanks for the detailed example, it was very easy then to track down and fix.

Fixed for 2.69

hmjesus May 27th, 2014 06:43 PM

Paladin with Questing Vow, mundane Greatsword, mundane Morningstar and Virtue of Knightly Temper throws an error as having a magic weapon.

(Also thanks for all your good work!)

EdSteiner May 28th, 2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hmjesus (Post 184184)
Paladin with Questing Vow, mundane Greatsword, mundane Morningstar and Virtue of Knightly Temper throws an error as having a magic weapon.

(Also thanks for all your good work!)

Fixed for 2.75

Six Knights June 6th, 2014 09:47 PM

Max Units of Pegasus Knights

Hi,
I was creating a Bretonnian list earlier today and noticed that Army Builder now flags my list for an error of having more than the max of a unit if I create more than 1 unit of pegasus knights. Was wondering if you could take a look at it when you have the time - thanks.

EdSteiner June 9th, 2014 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Six Knights (Post 184983)
Hi,
I was creating a Bretonnian list earlier today and noticed that Army Builder now flags my list for an error of having more than the max of a unit if I create more than 1 unit of pegasus knights. Was wondering if you could take a look at it when you have the time - thanks.

You must have lord on peg be army general to remove restrictions.

NtK November 29th, 2014 06:34 AM

Virtue of Empathy and Warhorse bug

First thank you for all the hard work in making these data files!

A Lord or Paladin with Virtue of Empathy can still choose to ride a barded Warhorse, not just a Warhorse.

In the current data file, taking Virtue of Empathy and then re-adding the Warhorse only improves the character's armor save by 1. It should improve it by 2.

EdSteiner December 2nd, 2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NtK (Post 198517)
First thank you for all the hard work in making these data files!

A Lord or Paladin with Virtue of Empathy can still choose to ride a barded Warhorse, not just a Warhorse.

In the current data file, taking Virtue of Empathy and then re-adding the Warhorse only improves the character's armor save by 1. It should improve it by 2.

Will review

Fixed for 2.86

Time of Madness December 3rd, 2014 03:12 PM

My understanding of empathy is the character has to be on foot?
Time of Madness

EdSteiner December 3rd, 2014 06:16 PM

Army book uses the term "may" be fielded on foot

theFancyLad January 4th, 2015 06:08 AM

Recently whenever I've added a new unit of any of the following, the unit is created with one fewer models than required to meet the minimum unit size:
-Knights of the Realm
-Knights Errant
-Questing Knights
-Pegasus Knights
There is also no warning that a list with any of these units under the minimum is illegal.

EdSteiner January 5th, 2015 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theFancyLad (Post 200770)
Recently whenever I've added a new unit of any of the following, the unit is created with one fewer models than required to meet the minimum unit size:
-Knights of the Realm
-Knights Errant
-Questing Knights
-Pegasus Knights
There is also no warning that a list with any of these units under the minimum is illegal.

Will review, I see the issue now, need to address it's background code to conform to newer design style.

theFancyLad January 15th, 2015 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theFancyLad (Post 200770)
-Knights of the Realm
-Knights Errant
-Questing Knights
-Pegasus Knights

Also just realized that KotR can't be increased to the unit max of 15. They max out at 14. It also shows a second statline for Warhorses, one of the unit's total number and one that is one fewer (minus the gallant's horse I assume).

EdSteiner January 16th, 2015 04:36 AM

Already noted and fixed for next release. Had to do with same problem as undercount.