Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Custom output requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13198)

Colen June 7th, 2011 09:32 PM

Custom output requests

Hi all,

We just did an update to add some missing feats and such to the custom output format, to help everyone get started with custom output. What other stuff is missing from the output that you want to use? Let us know, and I'll see if we can get it added. :)

sebacore June 8th, 2011 04:43 AM

Here are a few things I would like to see:
  • Modified CMB/CDM for combat maneuvers.
  • Custom weapon/armor special abilities. Basically the info in iCustSumm
  • An equipped field for weapons

This is what I can think of at the moment.

ShadowChemosh June 8th, 2011 09:07 AM

Something I found that does appear to be strange is that the following XML always says no armor equipped even when I have armor equipped.
Code:

<armor name="No Armor Equipped" ac="+0">You need to equip armor to have its bonus apply to your Armor Class. Check the box to the left of the armor's name to equip it.</armor>
  <armor name="No Shield Equipped" ac="+0">You need to equip a shield to have its bonus apply to your Armor Class. Check the box to the left of the shield's name to equip it.</armor>

Not huge as I can always check for that Name and exclude them from print. Though it would be nice to actually know which suite of armor the character is actually wearing.

Something for a wish list to add would be the Adjustments/In-Play things that are activated and affecting a character. Some of my players have sheets that are for Rage or Enlarge or other Buff spells. So be nice to easily see this on the sheet as they have several printed at the game. This is a nice thing if you are guys are you know bored one day with nothing to do. :p

So I did notice after I updated last night that the hero validation report information now shows on the XML output. That is very nice actually. Gives me some ideas. :)

Nikmal June 8th, 2011 11:47 AM

I would like to see the breakdown of the all the numbers and where they came from for all the skills, CMB, CMD, as well as the To hit numbers and AC breakdown too. It is kind of a good thing to see the breakdown in both the GUI and the character sheets :)

If this has already been implemented already then ignore this :)

Thanks!! I really do appreciate the custom output!!
:)

sebacore June 8th, 2011 12:03 PM

I just noticed that the @baseattack only provides the first attack.

7th lvl Fighter:
should be: 7/2
shows: 7

sebacore June 8th, 2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nikmal (Post 56946)
I would like to see the breakdown of the all the numbers and where they came from for all the skills, CMB, CMD, as well as the To hit numbers and AC breakdown too. It is kind of a good thing to see the breakdown in both the GUI and the character sheets :)

:)

Most of these are in there. I've seen all the numbers for skills and AC. I am playing around with the BAB and all those now.

Nanan00 June 8th, 2011 12:13 PM

I would like to see weapon and spell dice breakdowns beyond the default basics.

such as...

+1 Flaming Longsword, 1d8+1 +1d6, 19-20/x2

Red text is missing...

Magic missile shows as 1d4+1 at level 1 and at level 20, shouldn't this update as you level, it does in heroforge which is just an excel spread sheet.

I would like a short description output that shows the basics.

(Spell level) Spell Name, (Dice number modified to current level with adjustments that would alter the number of dice), type of damage or effect, duration, VSMDF?, Cast Time, Range touch/range touch/area, Range, save DC, spell resist?, BookPagenumber.

(1) Magic Missile, 3d4+3, Force Damage, Instant, VS, 1SA, Sight, 160feet(32sq), None, Yes, PHBXXX

Kinnakeeter June 8th, 2011 08:13 PM

I second Nanan00's weapon and spell dice breakdown.

Some things I think are helpful.
  • Modifier breakdowns for skills, AC, in addition to the CMB/CMD request earlier in the thread.
  • Attacks could be broken down as well - i.e. main-hand, off-hand, etc. HL already does this on the character sheets, just not statblocks.
  • Full feat descriptions. I like what ShadowChemosh has already done.

Statblocks are harder for me to read for some reason, but I realize that a full sheet will be further down the line. I want to thank all of you who are working on new output for putting in the time and effort. Those of us who have no time to do this (or, like me, are looking at this in puzzlement in spite of knowing HTML and CSS) are grateful to all of you who do. So Thanks in advance.

sebacore June 9th, 2011 12:04 PM

The damage reduction section only provides the full text. Example: it displays "You have damage reduction from cold iron" instead of DR 6/Cold Iron.

The short name would be great.

sebacore June 9th, 2011 12:07 PM

Currently working my way down a full sheet. Hopefully I can have it done soon but somethings are going to take a little more time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinnakeeter (Post 56981)
I second Nanan00's weapon and spell dice breakdown.

Some things I think are helpful.
  • Modifier breakdowns for skills, AC, in addition to the CMB/CMD request earlier in the thread.
  • Attacks could be broken down as well - i.e. main-hand, off-hand, etc. HL already does this on the character sheets, just not statblocks.
  • Full feat descriptions. I like what ShadowChemosh has already done.

Statblocks are harder for me to read for some reason, but I realize that a full sheet will be further down the line. I want to thank all of you who are working on new output for putting in the time and effort. Those of us who have no time to do this (or, like me, are looking at this in puzzlement in spite of knowing HTML and CSS) are grateful to all of you who do. So Thanks in advance.